THR Better late than never

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Weezi. So sorry to hear of your experience! Sending hugs and healing thoughts and prayers your way! I agree with the above statements. Glad you're home now!!
 
Weezi, you poor thing, that is a nightmare. Unbelievable.
Please add your doctor's name and hospital name to your signature---it might help others avoid problems.
And I hope you are relating your experience as told here to the hospital CEO, the Nursing Director, the Nurse Manager of the ortho unit you were on, and your local newspaper.
 
Shocking.......absolutely shocking. You poor thing Weezi. Telling a hip replacement patient to pee the bed and it will get cleaned up later.......That's tantamount to abuse!
I really hope you are in a much better place re your pain relief, and that for now you can put this nasty business behind you and put all your positive energies into helping yourself heal. Thank goodness you have a lovely man to look after you.

Queenie xxx
 
Weezi I am so sorry that you have had that dreadful experience. It is totally inexcusable and I agree with everyone else that when you are feeling stronger you should highlight your experience to to all who need to know but for now concentrate on recovery So glad you are at home with your family to care for you.You are in my prayers x
 
Oh Weezi! What a horrible ordeal you had to experience! I cannot believe people who have jobs taking care of people acted like that, treated you as such! It's one thing to have a nurse or two that is not ideal but it seems as if every one of your nurses had no compassion at all. Thank goodness your surgery went well and you were back home in a couple of days so you didn't have to be in that he** any longer! Praying you are on a quicker road to recovery!
 
Weezie, it breaks my heart as well. I can't believe how bad your experience was - it was inhuman and injust - and the hospital should be sued. Definitely lodge a complaint. I have one more week to go before my big day - eeek, I hope I have a better experience - I know I can't go by yours, but I feel I also have fibromyalgia, but my doctor disagrees with me - because the day I went to see him, I was ok. It is one of those things that is always there -and worse some days than others. My entire leg hurts, including my knee - and I just hope and pray that having the hip surgery and walking better will make those pains go away. I really hope you have a good recovery going forward and that in 6 months to a year's time - you will be happy you had the surgery and forget about your nightmare. OMG, I am just beside myself to know that you had to go through all that - and shame on the nurse who told you to relieve yourself in bed. Thinking healing thoughts your way. take care. Tracey
 
[Bonesmart.org] Better late than never
I think it would be a good idea to follow this directive. We need to let go of the unfortunate beginning at the hospital and move on to the positive things that can go on now. Dwelling on bad memories from the past is not good for the human soul and spirit. Let's be a little like Pollyanna and play the "Glad Game". We'll all feel a lot better and begin to do a lot better.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Better late than never
 
What a nightmare, Weezie. It would be hard for me to believe except that I had a bad time myself. I really wonder about some of the people in the medical professions. And, to add insult to injury, I have to keep on paying for it. It is over for you, though and things do get better and better. All the best.:flwrysmile:
 
That is so awful!!! I had a bad experience with my morphine pump. They kept disconnecting it to give me transfusions and would forget to hook it back up. Once time it took so long, my sister called the patient advocate to get some help. She called the director of nursing and she came in, but changed my saline or antibiotic IV because it was empty. She never hooked the morphine pump back up. We had to call the patient advocate back and finally she got someone in there to hook it back up. This all took hours and hours!!! Geez!!! FYI if anyone is caring for someone, or has not had surgery yet, there is usually a patient advocate that is there soley to help the patients, and if you can't get help from the nursing staff, ask for the director of nursing. Hope you will now start healing and feeling better. Please keep us posted!
 
I just sat here shaking my head reading your account of the diabolical treatment you had to endure in that hospital Weezy. I so feel for you that you had to go through all that. Good advice already given about complaining when you feel stronger.

Take care and now try to concentrate on your revovery. I am please you have a lovely husband and family around you to help.

Ann.
 
Weezi Just checking to see how you are doing. Post when you feel up to it! Happy healing!
 
Hi Weezi, i cannot believe the disgarceful behaviour, as evervybody has said of course you MUST make a formal complaint to release your hurt and move on to total healing, and by god make it LOUD!!! i love lulohio suggestion of writing to the paper, and in Australia we would take a complaint of this magnititude to the Health Minister - a head figure of health for your state/ jurisdiction in politics who has real power.

I can recollect the hell girl that checked me into theatre, and by the grace of god i did not report her because the verbal tyrade i gave her for her attitude i think will stay with her for the rest of her miserable existance. She was like a army general in how she wanted to check me in and reduced me to tears until i rose like a phoenix and burnt her with my tongue :) god i enjoyed and trust me i think i will still go back to the hospital and give her a salute to ask if she is still in the army!? .

However my girl, for now we must put the ordeal just on pause, not delete, and address the more pressing prioirty of you absolute rest, recovery and spiritual and physical healing. Our time of vocalising wil come but lets get strong, fit and healthy and give our bodies the love and care it deserves.

I am so happy the pre op angst is finally behind you, and each day your miracle body will recuperate and regenerate to all it can be. I know fast forwarding a few months from now (god i wish i had a time machine :) we will be comapring the joys of our days and the activiteis we can finally embrace that left us years ago.

I cannot wait to walk on the beach again and not care that the sand is uneven and feel little to no pain! not even something i could fathom!!.

Please keep icing constantly and take the medications that suit you on time not a moment after and i promise each day will get slightly brighter than the last like a gradual sunrise, until the glorious sun is in full shine again and its rays so warm you will never know darkness again ! xoxoxoox
 
Weezi, where do you live? What hospital was that? I know there's a shortage of nurses these days, but what you experienced is INSANE! Don't they have a pain management department at that hospital? They do at the one I went to, and he checked on me every day to make sure I was feeling ok. Even gave me his cell phone number so I could call if I had a problem. I think when you feel better, you should write a letter to whatever board governs hospitals in your state. They should not be in business. The fact that your situation was complicated by other pain issues should have made them more careful about managing your pain, not less. And urinate in the bed? Really? Who does that?
What a nightmare.
 
Weezi, I'm so sorry about your hospital experience. I can't imagine that people can be that way but they can. But there are great hospitals, nurses and doctors out there too. My experience was just the oposite. From my preaddmission (where I had a melt dodwn), arriving at the hospital to pre-op to post-op everyone was right there for me. I never had to wait for anything. Nurses answered my "beeps", came right away and checked on me often. PT came too, therapy twice a day. My OS came, even the internist I saw before my surgery came every day. And my husband was right there with me too. But he didn't have to worry when he went home at night. Things will be better Weezi. Hope the rest of your healing goes well. Thinking of you!
 
Hey you guys! Thanks so much for all your posts, the encouragement is priceless! My physical therapist said I am doing very well in this stage of the game. Plus, I have been getting some much needed REM sleep! I like Bottomshollow's idea of being a bit like Pollyanna and playing the "Glad Game". :egypdance: I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my surgery, time is flying by. I also feel like I have a great new hip! I can't wait till I am able to do more than just touch down weight bearing. Following the Mantra has helped to put me in control of managing the pain! For those who have upcoming surgery, I just wanted to remind you all that my surgery itselfwent great! The incision looks awesome and much smaller than I had imagined. There’s no drainage and I haven’t had a bandage on for almost a week. So much good has come from my ordeal and I am so grateful for all the wonderful people here that have helped me through this. I can't imagine what it would have been like had I not had you guys to lean on. I'm so thanful to be here on the other side and for all the blessings that continue to lift me up and see me through.
Hugs to you all :friends:
Weezi
 
Thank you Weezi for all your positivity. I am so glad that you are pleased with your new hip and that the actual surgery went well. Sounds like you are recovering well so I hope and pray that everything continues to go well for you.
 
So glad that the post hospital experience has been a good one so far. Onward and upward Weezi
 
Great to hear you're doing so well Weezi, you are an inspiration after all you went through. You certainly deserve it.
 
How lovely to hear you just oozing positivity Weezy, a great positive mental attitude will certainly hold you in good stead in the weeks to come and you seem to have bucketfulls of it :thumb:

Your post will give inspiration to members who experience a not so good time whilst in hospital. I am so pleased things are going well for you and look forward to hearing how you are progressing.

Take care

Ann
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom