Guest viewing is limited

THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fulafoto / Bill, another fan of yours here, waiting to see you on the other side! Much as your "panic stations" thread title endeared me to you every time I saw it, I love seeing your new thread's title. You have had a long haul, but that part is all behind you now. You've been such a lovely presence here. Am glad your turn has come. Take care.
 
Best wishes, Bill, for your great recovery. Finally :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope all is well Bill! Your international BoneSmart family is with you in spirit!
 
7 PM Australian EST - I have spoken with Bill.

He didn't go to the OR until 1 PM.

He is back from recovery and in the surgical ward.

He said he is in considerable pain, but they are starting to get it under control.

He asked me to post on his behalf - I gave him our collective love.

@fulafoto is now an official hippy..
 
Thank you for the update! Hugs and prayers to you Bill!
 
Yay Bill....hope they get this pain under control soon

Welcome to the other side

Xxx
 
Well done @ Poppet.............Gosh..it's been a long haul Bill...but finally you join us hippie folk.......once they get that pain under control (and they will) you will be so relieved to get rid of that constant awful bone on bone pain....remember though...slow & steady through this recovery or we will all be here to scold you! Hoping the next update will see you up and about. Thinking of you...Chrissie xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@fulafoto @Poppet yay Bill! They will get/have gotten the pain under control now. Thanks Poppet for being liaison!
Welcome Bill to official hippydom!!!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Welcome to the other side Bill. The road can be a bit bumpy at first. Easy does it - life gets better from this day forward!
 
Hope you are now feeling better! Eagerly awaiting your first recovery post. I'm in my hospital bed now, surgery tomorrow at 8am !! Big Hug!


Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone....I got this text from Bill @fulafoto

Spoke to surgeon this morning. They made both legs equal length and I can bare full weight. Went for a walk on a walker this morning around the whole floor. Physio said I did great. Only pain is from the incision. Had a shower and my blood pressure dropped through the floor (88/54) an I nearly ended up in intensive care. They're checking my hemoglobin an I may have to have a transfusion. New BP check up to 125/80 so that is good. Going for xray now

Fantastic news about the leg length and I'm sure they will get the BP under control too.

Yay Bill!!!
 
Hi everyone and thanks so much for your support and especially Sally @Vetgirl and @ poppet for keeping everyone updated. I am sitting here watching TV while icing. I really cannot believe how good I feel and especially the hip. I am now getting around on underarm crutches after just one 'lap' of the ward on the walker. I guess with all my experience with them I should be good. The great thing is that I am making a heel strike when putting my left leg down and I am taking up to about 70-80% of weight on the leg. The physio said I have good gait but concentrate on it and suggested ice is great ( where gave I heard that before) she has also given me some exercises to do and she warned me that tomorrow will more than likely be harder than today.
Thanks again everyone for your support and I want to catch up with my hippie buddies before hitting the hay


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh YAY!!! Bill @fulafoto So good to hear from you:) One long journey has come to an end and another very exciting and rewarding journey has begun - enjoy:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom