Guest viewing is limited

THR Bilateral changed to Single

The dr who did the D&C had never heard of any correlation between post menopausal bleeding and cortisone injections.
Neither have I! And I think your second event was just happenstance. No connection whatsoever.
 
@Lea61 I’ve graduated to using a cane but physical therapist and dr office want me to still use walker when going out somewhere. I just came back with having lunch with a friend and used the walker per orders. The walker was necessary pre-surgery since June and I hated using it but it allowed me to continue to work. I’m trying to be patient and be happy for all those little victories of things that weren’t possible 1 week ago. Slow and steady is my mantra. We’ll get there eventually!
 
@Josephine ... It very well may be happenstance, but it still remains very questionable in my mind. Having it occur two times, and both times within ten days of a cortisone injection leads me to believe that a connection does exist. And although the Dr who performed the hysteroscopy and curettage admittedly had never heard of any correlation, my Gynea immediately made such a connection upon hearing that I recently had a cortisone injection.

I had searched for information and I found an article from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 209 (3) June 2013 ..... here is an excerpt: "An association between steroid injection and subsequent abnormal vaginal bleeding has been suspected clinically, but evidence has been limited to anecdotal reports."

I think the jury may still be out on this one . Lol
 
Hey, if it happened to you...you could be one of the anecdotal "lucky ones":)
Hope all is going well with your recovery.
This recovery business can be tedious...but what a payoff!
Hope today is a Good Day.:SUNsmile:
 
Obviously I'm no medical expert but I'm with you @Lea61
It would be hard convincing me there wasn't a connection also. It's too random and odd!
Looks like you found an interesting excerpt from the AJOG.
Hope things get back to normal soon.
Have a great week!
 
Hi, there @Lea61, hope your weekend was good and you're waking up to stretch with a smile on your face this morning as you contemplate a new day, another step forward on your recovery journey. Anything fun planned for the day, or just another day milling about? Sometimes those "milling about" days are very satisfying--I'm thinking of having one of those myself today. I might even bake some bread today. I have a super simple recipe (4 ingredients, no kneading) which generally produces a nice crusty loaf with a soft interior. I know I should wait until it cools before cutting into it, but nothing like HOT bread smeared with an unconscionable amount of melting butter. Mouth is watering just thinking about this--homemade bread is definitely one of my pleasures in life. Happy Monday, and hope all's going well. Cheers!
 
@Barbaraj .... Nothing like answering your "good morning" with a " good night" ! You asked if I had anything fun planned today .well ....simply put... No, not exactly. Today's agenda was going upstairs and taking a shower! LoL. The last time I did that was on Friday, and I felt that it set me back for two days. I stayed away from the stairs all weekend and kind of dreaded trying them today, but to my surprise, I didn't struggle as much going up and I didn't need to take that break as soon as I got to the landing... I just kept on going (the little things that make us happy now)!
Today did bring some swelling, which up until now, I really did not have ( except a little around the incision).
I noticed that my entire thigh is swollen, compared to the other and I have swelling behind my knee, and that area hurts. I know....Ice , Ice and Ice...And I am . My icing also includes sitting on an ice pack which tells you the other area which is giving me pain (literally) LoL ! So that was my fun day. But I had a change in scenery; I ventured upstairs around 1 pm and with the breaks and rests, and even a nap in hubby's recliner, I didn't go back downstairs until 6:30 pm. I felt like I had gone out for the afternoon LoL.
Your bread sounds delicious... You'll have to send me your recipe. I find baking bread intimating with the process of kneading and rising dough (!) I had started making banana bread(also an easy recipe) because we always have ripened bananas that I hate throwing out.
I hope you enjoyed your bread..it sounds so good. Ever turn some into garlic bread ?
Have a "Good Night":sleep:
 
Hey, @Lea61, happy to send you my recipe if you really want it and aren't just being nice! If you'd like, I can send you a PM as I think putting it down in a post might be a bit long and I don't want to detract from all the good hip talk that we're supposed to be focusing on in this forum. So, just let me know! :yes:
 
@Lea61 I found that I had swelling on day four, and with multiple ice packs everywhere, got it under control!

Great that the stairs were better today and that you had a change of scene! Wishing you another improved day tomorrow....it is the little things that put a smile on our face!

:flwrysmile:
 
@Barbaraj .... Yes, I would love your recipe. Super fresh bread that is still warm ... Who could resist that ? I can hardly believe it is only 4 ingredients! Thanks so much .... :friends:
 
Hi @Alitm ... How are you ? I remembered asking you about swelling and that it started for you on day 4. The nurse had told me early on that I had some minor swelling at the incision site. I didn't think I would start swelling in other areas after reaching Day 14. :nah:
I can't help but feel a little disappointed that by the time I actually start feeling better and more like myself, I will be doing this all over again. :hairpulling: How are you handling those thoughts ( not that we have a choice in the matter) :xmark:
Hope all is going well with you ....
 
@Lea61 I am sorry you are having swelling now. My OS said I could have swelling up until about 12 weeks post op. I'm not sure what might set it off to be honest. I still have minor swelling around the actual incision site, although not red or angry, and the incision looks good. I have been quite physically active the last two days, upping my walking outside (before the weather changes this week) and a few other activities like last minute tidying the garden etc. I have felt the need to ice my upper thigh and knee, as well as the actual hip to support the extra walking.

I was just thinking today, wouldn't it be nice to NOT have to do this again! However, I am really feeling the difference between hips, how the right operated hip is way outperforming the left, and how the left is complaining etc from being pushed harder these last couple of days. It makes me a little frustrated that I couldn't have the bilateral in the end. I so wanted to get it over and done with! We can moan about this together...I totally understand some of the emotions you are experiencing! I guess we have an advantage as to what to expect next time around...I'm trying to focus on the positives! LOL!!

Hope your swelling goes with some icing and elevating. Keep us posted on that....

:flwrysmile:
 
@Alitm ...i was given a cortisone injection in the left hip to help it meet the extra demands that was going to be placed on it. It has helped a great deal and sometimes has me thinking that I could put off the 2nd surgery and/ or even get another injection if needed. But then I think, "I'm not getting any younger" and that I should just "do it and get it over with ".
We will definitely have the advantage of the first hand experiences we have posted here. It is going to be so helpfu to us when we can go back to these posts as we recover from that second surgery.
Hope you have a great day :walking: !
 
I haven't gotten up yet, but I can already feel that my incision site is swollen and very sore. Not starting the day very well (but that gives more room for things to get better) ! Lol ! :bicycle2:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bilateral changed to Single

Time for a recovery chart! (My favorite handed to me as I bobbed on the ebb and flow of the recovery sea)
Keep the faith dear @Lea61!
It will get there!
You know what to do..:ice:
Hope all eases soon.:angel:
 
@Lea61 Stopping by to give you more :ice:. I see that @Mojo333 has given you some, and my most favourite recovery chart too!! Isn't she wonderful :roseshwr:. I'm getting used to the zip zaps as that diagram shows. Now I'm moving on to the chart that shows where we think we are, but where we actually are (clearly not where we think we are:heehee:).

I'm glad you were given the cortisone shot. It is too late for that for me on that, so hoping that the Tylenol and heating pad (for #2) will get me to Nov 16th. I seem to be getting through with the op leg in terms of walking better. Really focusing on the heel toe and wearing decent shoes, not the old ones with the old wear pattern. Want to walk down the hall at the OS office with no limp. Not sure if that is possible, as I think the limp is coming from the old hip LOL!!

I love the tricyle emoji! Missed that one!

Hope your swelling improves with the ice....I can't live without the stuff!!
Thinking of you:flwrysmile:
 
Good morning @Lea61. Just sent you a PM with the recipe--hope it doesn't sound too garbled or overwhelming, it's really a cinch to make (just a bit of time involved) and deliciously tasty in my opinion. Sorry to hear your leg was a bit swollen to start your day--hope with ice and rest it felt better by day's end. It's a new day, and here's cheer for a better one, and one day closer to full recovery!
 
@Mojo333 @Alitm .... Yes... perfect timing, as I lay here with ice wrapped over various parts of my body !
Just finished PT. Only basic stuff. Used the walker and crutches and went outside into my backyard! It was really nice out (no jacket or sweaters needed). I have some steps to get to the patio so I used the crutch and held railing on the steps and then walked using the walker. I think the therapist is very good. My husband was all ready to open the door for me and he told him that "I " should do it !! ( and I did) ! Just thought that was funny.
 
Thought I'd just stop by and say "hi", @Lea61, although I'm out of here in a few minutes, going to an evening party with neighbor ladies. The hostess is serving dinner and I baked and am bringing little lemon mini-bundt cakes. Thank goodness I had the smarts to nibble on an extra a short while ago, only to discover to my horror that they were SOOOO dry. So, immediately juiced a lemon and tangerine and dumped the juice in sauce pan with sugar and made "citrus dessert sauce" to throw over this little brick babies. Never--I repeat never--try out a new recipe if you are bringing something to a party!

Hope you are feeling pretty good today, entering week 3 of recovery. I really found things "perked" up for me in week three. Here in week four I'm a bit grumpy because I thought somehow (yes, foolishly perhaps) that I'd be getting back a bit of my energy. But even though I lead a life of doddering slowness, I still ache and feel like a wet blanket by 8:30 or 9:00 at night. But week three, for me, was being able to walk with my walking pole quite confidently, and by week's end starting to go out and walk without any assistive device. But keep on icing, resting and you'll be surprised at week #3's end how you've progressed. Probably not to where you'd like to be--but forward progress is forward progress! Onwards!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom