TKR Bluejuju's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the tape still on? How long can you leave it on? Does it start peeling up? Will they retape you your next visit? I've never used the stuff.

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
You can leave the tape on for about three days, or if it starts to peel or irritate you, you can remove it. Mine is still on from Friday- it did decrease the sensitivity I had with my sheets while sleeping. I really believe the weather has a lot to do with my stiffness- rainy here all day.
 
Woke up today and every joint hurt- even my new knee was swollen. Called my OS and asked if I could start celebrex but they were reluctant due to all the cardiac issues. So, motrin, Tylenol and ice for the day. I took 800mg of motrin which did help. OS thought because it has been so humid here that the weather caused an arthritic flare up...man, I have never had that happen before- pretty painful... think i should move to Alaska!
 
Wore this new neoprene sleeve I found on Amazon and the swelling in my knee is definitely decreased! I felt like I was wearing a wet suit for when I took it off my knee was drenched. My knee feels so good today with no stiffness at all.... let's see how I do at PT. (Sleeve is called coreflex).
 
Put my compression sleeve on and went out and mowed the front yard.... probably should have waited till later in the afternoon, for it was a bit steamy out there at 87 degrees. Think I sweat off a few pounds! The knee did great, but now I can see it starting to swell a little..quick, throw me some ice!! Have to build up my endurance for work is in two weeks!
 
Going to do the back tomorrow? ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
@bluejuju thanks for the info on the compression sleeve,,will order one as soon as l get off here,,l have been using ace bandage like stocking with the foot cut off,,it helps,,yours sound like what l need,,thanks again,
 
A little swollen today, but not as bad as I thought it would be from mowing the lawn. I will definitely wear my compression sleeve today as I really think it helped me from becoming a member of the ODIC . Taking my son to the movies today should be relaxing in those comfy recliners that they have now... ( a small bribe so the back yard will get mowed!) 12weeks on Monday day!!!
 
You probably did a good job of taking care of the knee the rest of the day.

Enjoy the movie!
 
Has anyone walked on a beach this summer? Wondering how my new knee will do on the soft sand...Will have to find a tall sand chair as well... any tips?
 
I live on the beach in southern Florida on the gulf side with some of the best beaches in the world. Before my TKR it was hard to even get out of a chair. Just get one with arms and wear shoes for walking. Lots of people do it here. I think I live in the replacement capital of the country. Most who live here are 55+..
 
Last August's beach trip was the start of this previous surgeried knee's downfall - twisted the wrong way and it went downhill from there. I might just look at the ocean from afar! :D
 
The hotel is right on the beach...just going for a few days for some R&R. I don't think I will do lots of walking or schlepping stuff... leave that for the kids. Hear it is going to be super hot this week, so I am looking forward to a nice, cool ocean breeze. I just have to remember not to get sun on my scar, so i'll have one tan leg and the other white.
 
Please let me know how the beach trip went. I live across the street from one and long for my walks and looking for shells. I don't think I am ready yet.
 
12 weeks and hit 115/0 ROM!!! Never thought i would get there- didn't even hurt, either. PT had me balance on a balance board today... Also said I will be graduating after next week- no more visits- I'm kind of sad ( never thought I would say that)!! The turtle is finally close to the finish line, and she will keep on going!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom