THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Oh, rats, @ceezee, I am sure that's news you did NOT want to hear! But sounds like you didn't do anything to bring on this fracture and I'm hoping, as suggested, that with time and not putting weight on it, using the walker, that things will start to knit together without the necessity of further surgery. Sending good wishes and positive vibes that further surgery will not be needed. Hang in there, this must have been tough to hear.
 
I am so sorry to read this news @ceezee
I'm sure it was very discouraging to hear. Prayers that the non weight bearing option is effective and you're able to avoid surgery to place a cerclage wire.
Sending a hug and wishes for your comfort. We're here for you. :console2:
 
@ceezee Thinking of you and hoping things go well and the fracture heals by itself. I'm not so good at coming up with the right words to say, but I do wish you well. ♥️
 
So sorry to hear your news @ceezee. I will be thinking of you and really hope that it will all be resolved sooner rather than later.
 
@ceezee :unsure:
I, too, am sorry you are having to go through this.
Glad this was caught and is being addressed at one month.
Babying that leg is now your priority and lots of healing vibes coming from your bonesmart friends.
Healing hugsxxxx
 
Last edited:
Hi @ceezee
Stopping by to offer One Month Anniversary wishes but in light of the news you received yesterday I'm sure you could be happier. Please know we're here for you and will support you through thick or thin.
Hopefully this two week period culminates in good news. Prayers and good thoughts to that end.
Sending love, a warm hug and wishing you comfort and a happy holiday weekend engaging with those you hold dear. :friends: :loveshwr:
 
Oh nooooooo! :yikes:. I'm so sorry to hear about your femur problems! :bawl:. You're so incredibly upbeat about it all though, taking it all in stride. I do hope the implant doesn't slip any further and you and your OS find the best solution quickly. I was just going to post admiration at your incredible social calendar when I read the bad news. Sending you lots of healing mojo and hugs. :angel::console2:
 
@ceezee so sorry for your bad news but sending thoughts and prayers that no weight bearing and taking it easy will give you a good report at the next check in. Sending thoughts, prayers and healing hugs!
:console2:. :praying:
 
Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts, prayers, and healing mojo hugs. ❤️

I’m just starting to come to grips with the impact this huge reduction in activity will mean. I’m going to give it my best.

Meanwhile I’ve been watching a lot of tennis! It’s a nice distraction. Now I’m trying to get my appetite back. I’m the opposite of those who use food as an emotional coping mechanism. Mine just quits. But today has been a bit better.
 
I was just catching up and sorry to see a set back of sorts. It's got to be frustrating, however workable with babying it a little longer. Take care. :friends:
 
Try hard not to get bummed to the point it affects your appetite, deer @ceezee.
Need calcium, vitamin C and D, and no better way than to get these nutrients from our diet.
You are going to heal and your food is your medicine.
Stress is awful on our immune system, so I'm sending all the healing vibes I can muster your way.
 
Today is much better and my appetite is slowly coming back.

The other thing I’m fighting is getting totally off of oxycodone which I really no longer need. I’ve been using it for 5 weeks and slowly reducing the dosage over several weeks and as of today I’m stopping. My bone fracture break is uncomfortable but not terrible. I’m taking one Celebrex in the morning and that helps. I’ve had no help with Tylenol so that’s out.

Tonight my sister in law and her husband came over with dinner. We (my husband) grilled the burgers she brought along with baked beans and a cucumber salad and dessert. I did pretty well. For lunch I had a lentil and kale soup plus a banana and an orange.

Tomorrow has nothing planned and I’m hoping to be able to sleep tonight. It’s been 20 hours since my last oxy and I only had two yesterday but I know dealing with withdrawal symptoms, even done slowly, takes some time.

And! I got up the stairs this afternoon, very carefully, and took a shower. My husband spotted me up the stairs and helped get the shower set up. It’s all very tricky. But...Wow, did that feel great!


Plugging along........
 
You are doing all you can do right now...glad to hear you are eating well.:)
I'm guessing anxiousness over this new revelation and also weaning off the oxy could wreak havoc on your appetite.:unsure:
Hope today is a good day.
We are rooting for you @ceezee :friends:
 
Last night trying to sleep was just horrible. It felt worse than the flu and I didn’t doze off until 4am. I hope that’s the worst of it.

This morning I got up at 7 and was hungry! My husband got up at 8 and made me coffee and melon with cottage cheese. I smelled his piece of toast and asked for one of those to go with my second cup of coffee. Hopefully I have turned a corner.

I had no trouble stopping the oxy with my first THR so it was unexpected to have trouble this time. But I stayed on it this time way longer. Never again more than 5 days post surgery.

Thanks again for all the support. It’s a tremendous help. :)
 
Aww ceezee,
I'm so sorry! I envision you tossing and turning all night, at least trying to, all the while feeling miserably ill.
I certainly hope this is the end of it too. It's encouraging you were hungry and even more so than you initially thought you were.

You're in my prayers today for all you're struggling with. I hope with rest, sleep and getting your strength and appetite back, there will be great healing this week and next and no further surgery will be necessary.
Wishing you comfort. :console2:
@ceezee
 
Hugs to you @ceezee I think you are a real trouper and admire your calmness and approach to your recovery.
I had several nights of sleeplessness, taking magnesium supplements at night helped, along with a Benadryl.
I began taking it because my arms were so itchy after the narcotics, darned if it didn't help me sleep.

Oh and drinking my Sleepytime tea at night. I love that stuff. Take care. One day at a time.. :flwrysmile:
 
I slept better last night. I think the oxy withdrawal is winding down nicely now. :fingersx: Sleep was also helped by moving back from the couch to the spare bedroom where I had more space to lay. The couch downstairs is kind of narrow. I’ve been taking the magnesium for a while now and it helps too. Benadryl is a good suggestion as it usually does make me sleepy.

Today I got out for the first time since I got told to baby my leg (I love that idea). We went to my nephews new place. He bought a condo and hasn’t moved in yet but it’s perfect for him. He travels at least 4 days a week!

The condo had a 8-10” step to get in, with no railing, and I had to use my husband to help me hop up on the good leg. For a while I thought I’d just have to go home. Quite the deal. I’m using a walker and I wonder if crutches would do a better job with this. It’s easy to go down steps and extremely difficult to go up. If anyone had ideas I’d appreciate them! I also had difficulty getting back into my house....more steps with no railing.

Nothing else planned for the week. I’m thinking of asking my Swedish neighbor to come over one morning or afternoon for fika. Fika is a traditional Swedish coffee break and since she retired we (used to) go together a few times a week somewhere and chat for an hour or so. She’s offered before to bring something for us to eat here to enjoy.

My appetite is greatly improved and I’ve started to take multivitamins.

With my incredible husband and the company of my two beautiful whippets, I’m not doing so shabby.
 
You sound so positive! Good for you! The Fika sounds marvelous.. we were moaning about the lack of railing on stairs, on another thread and now can't recall whose it was.
Keep up the good work, glad you slept.. I still have wonky nights. But fewer and further between. :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom