TKR Brand New Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Heidi, Good to hear you're doing well with your second knee. Have you downloaded any games onto your ipad/tablet etc. I downloaded a few games for our travels soon, got a few hours sitting at airports etc along the way. I like the word games. Spelltower has got me hooked. I bought that one for a couple of $s. So at night before bed I have a bit of a game. So addictive. There are soooo many free ones, you should have a look. Might help keep that boredom at bay. Congratulations on your husbands retirement, I am sure it will be a wonderfully happy time for you both, especially going to live at the lake. Such beautiful photos you've shared. I can't imagine you having snow probably by the end of the month. So hard to imagine when you live in such a tropical state in Australia. We are having our hot and humid days, with thunderstorms that brew. There was one last night, but where we live we never get severe thunderstorms, but you turn on the t.v. and you see what devastation it did cause, and all we got was a bit of rumblings and a little bit of rain. Our holiday to London & Paris is fast approaching and I can't wait. Looking at the temperatures - it's coooooooldd. But that'll be half the fun for us Queenslanders. So looking forward to the Christmas shops. Not long before Grandbaby is here, we're talking next month now!! Lovely times ahead. Take care Heidi, glad you're doing well. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Jenny,
Sorry it took me so long to reply - as you can tell life is good, busy but good! This left knee is taking a bit longer to recover from in that I still need a cane to walk any type of distance (it seems to me by this point with the right one I wasn't using any assistance) but it is going well just the same. We do the two hour drive up to the lake every week and riding in the car isn't a problem. Plus with Thursday being Thanksgiving here we've been doing a lot of holiday shopping and I am amazed at how I can get around the supermarket and the mall. Not bad :ok:

My husband is officially retired and really seems to be enjoying it. We've talked to the realtor and will put this house on the market after Christmas. No need to be right outside of Boston if he isn't commuting in anymore. The lake house will be great to call home. Speaking of a lot of our neighbors up there mentioned they wanted to see the renovations but we had such a busy summer we really never had people over. So this Friday we are having a holiday open house. I figured with it being a holiday weekend people would be busy and not many would be able to attend. Wrong! At this point we have at least 30 coming :cheers2: and I think some people who didn't RSVP will be ringing the doorbell anyway. We stocked up on beer, wine and soda and my daughter will help with hors d'oeuvres plus a lot of people have offered to bring appetizers and wine so I know it will be fine...but yikes what did I get myself into?? I am doing my best to channel my inner Martha Stewart! And Chowda is going to wear her Christmas jingle collar and has promised her best behavior. Though frankly she can't be trusted with plates of food at eye level...

When do you leave for London and Paris? You will love it and I think you'll see snow. I know they've had snow several times in Paris already. We had snow up at the lake last week, it was beautiful. Just enough to make everything pretty like a Christmas card.

My mother turns 80 in December so we will be traveling to Pennsylvania for a party for her, then home here for Christmas. Then back to PA again for the birth of grandchild number two on December 28th. Life is good. (Now if I can just dump this cane it will be even better:skep: )

And you will be happy to know the boredom wasn't as bad this time around! Too much going on for me to even get bored most of the time. That was a relief!

Hope all is well with you,
Heidi
 
Hi Heidi, So lovely to hear how well you're doing. It's amazing how "life goes on" with our new knees. We think at the time we're never going to get there, but we do. Your life sounds very full at the moment. The open house sounds like fun - hard work so soon after your op, but good that you've got your daughter to help. Aren't daughters wonderful, they tend to be mini me's. I' sure a good time will be had by all. Chowda will certainly look the part. Tiny gets to wear his jingle collar at Christmas. Loves opening gifts too, he's hilarious to watch. We get him to help us with opening our gifts too and he loves it. I think you're doing great, and I think you're being a little impatient :no-fin: with wanting to get rid of that cane. It's only 6 weeks, and you're doing amazingly. It won't be long. Probably a good thing that you're going into your winter months as you'll be more likely to sit down and keep warm than want to do a great deal. Just think of next summer - lake, kayak, what more could a girl want. No stopping you then. Our holiday is in a week - cannot believe how quickly it is approaching. We head off on the night of the 5th Dec, stopping in Dubai for 2 days/nights, then onto Paris for 4nights, then train to London for another 4 nights, then directly home. I saw my doctor a few days ago to get a letter for my medications (quite strict in Dubai it seems. I heard that Codeine is a banned substance there, and that was through the travel agent, so thought I'd just cover myself with what I'm taking with me) and the doc was horrified we were going to Europe for such a short time. I know, I know. BUT with having a small business it's sooo hard to go for any length of time. We could say "one day we'll do that" but you never know what's around the corner, and like I said to the doc, I would rather have seen a little piece of the world than not at all, and we can always go back - God willing.
My knee is not doing too bad. We went on a weekend trip away and I did a lot of walking and the knee was great. It was very tired by the end of the day, but after rest it was all good to go. That's what we want with our new knees. So I am confident the knee will cope with it's overseas trip. Not sure about snow, we might be a bit early for that. But then we don't usually get severe thunderstorms here in Brisbane til Dec/Jan and we've already had some shockers. So you never know!!! Soooo excited for the trip. Grandbaby coming soon, which is so exciting for you all, another little addition to the family. Our Lilli is doing well. Four months old now and getting little chubby legs, and they are kicking all the time. Starting to focus on her hands clutching things now, so sweet to watch. Hates taking the bottle from us when we babysit. Gets quite distressing for her and for us. We look after her at least once a week while daughter-in-law helps out in their restaurant. Mostly Friday or Saturday night when they are usually very busy. She's a gorgeous little thing, but gee I'd forgotten how tiring little people are. Well Heidi, you take care. Happy thanksgiving - ENJOY. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Hope this photo uploads Jenny kimejen. A snowy morning last week up here in New Hampshire. It was gone by late morning but so pretty. I follow a Parisian page on Facebook and I've seen similar snowfalls there in the last week or so. Fingers crossed you get to see some!
Have a wonderful time. In my next life I've already decided I am going to live in Paris :angel: Enjoy London and Dubai as well!
[Bonesmart.org] Brand New Day!
 
Hello Heidi Baystater and Jenny kimejen
I hope you are both well.
I'm impressed at how very busy you have been Heidi this early in your recovery.
It sounds as though you are making marvellous progress. What a beautiful picture of the lake.
Hope the house sale goes smoothly. Good luck with the open house, it sounds like great fun but don't tire yourself out.
Have a great trip Jenny, it sounds wonderful. Enjoy every moment and take lots of pictures,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Hi Heidi Baystater - You have made my day. Thank you for posting that picture , it is absolutely breathtaking, What a beautiful way to start the day. I am all excited now that you've heard there's been snow in Paris. I really hope we see some. I was looking at various sites on Paris and came across a YouTube video of it snowing on 8Dec 2010. We arrive in Paris on the 8th Dec. Could we be so lucky. I remember Dec 2010 - world weather had gone mad. Europe was having heavy snowfalls and there were places getting snow that didn't see snow much. Here in Brisbane we were experiencing heavy rain and flooding, into our city streets which was a rare thing. Hope your Open House is going well and that you're coping with your knee. We had a very hot day yesterday but a change came through last night and it's raining and a lot cooler today, which is nice. BUT when that sun comes out it is going to be hot and humid. Take care Heidi. :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Jenny and Toothfairy - just letting you know the party was wonderful, we had a houseful of people, more food and drink than we needed and a good time was had by all! My daughter was in charge of the food and did a fantastic job. My husband did all the set up and then this morning thoroughly vacuumed and mopped for me. House is all tidied up and I actually had to do very little. I think I actually enjoy this aspect of TKR recovery :whistle:

Jenny, fingers crossed you see snow on your trip. The last time we were in Paris was spring 2010. That was when the ash cloud from the Iceland volcano grounded all flights in Western Europe. Toothfairy, do you remember that? Anyway our 6 days in Paris turned into 12. Not a bad place to be stuck! We ran out of museums to visit and spent some wonderful afternoons just sitting in the sunshine in Luxembourg Gardens people watching.

Heidi
 
That is great Heidi, I am so pleased you had a lovely party's and lots of willing (?) helpers.
I do indeed remember the ash cloud and the ensuing chaos. I wasn't personally affected but it was memorable.
No snow here in the south yet. We did have some cold weather but this last week has been much milder.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Baystater Hello Heidi,
How are you :) Your pictures of N.H. Are gorgeous. As you know we are getting ready for a snow storm :happydance:
Tomorrow I will get a bit of shopping done, then the :luv4y: will go up. A little wrapping & some hot chocolate.
I will truly be in heaven :angel: I believe only New Englanders can appreciate a beautiful snow fall :snow win:
I want to wish you & your family :xmas-merry: & may 2014 be a joyous one.
I hope your new knees are feeling fine.
Sincerely,
Diana :xmas-tree:
 
Oh thank you Diana! Our timing in this house is never good with these storms :hissy: We are headed to Pennsylvania tomorrow morning for my mother's 80th birthday party :cheers2: tomorrow night...and it sounds like there could be as much snow down there. We were going to leave at 9:00am but decided to get on the road by 7 and hope we can get there before roads get too bad!

We plan on coming home Monday and then I just want to relax by the Christmas tree and relax!

Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year! So glad so many of us decided to make 2013 the year for NEW KNEES! Life is good :spin:

Heidi
 
Happy Christmas Heidi,
I hope you are still progressing well,
Best wishes for 2014, I hope it will be a happy and healthy year for you and yours,
hugs, Toothfairy x
:xmas-tree::presnt:
 
Merry Christmas to you as well @Toothfairy - so glad we made 2013 the year for new knees! Life is indeed good.

Enjoy your holiday and best wishes for the NewYear!

Heidi
:santa sleigh:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Brand New Day!
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Brand New Day!
bottomshollow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom