THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

As usual, you've got a calm, sensible good plan and great mental attitude for the next phase of recovery! :thumb: I know what you mean when you say you feel like it's been ages since May! Strange little time warp we go through with hip recovery. :shrug:Plus your additional groundhog Day blip you had to endure! But the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter for you! :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
 
Bet you are excited about this easing of restrictions, @ceezee You have been such a good patient, and I hope all your patience and attention will pay off big time! Cheers!
 
Only one more sleep! :sleep:
Then it's time for a happy dance. :happydance: :spin:
Well, that might be pushing it, but but I'm sure you'll find someway to celebrate.
Super excited for you! :yay:
@ceezee
 
Well, I took it fairly easy today. A little bit of alternate walking with the crutches, walking with the walker, standing in the shower, standing doing some dishes...but really not too much over the whole day. I can tell that I’m going to be stiff and achy if I push it too much. I’ll be surprised if I’m feeling it tomorrow but who knows.

Tomorrow I’ll going to work on just walking. No cane, no crutches, no walker. Just walking carefully, paying attention to my gait, and going slow slow slow.

Besides that I don’t have a lot going on but we are going out to our favorite bar which has great food and amazing cocktails. It’ll be a whiskey sour for me. I love it but at home I usually just make Manhattans. They’re simple. I usually went there at least once a week and always sat at the bar. It’s been over two months. They’re going to think I moved. Lol.

The next thing we have planned so far is going to a steak house on Sunday.
 
Ouch! This morning I can tell I used muscles and flexors yesterday that hadn’t been used for 2 months. And I thought I took it super easy. :nah: I got up, took 2 Advil, had coffee, got some things straightened out for the house cleaner we hired when it was clear I wasn’t going to be able to keep up anymore. He’s coming this morning and is a godsend.

I have a slight limp when I don’t pay attention. Fingers crossed :fingersx: about the LLD. My husband thinks I’m looking good when I walk. No crutches or canes today except for when we go out tonight.

I’m going to try to not do much more today other than walking. And not too much of that. I’ll go back to the once every hour get up and do a bit. I’m pretending I’m in early recovery, which I guess in a way I am.
 
@ceezee, you are taking it slow and easy.. I think you are being smart..
I remember thinking I was taking it easy and the steps still added up so I know your pain..

Tomorrow = Nothing
Saturday = Nothing

But will you still go for the steak dinner? :what:
All kidding aside, I bet your muscles will warm up quickly, as long as you continue with taking it slow.
Kind of reminds me of coming out of a cast..
When will you see your OS again?

:flwrysmile:
 
This morning mainly my calf is feeling quite sore. I had another great night of sleep and that is such a huge help. Today the weather looks marvelous and I plan on sitting outside getting Vitamin D and reading.

My appointment with the PA is Monday. They’ll take another X-ray and I have a ton of questions.
 
Happy Friday! @ceezee
Taking it easy today and tomorrow sounds like the best plan since you're hurting a bit. Hopefully your sore calf recovers today with some rest. I'm sure walking without an assistive device is an adjustment after all this time.

Hooray for good sleep! Squeezing in some Vitamin D Therapy and a little reading today sounds like a great plan. I hope you enjoy the steak dinner on Sunday and have a good appointment with the PA on Monday. I'll be watching for an update. :friends:
 
Oh, @ceezee I am so hopeful that this coming Monday you'll get a good report from your PA appointment. I hope the X-rays will show successful healing and then it will be on to the next phase of recovery. Also nice to hear that you're getting a decent night's sleep, so critical for healing. Enjoy your day of sunshine and reading--sounds wonderful to me. I will read but rain is predicted this afternoon so my reading will be done tucked up in a comfy chair in our family room.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Stopping by to wish you all the best at your appt with the PT today. I hope your calf is feeling better, your x-rays look perfect and you get all your questions answered. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
Will look forward to the great news I believe we'll hear. :yay:
Wishing you a bright sunny Monday! :SUNsmile:
@ceezee
 
I had my appointment this morning and it went swimmingly. :yes!:

The X-rays look good and show the bone growing in. I’m to keep walking for the next two weeks but not go overboard. The full weight is actually helping the bone grow stronger. After two weeks I can be a little more aggressive with the walks. Still no PT, just walking. They actually don’t ever suggest PT for this type of fracture. Just walking and normal life. I can drive, get a full body massage, cross legs, sit Indian style, etc. The danger of dislocation is very small as long as I don’t do a cross body and twist. So I need to be careful when shaving my legs, but I knew that. The vacation is ON. :happydance:Even with all the walking I’ll do in Montreal. My next appointment is in a month, right after the vacation.
 
:wowspring: !!! Great news! But we knew you would have a good report card since you've been a model patient! Have a great holiday - so jealous I'd love to go to Montreal. :roseshwr:
 
One more bit of great news I forgot to mention. I was very worried about LLD because the implant had shifted. But the X-rays showed nearly zero difference. 1 mm! The PA said that was remarkable even if it hadn’t shifted. Whew.

If I limp, I can’t blame it on that. :rotfl:
 
Ceezee, this is fabulous news. :yay: ALL OF IT! :happydance: I'm very happy for you. :yes:
And now you can concentrate on a wonderful vacay in Montreal!

Have you considered the Giraffe razor for shaving until you are more flexibile?
I've even read on the forum of someone taping a disposable razor to a paint stick, another to a 12 inch ruler.
I went to an electric razor right before surgery. With less hair growth (one good thing about aging) it has sufficed and I'm a bit more paranoid after THR of getting a cut or gash in my leg, opening my skin to who knows what...

Have a wonderful day up there on Cloud Nine! :wave:
@ceezee
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom