Guest viewing is limited

THR Bionic Jaycey checking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad everything is going well!
I will pray for your kitty. It's so stressful when they aren't feeling well.
 
You are doing very well, and getting your walking down pat.
Stairs tomorrow it is.
I feel for you and your dear Jerry.
My sweet pups are my kids.
 
Praying for a swift and excellent recovery for both you and Jerry!
 
Glad to hear it went well for you! Take your time now and get plenty of rest x


I had THR on 15 September 2014. Had to have a bone graft due to protrusion into the pelvic bone. Also found out I have "soft bones" and therefore have small fractures on my femur due to operation.
 
Day 2 - Up and about on my own and I insisted on getting dressed in street clothes - not on for lying around. This hip is so different! Lots of muscle pain when I'm moving around. I am released to move on my own so roaming the halls. Had my x-ray and I look truly bionic! More stairs later.
 
@Jaycey ... how great to hear how well you are doing. Was this a different approach from your first hip op? It doesn't sound like the muscle pain is stopping you from moving around. And Log Leg has continued to be a no-show? Truly great. Take care.
 
@Peaches , I guess you could all me stubborn! Yes it's a different approach (lateral versus posterior). My surgeon also tried to even my leg length - so a bit of stretching. The good news is I am busting out of this place at 11:00am tommorow! :happydance:
 
@Jaycey hoooray for release tomorrow! I am imagining you sitting with each of the old dears on your ward snd reciting the Bonesmart mantra for them.

May we pleeeeease have a pic of the BS t-shirt you mentioned??? Pretty please with sugar on??? ;) :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Yes, I will get someone to take a photo. Don't have the technology here so will do from home tomorrow. I have already offered advice on the mantras and on LLD. Surgeon and physio also asked about BS. Spreading the word!
 
Great to hear you're going home, Jaycey. I knew you would be outta there by hook or crook on Friday....:heehee:!
 
@Jaycey , Hi, i've been watching your progress and sounds like you got it handled. I hope your kitty gets better. You have such good Karma because of your help on this forum. I thank you and get better each day.
 
@Jacey. I had exactly the same procedure and leg lengthening issues. Having even legs is now wonderful but really threw my gait off at first. Muscles in my leg did a lot of screaming. I didn't realize this as the problem til a PT explained it in four weeks. Did a lot of walking in a pool to work out the gait as soon I was cleared to get into a pool at six weeks.

So sorry about your cats. Losing an animal is a killer.
 
Jaycey sounds like you're pushing yourself to really get going!! Just hope you don't get much payback and that the extra moving around actually helps those stretched muscles from trying to tighten back up too much. Keep the ice flowing!! Hugs to you and to Jerry and hope he feels better soon. Little people bury themselves right in our hearts...:kittykiss:
 
Best wishes for your discharge! You and your kitty will be able to recover together. :kittykiss:
 
I so agree with everyone else please do go slow. Jerry will be so glad when he can lay with you and feel your, both will get better quicker. Take care. Tashia
 
Glad you will be getting home soon @Jaycey..... Looking forward to seeing the BS T Shirt too...hope you find Jerry much improved..... Now, don't overdo the walking... You know the BS Mantra sooo well. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Jaycey- one of the muskateers x4. Sounds like things are going well for you. I have to say that I'm worried about your baby kitty. My Carson is by my side "taking care "of Momma when Daddy steps out to check on work. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your precious baby.
 
I am home after a struggle to get it all organised. They say 11:00 but it depends on who is on their coffee break at the time. :hissy:

The situation with Jerry is very bad. He is obviously in pain, not eating and nauseous. Waiting for the vet to call. Prayers needed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom