THR Bionicmedic made it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind. I found some older posts and that is who I am seeing on 12/9. Will see if super path or anterior will be the winner. Did you do pre op classes?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
The home health nurse freaked out! She was so scared because she saw it leaking a pinkish fluid. Drove all that way for them
To say it is perfect! Ahahahah, you were right!!!
 
@freakyfreak. Dr William Kurtz at Tennessee orthopedic alliance in nashville. He's a straight shooter no monkey business kind of guy! Did a great job!!
 
Took a half mile walk yesterday. Went shopping all day today. Felt good to get out, go to the mall and not hurt while doing so. Numbness in thigh is getting on my nerves and still having trouble putting on sock and shoe. Any suggestions?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bionicmedic made it!!
bionicmedic, what's needed here is PATIENCE (which we all seem to lack enough of). You are ONLY one month post op---it's going to take a bit longer to be able to do everything you want to do.


Consider how long it took your body to reach the point it needed a new hip. Why would it take less than a month to get back to where you want to be after major surgery? You may be feeling so much better in many ways than before the surgery---BUT your body is still healing and is not ready yet. It will get there, but in its own time and at its own pace. You can't rush it, so the best thing to do is take very keep breaths, relax, and roll with the slow flow of recovery.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
I simply just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how to put on your own sock and shoe after a month. Maybe a stretching technique has helped, maybe there is a different way to attempt it, etc. I won't ask any other questions and won't be posting or asking anything else. Thanks
 
I'm sorry you misinterpreted Judy's post and took offense at her comments. I assure you she only meant to soothe any worries you might have about how long recovery is taking.

You can always use a sock aid to help with putting on socks and shoes. But I imagine this problem is going to resolve itself in a few weeks anyway, so it may not be worth purchasing one now. How about having your kids do it for you? Maybe they would love helping Mommy out.
 
Thank you Jamie. I did take offense to it. Unfortunately that is the hard part of talking via words instead of with our voice. I have had a life time of dealing with my legs, bilateral hip surgeries at the age of 10. I simply wondered if anyone else had experienced the thigh numbing, which I am sure they did, how long it lasts and if there was secret to putting on my dern sock. I wasn't implying that I should be rapidly healed in a month. If that was the case, I would be up running after my two children ages 5 and 2, going to work 100 hours a week making the paycheck that we so desperately need! I wouldn't be worried to death about how the bills will get paid and Christmas presents will find their way to the tree. Most people don't want to be preached at, they want someone with tried and trued methods of making the simplest of tasks a little more bearable. Of course those that have been on this for many years have learned through others how to deal with certain things. Those of us who have never had a hip replacement look to those that have experience to help, not be so snide. I appreciate those that offer a reply that is useful as that is the kind of replys I try to give others. Thank you for your kindness Jamie and I will try the kid thing, they would probably like helping me:)
 
bionicmedic,
here is a quote from a post in my recovery thread at 3 weeks, regarding putting socks on:

"Today I learned I can put my socks on by myself without the aid! I sit on the edge of the bed, turn slightly to one side, and bring that leg up and bend it at the knee, and my foot is reachable without breaking my 90 degree precaution. So, now with that and the fact I slip into prettied sneakers, I can fully dress myself!!!!!!"
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bionicmedic made it!!
bionicmedic, I am so sorry that I offended you. It certainly was not my intent. I thought I was responding to your frustration with things moving along so slowly; and I did not mean to come across as preachy. Hope you will forgive me, and please do not leave the forum because of this. And I do really care about you and your recovery. Judy
 
I had pain and numbness on the inside of my thigh for some time after my THR. OS advised me that it would go away with time. Pain eased in the first 6 weeks or so,numbness took more time, but did go away eventually. Strangely from the bottom up. I assumed it was some type of nerve problem or maybe due to how I was positioned in surgery.

I used the same method mentioned above to get my sock on as I live alone and had no one to put it on for me but really only after about 6 weeks or so, before that I used the sock aid which was great and avoided creating any more pain.

In my recovery thread I did track when and how I was able to do various things. You may want to check it out.

Best wishes for the holiday season.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom