THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Wowza...yummy!
Looks like you'll be doing some fine dining while in Montreal.
I'm excited for you, ceezee. You'll be celebrating in style after all you've been through. Well deserved, friend, well deserved!
I hope you have a lovely Saturday!
@ceezee
 
@Layla Montréal is just the icing on the cake. Before we get there we’re staying at a wonderful inn in Vermont which is having a Farm to Table dinner and wine pairing that night. Then it’s a short drive to Québec Province and a five-star lodge on a lake in the middle of the wine country there. We’re staying 4 nights there. Hopefully besides eating and drinking I’ll be able to do some canoeing. :heehee: It’s after all that when we head to Montréal for two days of more eating and drinking. And more walking. That’s also a short drive.

Because it’s so off season...no leaves, not Christmas time....we got incredible deals everywhere. Great time to travel. Cooler and less crowds.

I’m going to gain back all the weight I lost over the past few months if I don’t keep my activity level up at least a bit. Usually on vacations I lose weight because of all the walking and activities we normally do. We’ll see.
 
What a lovely time you'll have!
The farm to table dinner and wine sounds right up my alley.
But so does, Montreal, Quebec, an inn in Vermont, four nights at a lodge on a lake, canoeing...ALL OF IT! Any room in your suitcase for me to squeeze into? What a vacay! Can't wait to hear all about it afterward.
You're a lucky duck :yes:
@ceezee
 
Last edited:
Wow, reading about your upcoming trip does make it sound like it's going to be a wonderful experience, @ceezee. I am guessing you're a bit of a "foodie"? Between being freed up for walking/strolling, plus wonderful meals it sounds like a fabulous trip! Take care of yourself and try not to overdo it (canoeing sounds like it would be hard, but I'm guessing if you've done it before it's not so difficult). Anyway, hope it's wonderful getaway!
 
Trip sounds like so much fun. @ceezee Montréal is on my short list of places I want to see. Any chance you can squeeze @Layla and I both in your bag? Vermont is lovely this time of year.
 
@Fit4Family, @Layla I do wish I could squeeze you both in. I think we’d have a blast! :cheers:

It’s less than two weeks away! I can hardly believe it’s so close. :yes!:

I’m now not using the cane at all in the house and really only taking it out to be safe around people. I’m walking down stairs fine and occasionally walking up the stairs. By that I mean not toddler style.

And driving has been a non-issue. Very low chairs are still kind of a pain to get up from but regular height ones are easy. My stutter steps are now fewer, which makes me feel more normal.

And I’m getting off of the Gabapentin I’ve been taking for the numb left leg. It’s still numb but the pain has subsided so I’m seeing if I can eliminate the medication. I was on three a day so for one week I take two a day and the following week take one a day. :fingersx: it works out.

One more week of “taking it easy” and then I’m to go back to whatever. I still shouldn’t pick up anything over 20 pounds for a bit but that’s about it.
 
@ceezee Everything sounds so good, your hip, your progress and the vacay! I love Canada,, and you now have me itching to go, too.
Good news on your ability to ditch the cane inside your home,, that is big progress, my friend!! So happy for you!
 
We would have a blast! So many Bonesmarties I feel I'd have fun with if I ever met them and you and Fit4Family are certainly on the list.

You're making great strides already and I'd continue to use that cane also for a time as a big warning sign while out in public.
Hurray for you with your progress on stairs, that's awesome, ceezee!

It sounds like things are falling into place quickly for you and with your eye on the prize of that magnificent vacay only a couple weeks away, I hope time flies for you. Have a wonderful Sunday!
@ceezee
 
Today was comprised of returning all the clothes that I bought online during the two months when I was either not feeling good or on the non-weight regiment and didn’t get out.

I hit the post office, the UPS store, REI, the local pharmacy to pick up more Gabapentin. While I was at REI of course I found a couple of tops I can use for the trip coming up. And a neat wool cap. A Nordstrom Rack is right next door so I couldn’t not look there. I tried on 6 pairs of jeans and found one that fit! :yes!: Plus a cute Eileen Fisher sweater in a soft orange creamsicle color.

This activity, using no cane, comes to over 7000 steps. I think I may have slipped into the ODIC. I’ll know tomorrow. Tomorrow’s highlight is the HVAC guy coming to make sure the furnace is behaving and change filters. Waiting for them to show up will definitely insure I take it easy. :rotfl:
 
Bwaaaaah!!! I SO miss Nordstrom Rack over here in England! :bawl:
You sound like you're doing great. So happy for you! :loveshwr:. Take it easy today, you don't want to be exhausted for all the walking and eating youll do in Montreal. :cheers:
 
Hi @ceezee
I'm sure you meant to invite me, but realize that I Do Not Do COLD.:heehee:

I tried on 6 pairs of jeans
Oh my stars...at two months post op this would've definitely counted as PT for me.
This activity, using no cane, comes to over 7000 steps. I think I may have slipped into the ODIC.
I certainly hope not.
Hope today is a Good Day!!!
 
I SO miss Nordstrom Rack over here in England!
If they closed, I’d be in real trouble. I got $200 AG jeans for $79 and the $180 Eileen Fisher sweater for $80. :yes!: I can’t remember the last time I paid full price for anything other than at Athleta.

@Mojo333, I didn’t think a Georgia girl would be interested in heading way North in autumn. :heehee:

My right lower back has been stiff for the past few days. Yesterday it eventually eased up. This morning I feel great except for the back ache again. It must be some way I’m sleeping.

According to my Apple Watch data, I slept 9 hours and 32 minutes last night. I feel so rested this morning, I believe it.
 
Good Morning and a Happy Tuesday to you :)
Wow, you had a full day with 7000 steps and trying on all of those jeans.
Found some great bargains also, lucky you!
Best news is you're feeling great today after 9.5 hrs of sleep. Awesome for sure.
I hope your back ache eases up as it did yesterday.
Enjoy the day! :SUNsmile:
@ceezee
 
I, too, find my back aches most in the morning when I first get up and I do think it's because of lying in bed, regardless of sleeping position. Once I'm up and moving about, and have some coffee, it always feels better. But it probably means that I'll be facing some kind of back exercises for the rest of my natural born days! Glad you are feeling better after your 9.5 hours of sleep--amazing! Have a great day, @ceezee--sounds like you're finding cute new clothes for your trip, that's always a pleasure, cute stuff at good prices--the shopper's dream result!
 
I have basically done nothing today. All day in the house, didn’t even get the mail from the mailbox, sat around, etc. And still I clocked 4000+ steps and it’s not even dinner time yet. :what:

Advil is helping my achy back. I’ve gone back to the 3 x day of Gabapentin. My test run of easing off and quitting using it was unsuccessful and I’m back on it. At this point my “good” left leg with it’s painful numbing feels way worse than my “bad” right leg. Go figure. Both hips feel fantastic so that is wonderful!

Tomorrow should also be a slow day. We’re working out the final details of our early summer trip to Norway next year. So I’ll be doing some research. It’s wonderful to not have to worry about bad hips.
 
Sounds like you're doing great and finding great clothing deals on top of it! Woohoo, score! And planning new trips, you've got it going on.
:egypdance:
 
I spent a lot of my life as an IT project manager and I love doing that. So I’m always trying to find another project. I’m the handyman in the house but most of that type of hard work is not quite possible yet.....but I can still plan....right?!

I’m just now learning about limitations. But I’m trying to ignore them for the future. Maybe not so reasonable but that’s just how I work.
 
Wow! I just remembered that my Book Club meeting is tomorrow afternoon. It’s a great group of amazing women. It was started in 1929 by a group of Quaker women and it’s still going strong as a mixed group. We meet once a month, except for the summer, and have people come in to give a lecture or presentation. Nope, we don’t all read the same book at once. Instead we have a lending library of books replenished twice a year. We do discuss books but it’s casually during social hour prior to the program

They will be so amazed to see me walking with hopefully, no cane. We range age from 45 to 96.

I was so afraid I wouldn’t be able to drive yet and have to miss this.
 
Ceezee, you are doing so well!! :loveshwr: You know what? I have never shopped at a Nordstrom Rack.. I plan to rectify that real soon!!

Book club sounds good, too. So glad you will be able to drive there AND waltz on in...

Sorry to hear about the numbing burning pain.. but at least the Gaba works for you,, maybe you can try weaning again an a month or so? You sound so happy, getting out and about.. and that is a huge improvement.. you have so earned this!
 
Sorry to hear about the numbing burning pain.. but at least the Gaba works for you,, maybe you can try weaning again an a month or so?
I’d like it if it worked better. I hate to go up in the dosage. At the dosage is was using before it just makes it bearable to touch it or have clothes touch it or sleep through the night (that is the big thing). I’ll definitely try getting off it again later.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom