TKR Brand New Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Heidi,
I was just enjoying this beautiful weather, when you popped into my thoughts :) can you honestly believe
How nice out it has been ? Have you been to the cabin ?
I see your other knee will be done on October 18, I bet you are excited ( except for the boredom ) :heehee:
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Heidi,
I was just enjoying this beautiful weather, when you popped into my thoughts :) can you honestly believe
How nice out it has been ? Have you been to the cabin ?
I see your other knee will be done on October 18, I bet you are excited ( except for the boredom ) :heehee:
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi everyone! I was just reading through the last few pages of this thread and it was nice to see how many of you popped in to say hello. I am gearing up for my LTKR this Friday and the difference between how I felt back in March for the first surgery and how I feel now is amazing. I am really calm, I have no pre op jitters and if anything I'm anxious to get there and have it over and done with. I am so tired of being held back by a bad knee and now that the right one is brand new I know life is going to get even better.

Life is good here, we have spent weekends at the lake and enjoyed visits from family and friends. It is late fall now and the colors are so vibrant and pretty. Went out in my kayak yesterday for one last paddle around and then hubby put the kayaks away for the winter. I won't be able to get down to the waterfront for awhile and a month from now there could snow in New Hampshire anyway.

Grandchild number two is due end of December so I have a reason to recover and get moving as quickly as possible. And the biggest news of all is my husband is retiring the end of the year :cheers2:. We're really excited at that impending freedom and the chance to do all the things we've talked about. We will sell our Massachusetts house and make the lake house our home base from now on. That puts a smile on my face! Along with the thought of a few weeks somewhere warm and sunny this winter...where I can show off my new knees and really cool scars :yes:

Warm wishes to all my Bonesmart penpals!

Heidi
 
Hi Heidi, I haven't been on for a while. Life gets back to normal once the knee recovers, and work has been very busy. I knew your LTKR was coming up so thought I'd pop in and see how you were feeling pre-op. From reading your latest post I can see you are well and truly ready to get the show on the road. Once winter is over your knee will well and truly be ready to go for your new life at the lake with hubby retired. What a lovely thought. You did so well with the first knee I have no doubt you will do well with this TKR too. Look at our Toothfairy with her second one, she's done great, and so will you..Special thoughts coming your way for Friday. I wish you all the best and will try and catch up from time to time to see how you're going. I haven't posted on my thread for a while, so will do that and put a new piccie of my gorgeous grandchild. Take care Heidi. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
So glad things are going well kimejen Jenny! I'll bet you are enjoying that little jewel of a grand baby! Love this phase of life. Our son and his wife have elected not to know the sex of the new baby but our little grand daughter goes from insisting it is a "baby sissa" to suddenly saying it's a "baby brovva" and his name is Harry! Too funny!

The fall (Autumn) here has been beautiful. Colors are spectacular. Nice to hear from you Diana @ New Knee in June! We have had some wonderful weekends at the lake...soon to be WEEKS at the lake. Life is good. (Well except for a TKR in a couple days... :shocked: )

Will attempt to insert a photo of fall color in New Hampshire but not sure it will work!

Heidi
[Bonesmart.org] Brand New Day!
 
Heidi, what a beautiful picture. I just said in my thread that this is something I'd like to experience some day. That is spectacular. You inserted that pic great. I don't think I did too good inserting my pic, but hopefully you'll be able to open it and have a look at my gorgeous girl. Your little granddaughter sounds so cute. How lovely, a new grandbaby very soon. Take care and all the best. Jenny:puppysmooze:
 
Is that on Lake Winipesaki? What gorgeous colors!!! And soon it will be your primary home. I could easily be jealous. I miss being right on the lake. I like all water toys - kayak, canoe, sailboat, waterskiing, tubing... I love it most with the fall colors reflecting on the water. I was up in Franconian Notch a couple of weeks ago - colors were fabulous there.

Take care - hope your new TKR goes smoothly.
 
Hi Heidi,
I have just caught up on your thread.
What a beautiful picture of your family. You all look really happy.
Great news about your husbands impending retirement and your move to your lakeside house. That is something to look forward to after your second TKR.
Grandchildren are such a joy.
I am glad you are feeling calm about knee two and ready to get it done. Not long now and it will be over and you will be travelling that well worn path to recovery. I will be thinking about you.
I am doing well and am constantly having to remind myself that I'm only 6 weeks post op when I get tired or a bit stiff.
Take care,
Hugs Toothfairy x :friends: :bicycle2:
 
Toothfairy I have really enjoyed reading your recovery thread about your second TKR and it has me feeling really positive as I head into round two myself. I am much better prepared and know what to expect - and I have a sense those things will make recovery easier this time. (let's hope that by saying that I don't jinx things :whistle: )

hhilltop, we are on Island Pond, a small lake near Lake Sunappee. It's big enough for waterskiing and tubing but small and quiet enough for kayaking and canoeing. We love it! I'll bet the colors up in Franconia Notch were amazing - it's been a gorgeous fall hasn't it? I wish it would stay this way. I'm not all excited about the snow and ice to follow...
 
Dear Heidi,
I wanted to wish you luck on Friday :) We New Englanders are a tough bunch & you will do just fine.
Your picture is beautiful....I am in awe with this time of year...you have so many life changing events
In your life, all good. please keep us posted on your progress.
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Diana new knee in June! Some jitters have set in despite my best efforts but I have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. which is good. This time tomorrow I will be in anesthesia induced la la land :zzz: so I just need to get through today. It does help having been through it because I know what to take and also how to have the house ready for my homecoming.

And in an oddly good way the soon to be replaced knee is really aching today. That makes me realize that there is a real reason for this.

Enjoy the day! Sounds like we have some rain headed our way for tomorrow.

Heidi
 
Heidi,
I am happy you have an early appointment :) My surgery was at 1:50, I had Ativan ( tranquilizer ) I took
Early. I got into surgery at 3:30, by then my Ativan wore off. The poor nurse sitting with me had to calm me
Down :boohoo: keep busy today...funny how our knee tells us when it's time to have surgery :heehee:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
when I was being wheeled down to theatre I was crying and blubbering all the way ! :boohoo: I was so scared and everyone must have thought I was a looney . I had to be at the hospital at 7am but I was fourth on the list and didn't go down till 1 pm....I was trying to pretend to my hubby. who was sitting with me, that I was as cool as a cucumber. but when they started to wheel the bed out the room..that was it..I fell apart :beg:
 
Oh @ Mrs. Cricklewood, that is so sad! I know with my right knee I felt that way inside, but I tried so hard to be that cool cucumber I gave my myself a wicked tension headache :sigh: ! Maybe I should have blubbered instead. I am all packed (one small bag of magazines, toiletries and my hairbrush) and I have my nesting bin ready to put in the family room for my weeks ahead. Feeling pretty good now!
 
good on you Baystater ! No one could be a bigger sooky bub than me ! Even now my hubby still raves about how proud he is of me actually getting the operation done ! I am pathetic :boohoo: ...leading up to it I went to see my 'normal' doctor and just burst into tears at the mention of having the knee replacement..he gave me some valium leading up to it ! I went to see him to get some panadeine forte ( pain killers ) after my prescription my surgeon had given me ran out..and yes even my doctor was really proud of me for going through with it ! hahaah Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery ! :flwrysmile:
 
Baystater, I hope everything went swimmingly and you have some wonderful pain meds on board for the start of your recovery. :flwrysmile:
 
I have a new left knee! Surgery was at 7:30, was in recovery by 11:20. Up to my room by 1:00 in the afternoon. Everyone is so kind! And best of all this floor of the hospital has been redone since I was here in March. Rooms are all now private, quite nicely decorated too. Had chicken soup for lunch and feeling comfortable drowsy. No pain at all either.
Thank you all for your well wishes
I am a happy girl!

Heidi
 
Fantastic news. Happy snoozing with no pain:sleep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom