PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

BJ, I have the iPad number 1 and managed to get the app with no problem. The thread on here is called 'App for measuring knee flexion' and was started by Mapmaker - you will find the link and information.
 
BJ, just catching up on your recovery. Sorry about your back and PT. Insurance really can do a number on us sometimes, can't they? But where would we be without it?

Pedeling for 7 minutes!!! YOU GO!!!!

It sounds like you are the type of person who can do your PT by yourself and will do a SUPER job of recovering. Patience is the key (I have to keep reminding myself of that sometimes - more often lately - guess cause I'm feeling better).

You were able to get your hair colored, etc in one sitting? When I had mine done, we split it up. Color one sitting - went home with wet hair and I dried it there and then a few days later back for a cut and style. That was about all I could handle at a time.

Keep up the good work and your positive attitude.:friends:
 
BJ- I was thinking you might use the app posted somewhere on here for measuring rom. BUT I was thinking this would be a good homeschool problem- I was actually thinking a protractor would do fine here! Any of your kids studying geometry? A fun and easy project!
Today is my day to feel bad- I whined abt it on my recovery thread (jancat's story).
 
We tried a protractor, and that didn't workout too well. I got the /iPad app Goniometer (by Jinfra). Love it as it gives me an idea about my progress.
 
Hi BJ

Just popped in to see how you're doing. I made appointments for the mani and pedi but decided to break it into 2 visits. I think 3 hours in the chair might be too much. I go next Tuesday...:dancy:

Hope your back is better and you are catching some good zzzzz's. AND that you are taking it easy on your self. My knee has finally beaten it in to me to take it slow and I now get it so we have found a happy medium, well, as long as I let it be the boss.........for now :th_heehee:

Anyway just wanted to see how you are doing...

Take care :friends:
 
Hi BJ

Just popped in to see how you're doing. I made appointments for the mani and pedi but decided to break it into 2 visits. I think 3 hours in the chair might be too much. I go next Tuesday...:dancy:

Hmm. If a mani and pedi is enough to cheer one up, perhaps I should schedule one.....
 
Hmm. If a mani and pedi is enough to cheer one up, perhaps I should schedule one.....

Somehow I just don't think that would do it for you...:scratch: BUTTT if it is, I seriously want to see the pictures, cause that will make me smile. :th_heehee:

I think you are gonna have to find yourself a different 'pick-me-up. Why don't you drop by and let us know what that is when you figure out what lifts your spirits?
 
Historian, if we're going to spend so much time lookin at our toes might as well make them pretty....:wink1:

I don't know about you Adnil, but I have to wear TED socks for the first 6 weeks:cry4:... so no toes hangin out unless I have those socks from the hospital with the hole in them for toes to stick out...

I still like the mani/pedi idea though. :yay: Treat yourself nice!!! :yes 4:
 
I'm confused......I was prescribed Percocet which I was under the impression is oxycodone or oxycontin(one in the same) and acetaminophen (tylenol). I see references to taking only oxycontin and than taking percocet. Are OS's prescribing straight oxycontin? I am 8 weeks postop and only take 1 oxycodone/325 acetaminophen daily. Sleep issue still exist however it is getting better each day. I was prescribed ambien to assist in the sleep...seems to help. bj, hope you continue on the path to wellness.:ccheers:
 
I'm confused......I was prescribed Percocet which I was under the impression is oxycodone or oxycontin(one in the same) and acetaminophen (tylenol). I see references to taking only oxycontin and than taking percocet. Are OS's prescribing straight oxycontin? I am 8 weeks postop and only take 1 oxycodone/325 acetaminophen daily. Sleep issue still exist however it is getting better each day. I was prescribed ambien to assist in the sleep...seems to help. bj, hope you continue on the path to wellness.:ccheers:

Hi Matt! I was on Oxycontin, it was a time released twice a day thing, for my first week and a half home. (I believe that it was straight oxycontin) I also was prescribed Percocet 5-325 which also says Oxycod/Apap 5/325 (1-2 pills every 4-6 hours) on the bottle for whatever that's worth. I had trouble sleeping for the first week after coming off of the Oxycontin, but am sleeping now much better. I am actually getting 5 hour blocks of sleep now at night. I am taking one percocet every 4-5 hours during the day and 2 before bedtime.

So, is the oxycodone 1 time a day enough for you at this point in your recovery? I sure hope that you get to sleeping better soon.
 
I have to have the ugliest feet in the history of the world: my toes are down-right unsightly.

Sorry not a recent photo, this is from the week following discharge, when my legs and feet were swollen. But how do I rate?
 


OK, OK! Please keep those toes covered Tim, :loll:
So, what kind of thing do you do for yourself for a pick me up?

I'm not Tim, but a good book, a good meal, and Bach or Mozart seem to help. I'm just getting back to the point I can concentrate on reading again.....
 
Historian, if we're going to spend so much time lookin at our toes might as well make them pretty....:wink1:

So is it decided we are all getting mani/pedi? All the guys on BoneSmart are going metrosexual as part of recovery. :hysterical:
 
OK Historian, If you guys are all going to do the mani/pedi THEN and only then do I want to see pics of those toes and fingers... :loll: Otherwise, No Thank-You!!! To the 'ugly feet' pics...

The good book, good meal, classical music all sound quite nice and comforting.
 
Back
Top Bottom