THR Bionic Jaycey checking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing my sunshine with you this morning from my spot on the beach!
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1412437925.040507.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Jaycey,
You are making progress, one cane already! Hope Jerry is improving.

cheer up 17.jpg
@Jaycey, Hope recovery road gets smoother and smoother for you.

And here's a card for Jerry---
sick kitty 2.jpg

Take care of yourself while you take care of Jerry and keep us posted. We care.

@Jaycey , I blink and next thing I know you are home. So happy to hear that, and that this time around it went so much better for you. But really am very sorry about Jerry. And yet here you are, posting on the forum and helping others. You are a real treasure, Jaycey. Please take it easy and know we are all pulling for you.

You are a marvel @Jaycey and no mistake!!! Glad you were able to do the washing/dressing it...must agree after the ablutions I was zonked!! Glad the pain easing too.......!
Do hope that you get Jerry to eat..what a worry ..bless him. The sure know when to grab your attention xxxx

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

:happydance:Good Morning Jaycee! Hope you have a wonderful weekend... you and that new hip of yours! Hey , know what??? It is my 14 month anniversary since my BTKR surgery June 4, 2013! I totally forgot until Diana my knee partner in crime-- reminded me on my thread. It Must mean I have come full circle Ya think?
Your hippy buddy in crime Joan:SUNsmile:

I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing so soon after surgery @Jaycey ! All the best to you and Jerry xxxx

Just catching up on your thread today. Please talk good care of yourself, you are such a kind, supportive voice for others!
I am so, so sorry to hear about Jerry. Our fur-babies are truly our greatest joy, and seeing them suffer is heartbreaking. Although I have a sweet doggie now, I was always a cat woman - in fact, the first photo ever taken of me (we were a poor country family without a camera) was taken when I was 3, holding a giant tomcat in my arms. I know you have given Jerry a wonderful life full of love & purrs.
Hugs to you.
Mary

@Jaycey lol I always did my morning face wash/teeth brush, but I have showered st night all my life, so you can imagine how that went lol.

Tuna in oil... liverwurst...chicken, fresh fish, organ meats?, raw egg yolk beaten with milk and oil...can you get a vet product called (here) Nutrical? It is goop in a tube, fats and sugars and vitamins, strongly tasty. One of my cats is hyperthyroid, impossible to pill, so we get these flavored paste things for her medication which she doesn't like, have to mush them up in something I hope she'll like and pray, twice a day. There is No Way to outwit a cat... I hope Jerry is more amenable to suggestion!
@beachgal may we have a holiday at your house please?? ;)

My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!

@beachgal your ray of sunshine is much appreciated! It has turned very cold here - doesn't make all this any easier.

Thanks to all of you for your very kind posts. I am here because I truly believe this forum is a tool for recovery. I am still so very concerned about all my fellow patients at the hospital who had little or no instruction on how to cope with the day to day issues of recovery. A booklet with (unnecessary) exercises and admonishment about violating the 90 degree restriction - so uplifting and encouraging (NOT!). I wondering how the 91 year old is coping. Her family have no idea how to help her and she is stubbornly independent - a recipe for dislocation. Of course I suggested BoneSmart - but will she remember?

Day 5 - sleep was not good as we are still dealing with Jerry not eating. I am very stiff this AM due to swelling - probably moving around more than the new hip likes. Desperately trying to get into a routine but already getting frustrated with dropping things and needing to constantly balance the cane somewhere. Thank goodness I long go learned the golfer's reach (after spinal surgery). It's already bailed me out more than once.

@zauberflöte my partner is on his way to the grocery store with a list for Jerry. Thanks for the suggestions. The only thing Jerry will eat right now is cat grass - unfortunately not a balanced diet and could make the vomiting start again. For now just keeping him warm and as comfortable as possible. Force feeding Jerry is just not an option. He gets very depressed. I am trying not to think too far ahead right now.

Good Sunday Morning Jaycee! Sorry to hear Jerry is still not eating... I think it bothers us the pet parents more than it hurts them... to see our beloved pet not feeling well. As I posted earlier, I went through the whole thing with my 19 year old kitty years ago.... nothing is harder. ((hugs)):console2: to you. I am most stiff in the morning first thing as well... it improves as I move about. Thank goodness for the pain meds! Thinking of you. Joan:SUNsmile:

Sadly we made the decision to say goodbye to Jerry today. He had not eaten anything since Thursday. Legs were becoming weak, he was loosing weight and control of his bladder and looking very miserable. Most of all, I did not want his last day on earth to be in a cage at the vet on a drip. The only option for him was more hospitalisation. Then there were no guarantees as he really went downhill very quickly. My vet let us do this on a Sunday when all was quiet and Jerry passed peacefully.

6 months ago we said goodbye to Jerry's brother Ben. But we had literally months to come to terms with his pending death. I said goodbye to Jerry on the day I went in for surgery (Tuesday). It was a habit - always telling him that I would be back soon. His health crashed that evening and now he is gone. My heart is broken!

Oh Jaycee.... I am so so sorry for your loss of sweet Jerry.... wish I could give you a hug.... he is at the rainbow bridge now. This poem always gives me such blessings and peace when I read it after losing a beloved pet: I hope it gives you some peace... love Joan:SUNsmile:

amedia_cache_ec0.pinimg.com_736x_d2_29_c0_d229c0ef928ad09f8b78e412fd5b8f83.jpg

Jaycey,
I am sad to hear of the news about Jerry, sending you thoughts and prayers, :console2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back