Bilateral THR bilateral THR on 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
Did alot of walking around yesterday without my cane and boy im feeling it today.. may have kinda overdid it a bit...
 
A good time to make a cup of tea, read a good book, listen to how quiet it is outside, catch part of a B movie and all manner of wonderful time wasting things you might not do in normal waking hours.

This is the bit I was on about when I mentioned throwing away the clock for a while when taking a nap. It should go back to normal by itself eventually. Sadly still waiting for mine to reset.

Enjoy your time talking to the fairies before the sun rises.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Hey guys
Physical Therapist said i may have over did it yesterday..lol Back to thr ice packs and elevation ...did get the bandages off and the incisions are longer than i thought. But have a great day everyone..
 
Easy does it! All that activity may be causing this sleep issue. Scale back a bit, ice, elevate and try again another day. Still early days for you @jettaboi73
 
@Chrickethip
You are such a sweet person and i have really enjoyed reading your post... have you had your surgery sorry pain meds havent worn off as of yet.. lol
If not the very best of luck and sending prayers and good thoughts your way...

Danny

hi @jettaboi73 and good morning! I thought I would answer your question on your own page!! I am glad that you like my posts, it's funny, I think my posts aren't so great most of the time so it's nice to hear.
I had my surgery 10 days after you! I now understand the living in a fog due to narcotics, very well. Some days I am lucky to form one or two lucid thoughts on here.
So, you are feeling petty decent and frolicked too much? :happydance:
I fear that will be the most difficult part of the post op time.
I hope you can take a step back and get the pain and sleep patterns back under control. :)
 
Good morning all
Havent posted in a few days .. How is everyone doing. Ive had a few restless nights and this swelling is driving me crazy.. i ice and elevate but its driving me insane.... have a great day..
 
Hello all
My first day venturing out to wal mart i must say a lil more tiring than i expected, but not alot of pain... still a bit swollen so icing and elevating as we speak.. nasty and rainy here so good relaxation weather... great recoverery day guys..
 
Ah yes, the old Energy drain for THRs It's real and you just can't fight it. Plan a rest day after an active day. Soon the rest days will get shorter!
 
Hello All
Great day today ! Ive walked the last 2 days unaided . I also had my last physical therapy session today.. i feel like i am actually 20 yrs ynger . Only pain im having is a lil tenderness around my incisions. This is by NO MEANS my last post as i have become very fond of everyone here .. i consider u all more than just a post on a message board but a group of new friends . I say we all share something speacial as we have all gone thru or are fixing to go thru this process together. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement and support. If anyone of you needs anything even a word of encouragement im just a post away....
 
Great update @jettaboi73 ! Still lots of healing to do but sounds like you are really progressing well!
 
Hey guys
First appt with my surgeon on wedsday.. i feel fantastic . I hope everyone is doing well ..
 
Hi guys
Had my first post op appt with my surgeon yesterday and he has released me back to work on 10/19.... i feel 20yrs ynger. I got out and walked almost a mile yesterday.. i cant put into words how much i appreciate everyones well wishes, words of encouragement it has meant the world to me. Everyone here has been a true inspiration and i wish you all nothing but the best...
 
Congratulations @jettaboi73! I know what you mean. I just had my post op appt. on Monday, and I told my surgeon that I feel thirty years younger. It's such a relief! He told me that I won't even feel the the new hips pretty soon. There's still some more bone and muscle growth to do.

Glad to hear you were cleared to return to work. It sounds like your life is getting back to normal.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you soooo much. The only complaint i have is im still numb around the incision site and it drives me crazy...lol im sooo glad u are doing well .
 
hi everyone,
Its been awhile since I posted ... Been back at work almost a month... I feel amazing, no pain , I can actually get dressed for work in under 30 mins now since I don't have to figure out how to twist to get my socks on.. lol..
the numbness around the incisicions is beginning to go away an my life is getting back to nomal ..
 
Great update @jettaboi73 ! So glad you are seeing the benefits of this fantastic surgery. Long may it continue!
 
Hi @jettaboi73

I had my 2nd hip replacement the day after you on the 12th but I must say you are doing extremely well. My first op in 2013 was a breeze and I was almost back to normal after 8 weeks, could walk 6 flights of stairs and cycle for 30 mins. However this replacement isn't going as well and i still have pain and limp at 9 weeks now and am feeling the blues as I'm expecting it to be like last time.

I also incision numbness and a tight feeling in my upper thigh when I walk, also when sitting for long periods I find that those first few steps are painful when getting up.

I can't believe how quickly your recovery is going, well done and wow! how soon you went back to work - keep well and take care.

I just want to get better soonest so I can start riding again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom