Status
Not open for further replies.
My ROM progress with my LTKR:

85- 1-3 weeks( home pt)
90- 4 weeks
95- 6 weeks
95- 7 weeks
100- 8 weeks
95- 9 weeks( swollen- kinesio tape started)
105-11 weeks( compression sleeve )
115- 12 weeks ( decreased swelling noted)

I just want to say thank you for all the kind words, the past on the backs and all the support that was given to me through this website. I don't know if my sanity would have held out without you all. I must bid a parting farewell until my next knee... I guess sometime next year. I hope to meet up with some of you then. Arrivederci ... Au revoir...Adios mis amigos.

Goodbye, and best wishes.
We'll miss you and we'll be here to support you with your next knee. :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

take care friend,,thanks for all your updates,,they have come in mighty handy for me

Anytime you need us we will be here :SUNsmile:. I have my RTKR the end of August so I will be here for awhile yet

How the heck does one manage to get off of a roller coaster before the ride is over? [emoji33]

Drop us a line once in a while!

I'll miss you. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, hi to all my old friends....i have been following each and every one of your threads closely....but I just had to hop on this coaster ride to tell you about my latest mishap. Took my son to the beach for a few days, and I must say, the knee did quite well- of course I wore my neoprene sleeve that looked so pretty with my one piece suit!! After watching my son frolic in the waves for the past two days, I just had to get into that ocean....it was calling me. I thought what harm would it be if I just went in knee high to feel the cool waves caress my body. Well, I got myself out of my chair ( with some difficulty I might add) and got down to ocean. The water was quite brisk and the waves a bit rough. I waded in about knee high feeling ever so proud of myself when all of a sudden a wave as big as my head weld up from the sea floor. It crashed over me...I lost my somewhat shaky balance, and down I went! Oh no...how am I going to get up? PT didn't go over this and my son is nowhere to be found. I had to play this off like I wanted to be flat out in the water as not to draw attention to myself. I tried to put my knee on the ocean floor to get myself boosted up when crash, another one came and dropped me down again. Oh my gosh...panic is setting in. All I could think of was that Asian man on you tube demonstrating how to get up off the floor after a tkr ...how did he do it, darn I can't think. Is my knee going to rust with all this salt water? Oh strange thoughts running through my head as I am drowning in two feet of water. All of a sudden, I tried again by putting my operated knee in a kneeling position- and before another wave hit, I was up! Oh get me back to my chair - I will never attempt this again. So, back to my chair I went...about thirty minutes later my son comes up and asks why I'm all wet? I told him it started raining...My crazy rollercoaster ride at the beach! That's enough beach for me this year..

Oh, no! I was having that problem before I got my new knee - could not keep my balance against the waves. Last time I went into rough surf I had my two strong sons on either side of me. But I hope to be able to train my new knee to weather the waves. Glad you made it out alive! I bet you were exhausted.

How does your knee feel now, @bluejuju ? I hope you have no bad after-effects from your mishap in the ocean.

Only my pride was injured that day @Celle..i made sure I iced all that night and the next day as well. I am so happy with my knee I wish I had done this year's ago.

Water is not to be trifled with. I'm glad only your pride suffered.

Isn't it nice when the new knee works for us when put to the test? :thumb:

So glad to hear you survived the surf! ;)

I decided I prefer viewing the ocean from afar than close up this year!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my old friends. Well, first day of snow here in Massachusetts and it is true, the surgeon replaced my old knee with a weather knee. I knew something was coming since my new knee never gives me grief....as a matter of fact, I never feel pain anymore. But yesterday it just felt heavy and stiff. I looked out the window this morning and Jack frost is in town! Looks like a couple of inches with some icing on top. My old knee is creaking like crazy...some days I want to book my surgery for the next day, but alas....I have to wait a full year to secure my job (Only 5 or 6 months left). I have been back to working my two jobs at 64 hrs a week since August and doing great. Only a few times I could notice swelling. The stiffness and numbness are still there, but no pain! A true miracle! I have been reading up on others...@tigz you sound great!@ momweb not so much...I am so sorry you are going through this...I do have faith that things will get better for you. @KansasTeacher you also had success with your TKR -so happy for you as well. @sabbath I hope things get better for you my friend. I think of you when I put my compression sleeve on my bad knee. Stay off those roofs!And a big Hello to all the others that sent me support during "me getting to know my new knee".
Well, happy New Years to all. You were all such a big aid in my recovery... I keep you all in my heart and prayers. Hope this new year brings good things to you all.
Juju

Hey m'friend, good to hear from you! That barometric pressure change is rather interesting isn't it?

These new parts take a bit to get used to, don't they? :)

I ache with the cold rain. Yesterday a cold front came through and all my limbs ached, but my thumb was the worst. :boohoo:

Hi @bluejuju good to hear from you. I'm doing ok. Just some crazy residue pain that won't go away. Thanks for keeping watch. I'm in good spirits and keep moving onward, so as long as I can get this stupid knee to do the same, we'll be just fine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties