Bilateral THR bilateral THR on 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long now! So sorry you have to suffer without pain meds. Are you allowed to take Tylenol? You will soon realise this is the hard part of this process. Hope the time flies for you!
 
Hi @jettaboi73
I just now spotted your pre op thread and wanted to wish you the best of luck on your surgery day!
Glad to hear that you aren't too anxious.. my date is fast approaching, too.
I look forward to reading your recovery thread.
 
I keep hearing they will not do bilateral hip replacements.Are you in the US?I know my left is bad but my right is not much better.I just had my left knee replaced and when there was a lot of clicking going on they discovered my left hip was bad .I know my right is not good either.I just feel like Im going to hurt like this forever .Id rather just get it over with


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Healer01 - Who is telling you "they" won't do bilaterals? Is a surgeon saying this? If so then keep looking! While some surgeons don't do them there are many other surgeons who do do bilaterals! If you have two bad hips, IMO, getting both done at once is really the very best way to go. Check with your insurance to find out if they know of surgeons in your area who do these procedures. Ask around. Call orthopedic surgeons' offices and ask! No you do not have to hurt forever!!!!! Our admin/Mother Hen, Josephine, once quipped that some surgeons won't do BTHRs because it's too much hard work. My cynicism says it might be because insurance does not pay as much .... what ever the reason .... KEEP LOOKING. If you have not done so yet, look over on the recovery side ... there are 5-6 BTHR threads active right now - and there are a lot of other ones here at BoneSmart - click on any green Bilateral tag and you will get a whole list of all BTHRs :) Feel free to read any or all of them.

@jettaboi73 - I wish you the very best for your upcoming surgery! Be sure to let us know how you are doing once you can after the surgery.
 
@jettaboi73 good luck on the final countdown, soon be on the other side.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] bilateral THR on 9/11
on your surgery tomorrow, @jettaboi73! Once healing takes place, there will be no stopping you! Be looking for your first post on the "other side".
 
God bless and good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll be VERY happy once you're two-thirds of the way through this surgery and on your way to a wonderful pain free life! :-)
 
@jettaboi73 Fantastic news and congrats on reaching the other side of the journey. Rest up well and I hope the next few days go smoothly for you.

Good luck and have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
First morning post p..
Cannot remember the last good $leep o had . Not really any pain but more stiff..
 
Congrats on making it to the other side and so happy to hear you are feeling amazing! Stiffness is very common and you will feel like your legs are loaded with lead for the first few days. Oh wait! They are! My bad! Anyway, have a speedy and great recovery.
:welome:
 
Brilliant news, safe journey on the way home and I look forward to hearing how well the recovery goes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey guys
Just got home settled in my recliner, iced and legs elevated no pain meds since 1:15 and feeling pretty good. My issue is going to be not over doing it...lol.
First pt tom9rrow at home..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom