Guest viewing is limited

THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jo @Josephine I will only be walking as needed today and for the next week I reckon and yes walking is the best exercise and I will be giving it the best chance! Only getting up now when I am feeling I am stiffening up and walking 5-10 paces.
Sticking to my med regime and no I was not told there is a stitch to be removed. I was told the dressing is to be changed in three days then that one removed in three days and that's it.
 
Well in that case, I think you may just be seeing a bit of scab, that's all.
 
@fulafoto hey Bill, Congratulations its done!!! Heres to a very uneventful recovery. You handled your wait better thab I could have and now you finally can begin recovering your mobility. :thumb::yahoo:
 
@JoeL Thanks so much Joe! Yes now to get my life back and you know I really, really appreciate the ability to walk again much more than I thought I would - it feels so good!
 
Good to hear you are ok Bill, wish you a speedy recovery. I am on day 11 and doing well.
 
Fantastic news from Jo about the scar...I agree. It could be the internal stitch showing through too. Even though it's glued there are stitches beneath the skin very close actually. One of my threads poked through and my sister just trimmed it.

Great your seeing Dr on Monday and she can confirm it's ok. You are doing so well. And it's normal for the leg to be swollen!!!!

Take it easy today

Xxx
 
@fulafoto lots of icing and elevating will help get that swelling under control.
 
@fulafoto, your posts make me smile! So happy for you! Be kind to yourself and recover slowly but deliberately. You got this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @Mikeb, Sally @Vetgirl, @muckingabout, @Jaycey and @beachgal for your kind comments. Feeling really great with next to no pain. Sitting on my recliner icing and elevating. The main discomfort I have at the moment is severe stiffness in the thigh around the incision when getting up and the tightness around the thigh is like a really tight compression bandage so in reality I have nothing at all to complain about.
Rest, ice and elevation will get right on top of all this I know
I know I was told and I did believe it but the experience of actually not having that horrid pain is so uplifting.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good deal Bill, you really are on your way...I had one night of big sweats shortly after my surgery, either from all the meds or just my body trying to sort out what it was being put through.
Will be raising a glass in your honor tonight!
Cheers!
 
So glad you made it to the other side, Bill!!!!! You are doing great. It will get better each and every day! :)
 
Hey Bill glad to See That you're out of thé hospital and in Good spirits! I'm still in thé hospital and I'm 2 days post-op. Had to have à transfusion because of excessive bleeding. Big Hug !


Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Dieter @Dieter and I truly hope that glass you had for me went down really well. A few more weeks before I can take one but looking forward to it already
Thanks you @younghippie yes I am feeling very positive about it all :)
Oh Gabrielle @GabsJL so pleased your OK. I was worried about you and you take as long as you need to get out of hospital - remember if they keep you it is for your own best interests.
Thanks so much @psychteach as well. Yes all is going so well and another milestone this morning - I moved my bowels which felt so good!
And dare I say I have been walking the odd step with only one crutch! Just lift the left one off the ground and have a bit of a chuckle to myself thinking - look what I can do!!!!
Having said all that I am very mindful of overdoing it and my DW has me on an extremely short leash. Today will be a shower which I put off from yesterday but really really want it today.
 
Only one crutch at times, oh you!
Glad you are doing so well, Bill; you deserve it.
And, aren't we lucky to have found this great site, and all the nice folks working it and participating in it as fellow hippies.
:friends:
 
Wow Bill......you ARE doing well. Bowel movements....using one crutch! Yay! Just think only one week ago you were heading Into surgery. Glad your DW has you on a short leash ...otherwise what would you be up to? I've had a couple of whiskys for you too Bill...just has to be done...had a wee Dalwhinnie last night & a Glenmorangie the night before ( am I whetting your appetite?)...won't be long until you can indulge again. Keep up the good work..Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom