TKR Bluejuju's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally bought a compression sleeve for my knee and I must say, it feels pretty good! When I took it off from wearing it all day, I did notice less swelling... I could actually see little ridges around my kneecap again- looking more and more like my other knee. I picked these up at bed bath and beyond for only $9.99-( saw the same sleeve on Amazon for $25). I plan on wearing them every day till my next PT visit on Wednesday to see if my ROM improves due to less swelling.
 
Very good to know!!!! Be sure to update after Wed!
 
@iivesfam5.... are you getting nervous? My gosh, time has flown by...your date is almost here...is it next Thursday??? We will be with you every step of the way!!
 
Just had a nice glass of burgundy before bed. Maybe that will put me in la la land. Someone asked about restless leg syndrome and a lot of people do believe that putting a bar of soap in their bed works.... hmm
 
Ok, so I'm still awake and restless leg has set in big time.... I must have talked it up. So, I put a bar of soap in my sheets and Badaboom ...gone!! I can't believe it... all those out they shaking their feet like crazy have to try this. There is something to be said about old wives tales- they know what their talking about.
 
Ok, so tonight I am going to try the saran wrap trick for sensitivity. This is my lucky day, for I went to a casino ( which I never do) put $2.00 in a slot machine and won $ 865!!! Needless to say I took my money and ran. Was in there for approximately 5 minutes! I am not a big fan of gambling, but I must say, I was today. Have a restful night everyone. @iivesfam5.... I'm thinking of you.. I know you must be getting nervous. Know you will be in our prayers for Thursday.
 
Whoa girl. This is your lucky day! Hopefully your luck will last right up past bedtime and you shall sleep like a baby!

Roxe
 
I wish I could've seen you running, @bluejuju :-). I believe luck is definitely on your side tonight!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Just looked down at my leg and it looks like a big pink worm is crawling up it.... oh, that's my scar :)
 
PT had me kneeling yesterday
I haven't been able to comfortably kneel on my knee at all since surgery! In fact... I don't know where I got the idea, but I didn't think I was supposed to kneel on it! Do they have you do this often?
 
I haven't even had the nerve to try kneeling @Dlekapj ! I have read that difference OS have their own ideas as to whether you should kneel or not. I haven't asked mine yet.

The top part of my scar looks like a worm too -- lovely! But I've been rubbing coconut oil into it and do think it's flattening out and maybe lightening up a bit. I had been using vitamin e oil but it seemed to be irritating my skin so I switched to coconut oil. Hopefully one day, we shall both have beautiful scars.

Roxie
 
I kneeled a few months ago, it was very weird and I'm not sure I'll do it again for a while. I should try kneeling in the sand because it's not as hard as the floor.
 
Had PT today and I can honestly say I felt less stiff and swollen- have been wearing the compression sleeves quite a bit, so maybe that had something to do with it. Now at 10 weeks and measured at 100 comfortably. I am moving like a turtle with my increase in ROM, but it is increasing. Was taught how to do wall stretches, so that is my homework for the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well and have a lovely weekend.
 
Yay. You may think the increase in ROM is slow but it is happening and it is moving in the right direction. You go girl!

Roxie
 
PT placed a piece of kinesiology tape right over my incision-said it will help with sensitivity which it has. I am snug in bed with the blankets on and I don't feel a thing. Yeah!! Now, if I could only fall asleep. Might be another movie marathon again tonight..
 
What a great simple solution! I hope it makes it possible for you to get some sleep tonight. Sweet dreams!

Roxie
 
Boy, today was a very swollen, stiff day.... even at 10 weeks this can happen! I did nothing but ice and elevate after doing a morning "wall walk". I guess PT on Friday was a bit much....did some weight presses of 65 lbs that really made me work hard, so now I am paying for it. I am sure I will be having a lot of days like today after I go back to work in three weeks. UGH!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom