THR Bickypeg's new hip

Can they get you icepacks to help with the pain? I remember that spacey falling-into-a-black hole feeling. It certainly helped with "creative" writing at the time..! Huh, so they forgot your painkiller. Sounds familiar :-)
 
Well, I hope you can stay at the surgery site awhile longer and get fussed over @bickypeg
Also hope when you go home hubs pours on the TLC.
Don't forget we're here when you want / need some company.
Sending hugs and wishes for a peaceful weekend.
 
Hey, you made it, @bickypeg ! Wahoo! So happy to hear the news, and great that you are feeling relatively pain free. You should definitely believe your hubby if he says you look better--I'm sure you do (that is a great picture, you with your chin up!), to have that horrible pain gone and now just the tweaks and twinges of a recovering hip. PS, not with this hip replacement (as far as I know) but did the same bed wetting thing with another surgery I had two years ago. Nurse cheerfully informed me of this as I was waking up in recovery, NOT the first thing I wanted to hear but oh, well! We are all thrilled--and I am sure your family and friends are even more so--that you are safely on the other side and getting well taken care of today. Do stretch that recovery out until you are ready to go home--you deserve it!
 
Brave one.. All the best for second time around.
Quite right don’t go home too soon. All the best of us were wet, it’s the anaesthetic. First it numbs the bladder then there’s lots to get rid of and it comes faster than you can get to a loo; if you are mobile by then.
 
Last edited:
Happy Saturday @bickypeg
Wondering if you're home yet? And if so, how it went getting discharged from the surgery site and settled in at home. Hopefully drama free.
Wishing you comfort and lots of comfy naps, hopefully in your own space.
Let us know how you're doing when you're feeling up to it.
 
Still very early days, my double hippy pal.
I do hope you are leveling out a bit.
I know it was about ten days out before I decided I might eventually be glad I did this.
Healing Mojo coming your way!:loveshwr:
 
Hi guys! Home again on Sunday evening. Felt so much better than last time which makes sense as I have a good hip to rely on. Interestingly the problems on that side have diminished if not gone. So much better in every way though no appetite and slight indigestion but I don't care. I'm still 'going! And the nausea has nearly gone. Seem to be existing on an odd diet of celery, pears, hummus and wholemeal toast with Marmite. Can't face anything meaty or milky.
Hiccup last night when the swelling had started bigtime and it was very painful but iced up and took my pills. Taking life very easily, if I feel like waiting to get dressed and washed I will. And not frightened of taking painkillers, it's clear that regularity helps. Must be sensible though and remember not to bend or twist.
Keeping visitors to a minimum and pleased I did as granddaughter and her dad have stinking achey colds. But with WhatsApp videos it's almost the same but without the cuddles. Another son and girlfriend popped in and he vacuumed the sitting room. He's promised to make me some Peruvian green spaghetti one of my favourite dishes when I fancy it.Youngest son was here for 24 hours and always so cheerful and full of theatre gossip so that did me good and eldest is just nice and quiet and brought a huge box of chocolates in which I have absolutely no interest. Learned my lesson last time when distant relatives came in hordes and sat for hours and I was too polite to tell them to go. I was crosseyed with weariness!
So far so good then. I can see light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years.
Photo of little miss Snuffles.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    IMG-20190210-WA0001.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Bless her heart, she does look like she doesn't feel well.
She does look adorable :roseshwr:though...wish I was that cute when I'm under the weather.

I'm so glad you are already getting the benefit of two "good" hips !!!
You are doing it all just beautifully!
Keep that ice going @bickypeg :ice:
 
Last edited:
:hi:
Oh yeah, some lil bunny has a runny nose. Poor little sweetheart. She's a cutie though in spite of it all.
Love your update. You're doing well.
I hope today is a great day!
@bickypeg
 
Hi, @bickypeg--smart to keep that adorable baby and her parent at bay, temporarily. Having a head cold on top of hip recovery wouldn't be much fun at all! Glad you seem to be coping well, it's such early days but, as you say, you can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. Loved your recitation of your "interesting" diet--sounds good to me. Not sure I've ever had Marmite, but the rest would be familiar and comforting foods. Guess I'd sub peanut butter for Marmite on toast--when spread on warm toast, peanut butter is delicious. Hang in there, you are doing great! Cheers!
 
Just popping by to say I hope you are doing well.
Healing hugs:friends:
 
Still sleeping well and going through the night without painkillers. Woke a few times with the dreaded 'dry mouth' from the codeine but I'm reluctant to cut any of them (4 × 30mgs) out just yet because it does mean I'm without pain and able to move about , take little walks round the house and in the garden, do a bit of cooking and tidying and so on and generally do natural muscle strengthening stuff. Physio only came once so far. Pleased with me but I haven't kept up with the exercises especially the dreaded bridge. I do some of the bed exercises but half heartedly. Wound healing fine and nurse said I could remove dressing and take a shower so that's great.
[Was again told by the hospital to go to the surgery and have dressing changed and not to call the District Nurses as they were overstretched. And again as last year I told the DN, who was cross and said how could they prove they were overworked and understaffed if they never got any referrals! Such a vital resource ]
So far so good but feeling a bit low in spirits this morning but I know it's to be expected. Eldest is round for lunch later today so that will be nice.
Marmite is a strange British concoction @Barbaraj ! Yeast extract (?) and full of goodness but it truly is a love/hate thing.
 
Hello, Happy Sunday to you!
I hope you've enjoyed a lunch with your oldest by now and are in better spirits.
I'll bet the time spent in conversation has warmed your heart.
Nothing like time with our precious kids. especially once they have their own lives and families.
Wishing you a peaceful evening @bickypeg
 
Plodding along very nicely still. Taking 4 codeine and 8 paracetamol during the day which seems a lot but nothing during the night and according to my fitbit I'm sleeping more deeply and soundly than ever before which is such a blessing. And no pain apart from twinges around the incision. Have to set my timer to remind me to get up and get moving as I'm actually managing to get absorbed in a book or social media sufficiently that I don't realise I'm getting stiff. That's definitely new! Fat puffy ankle oh and the bruising! What did they do to it! But not as bad as first time round. Only been in the garden a couple of times but it's damp and looks slippy even if it isn't so I shan't risk it. Just hurling the bird food towards their table and hoping for the best! But the robins seem happy. So nice to be recuperating in the spring. It's generally miserable out there but the days are getting longer.
 
Hi @bickypeg
So glad for your update.
Sorry they must have wrenched on that foot...really I don't want to know how they have to get that bad hip out:flabber:

I've started to see robins here too and I am glad that it isn't getting dark right after I get off work.
Keep doing what you are doing...and do remind yourself to plod around regularly.
Sending healing hugs...:roseshwr:
 
So nice to be recuperating in the spring.

Spring! What Spring? Where IS Spring? I'm coming over! :SUNsmile:

It's nice to read you're doing so well @bickypeg
It all sounds so positive. Sound sleep is EVERYTHING, isn't it? :yes: It makes such a difference in the way we feel during the day. It's a natural mood booster.

May it only get better. Enjoy the week!
 
Hi, @bickypeg--glad to read you're still doing so well, moving slowly but without major discomfort--and sleeping well--woo, hoo! Isn't a good night's sleep the very best? Waking up refreshed is such a blessing! Sounds like you are handling your medication appropriately, not cutting things off too early so that you are able to get out and about without pain. Don't worry about not getting out in your garden--it will be waiting for you when you're ready. Just take it slow and steady and before "real" spring (I refuse to believe spring hits before April) arrives you'll be ready to move around and get things done you've not been able to do for years! Just read those seed catalogues for now, and drool with anticipation!
 
Doing well my dear. Keep on going. Lots of family keeping you cheerful.
Poor district nurses locally. They are madly overstretched and unhappy. One I spoke to last July said they were doing paperwork and other things instead of seeing patients. So sad.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom