Bilateral THR bilateral THR on 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi @jettaboi73
Ooooh! you are having a good recovery so far... thank you for posting your updates.. the closer I get to my surgery date the more I enjoy everybody's posts on their progress and what causes the "bad" days.
Take care!
 
Wow, one oxy a day I can't even imagine! I'm two weeks post op tomorrow for just a LTHR and I still take 5 mg every 4 hours. If needed, I take another since I'm prescribed for 2 every 4 to 6 hours. Today was the first day that I went a bit over 4 hours for a dose and was OK...it gave me encouragement that eventually I'll be able to go 5, then 6 hours and then reduce to 2x a day and then just one at bedtime :dancy: and I'll be celebrating that day. On thing I've learned here is not to undermedicate.

I had a bout of constipaton issues around day 5 and 6 I think it was.....I had been taking the hospital prescribed Senna/stool softener 2x a day, eating a few prunes and drinking a can of prune juice but had to eventually drink a bottle of magnesium citrate prescribed by my hospital pharmacist which kick-started me. I couldn't eat greens because I was on Coumadin at that point and couldn't have the additional Vitamin K in the greens. From then on I've been continuing the regimin and using miralax powder every day.
Congrats on your awesome progress and recovery so far you're doing great!:wowspring:
 
Hi guys
Woke up this morning slept with ice pacs feels somewhat less swollen and no pain tookbpain meds last light . feels like this is gonna be a good day.. shoukd have an at home pt visit today. Aa bad as i hate to admit it im ready to go back to work ... and also had the first bm last night...lol now i know what it feels like to have a baby..lol
 
Yes, the dreaded delivery of that first baby! I had a twins! But, the good news is, now that things have started rolling, you shouldn't have any more problems in that area. Glad to hear the icing helped last night. Have a great day @jettaboi73!
 
Congratulations @jettaboi73 - that's one hurdle out of the way at least

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Whew, that IS a relief. Glad you got that out of the way. I'm sure you'll be feeling even better now.
 
@PegGene, for what it's worth...you DO seem to be progressing, even if you don't know it. I just read all of your threads since surgery and it seems to me, from what you have written, that you are coming along as each day passes! Just wanted to offer you that bit of encouragement today. Take it easy on yourself and enjoy the drugs :)
 
Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone. U all have been an insperation and i so enjoy hearing from you all. And to the ones of you that have surgery coming up, it will be over before you know it. Then start the benefits of a pain free life... just remember WE GOT THIS !
 
Had my second home PT today.. therapist cant believe how well im doing.. just continuing the meds, icing and elevating.. wants to get me on a stationary bike next week.. yayyyy cant wait...
 
Sounding better all the time, keep the slow and steady progress going and you'll soon be dancing down the street.

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jettaboi73, I just found your thread. Glad to hear you are doing so well. I felt like I had a baby with the post surgery constipation, too. Pears are also good. (and they're in season.) It's nice to have the worry behind you, and to just focus on the PT and recovery. Congratulations!
 
Hey guys
Not feeling it today.. could not sleep last night.. feel swollen and sluggish today.. i guess after sooo many good days its time to have a bad day..lol
And also feeling kinda depressed today, not sure why, could be cabin fever getting to me. I think im just so ready for this recouperation to be done with and get back to my normal daily life.. my hips and legs just seem to ache today. .
 
I think that's normal. Is the aching in the muscles around the joint, or in the joint? My hip flexors and glutes ache at times. It's usually after I've been sitting. I think it's all part of the healing process. The icing and elevation helps me. Sometimes I have to take something for the pain, too. You'll get there...
 
@Hip Hip Hooray!
Just checking in to see how you are doing ? Being a professional dancer i cannot even imagine how much pain you were in before surgery... your post have been a complete inspiration to me and the words of encouragement from everyone here is some of the most beneficial and yes caring of warmth, compassion and yes love. I feel as if ive made a completely new set of friends and i treasure you all very deeply...
 
@AndyH99
Hey Andy, just checkin in to see how u are doing ? I finally feel like i got my mojo back.. my name is Danny by the way..
Take care and keep up the great recovery
 
Hi @jettaboi73,

I understand the blues and the cabin fever, sadly it's a stage that a lot of us have to fight our way through during our recoveries. Not an easy point, but the good news is that it will pass; keep talking to people, both on here and on a personal basis. Sharing and letting it out can help and in many circumstances is quite cathartic. Mine helped when I read them again a day or two after I originally posted mine as it helped me think and work through how and why I was feeling blue. Also the lack of sleep doesn't help, my advice to anyone who hits that stage is to throw away the clock and let your body control when it wants to sleep, irrespective of day or night. It's a bit weird to start with but it really helped me cope and not feel so lousy.
How's the other aspects of the recovery coming along? Is your mobility improving, pain reducing, swelling & bruising going down?

Have a great recovery day




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
@AndyH99
Hey Andy
Thanks so much for the encouriging words.. The blues seem to have passed and the swelling is going down and luckily i had no bruising.. was able to walk down the driveway and back yesterday without my cane . Im feeling stronger everyday and (say a prayer) i get the bandages off today...lol Honestly man i feel 30 yrs ynger than before my surgery.. My therapist said she is working with a 39 yr old man 5 weeks post op and is still taking pain meds every 4 hrs and still on his walker....im 11 days out down to one pain pill at night and walking some without my cane , so im feeling pretty lucky... But to be honest you and everyone on here has been a god send... its you guys that know how i feel and what im going thru.. just want you all to know i feel like ive made a great new bunch of friends ..
 
Congratulations on an incredible start to your recovery! Everyone is different but there are so many threads of similarities that you will find support here for whatever you need. For awhile I had an activity day and a rest day and that helped me find the place where I could push myself but not too hard. Gradually the rest time needed gets shorter. Aside from being impatient, I think my biggest struggle was emotions. I posted on this site many times in the middle of the night :cry: and always got the support needed. Read the post-op blues article that Jaycey posted. It helps. Best to you and keep posting!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom