Guest viewing is limited

THR Bionicmedic made it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bionic. I had night sweats off and on for about the first 4 weeks, and then they started tapering off. I am not sure why. I really thought it was a hormonal thing until I read about other BoneSmarties having similar symptoms. I did not really have them during the day. Maybe someone else can chime in?
 
Hi bionicmedic, congratulations and welcome to the other side!!

Funny you should mention night sweats. I've had them for the past 2 nights but just assumed the temperature was just a bit too warm in the house. I'll be interested to see if any others stop by with their experiences, and will be watching to see how you're doing!

Karen
 
Home health ruse didn't have much of an explanation for me. She did however increase my Coumadin a tad. These dang ted hose are driving me bonkers. I did some light pt today and he was surprise at my strength. I am still using a walker for my own personal comfort. Gonna try to give it Up a little at a time. No rush! Feeling pretty good. No real pain, just a pulling sensation in the new area, other than that very tolerable. Easier than I made my self believe it would be. No bone to bone pain, just a surgery discomfort. Wishing those that are headed in much love and respect for your decision. It will be the best thing you have ever done. Each day is brighter and brighter. I'm only 4 days out and I can tell a huge difference.
 
bionicmedic... So thrilled for you that you're doing so nicely. I'll try to remember that in my anxious moments. I am so looking forward to that "huge difference." Be good to yourself & don't forget the mantra!!!
 
Don't get so comfy you forget to ice, elevate and medicate by the clock...It doesn't take very long to undo all the good, I learned that the hard way... Everyday will get better!!!!
 
Resting comfortably tonight. Felt very strong all day. Still not much of an appetite but eating enough I guess. Used murilax today and have had no resolve. Soooo.... Still no bm.... Hoping for some business to happen tomorrow. Night
 
Hi bionicmedic, check out the article I provided on the 'Healing Phases... Etc..' It explains the timeframes for the early days of recovery one wards...

Prunes, prunes and more prunes, green smoothies also if your appetite is a bit sluggish.. Both will help with the BM.. I also have a thread in the social room about smoothies :)
 
Incision cover comes off tomorrow, off coumadin and start Asa.
 
Home health didn't come today, so I assume they will be here tomorrow. Got a new script filled
FOr norco because a controlled med couldn't be called in. We will see how it works. Taking dressing off tomorrow, starting aspirin tonight so no more Coumadin. Pt tomorrow
 
Well BOO. I bet you were looking forward to taking a look. You might want to ask your doctor about tramadol or ultracet (tramadol/tylenol). It worked so much better for me than the Norco with pretty much no side effects. You can drive, go to work, and go about all your normal activities. It does not work for everyone though.
 
Incision Is uncovered. It is leaking fluid out of one of the little dimples. My husband thinks it's where it was stuck to the scab and pulled it a little.
 
bionicmedic So how does that sucker look? Can you even see it yourself? Do you look like Mrs. Frankenstein... LOL? Oops, sorry, scar isn't on your head! Anyway, hope you're doing ok. Hope the Norco works as you need it to. Re the BM, I do & have had that problem. When I was in rehab for my knee, the thing that really worked was a glass or two of cold water daily. I've started it again along with daily prune juice & VA-VOOM! Nuthin' like THAT feeling! Couple of stool softeners a day help, too. Good luck... feel well. Thinking if you.
 
Hi! Well I have to travel to Nashville tomorrow. Once only spot of the incision is draining and they are worried about it. It didn't ooze with the dressing on, then when I pulled it off a piece of glue came with it. Then it started oozing a pink tinged liquid. No fever, area isn't red or swollen. I posted a pic of it on the badge section of the forum. Don't know what to think at this point.:(
 
Hopefully it is fine. I think a lot of people have some drainage. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.
 
Try not to worry. I'm sure the incision is just fine. But you'll feel better once it's checked out and you get the good word. Are you still experiencing those sweats? That can be from the pain medication or just a byproduct of surgery. It is only temporary, so even if it's still going on, it will subside.
 
Hey!! Thank you all for the well wishes and words of encouragement. Made a quick 3 hour trip to nashville lol. Incision looks great, they did an x ray while there and said it was beautiful. Soooo, since all is well, I don't have to come back for a year unless trouble!! I got to cancel my follow up on dec 6 because it isn't necessary.
 
Great news!!! Time to celebrate!!! No dancing quite yet, though......
 
Great news! I thought your incision looked fine, but I am not a doctor so what do I know? LOL! Very happy all is well! I completely understand the worry though. I think infection is a big fear for many of us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom