Guest viewing is limited

TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

You are doing awesome, Benne! I'm impressed you can kneel, my left knee complains fiercely if I put it on the floor. Getting up and down is difficult for me too, probably will be for awhile now. While I bragged about going downstairs normally, today it hurt so I'm not home free yet. Two steps forward, one step back!
 
2 yrs ago, we had just been to New York City to see the sights and the holiday decorations. My Ortho couldn’t get me in for my knee injection. I certainly wasn’t going to cancel our trip but it kept me from going full speed ahead. My husband would often go back out in the evening but I had to call it a day after about 5 each afternoon because my knee was screaming and just DONE. A few times I would rest in the room a couple hours and able to go out in the evening. We walked and used the subway everywhere we went. We did see everything on our itinerary and we crammed so much into 6 days. I hope to have many trips in the future when this knee heals. Next will either be Alaska or Ireland!
 
I had to call it a day after about 5 each afternoon because my knee was screaming and just DONE.

I know exactly what you mean! A few years back, we made a trip to Peru to visit Cusco and Machu Picchu. After trying to climb the stone pathways during the day, my knee would swell and I would spend the evening icing and elevating while myy husband and daughter went out for more fun.

I can't wait to get back on the road. My bucket list is looonnggggg.:wink:
 
May have to wait until this pandemic is over or restrictions lifted or changed. I want to come while we can still enjoy it!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Eire1 we loved our tip to Ireland a few years ago! Traveled all over, kissed the Blarney Stone (after getting a bit claustrophobic on the climb up (when I discovered there was no other way out - well, I was all in!), and the family was actually reminiscing the other night about the trip when we realized it was the winter solstice; my daughter found me a link to watch the sun enter the New Grange cairns at sunrise. Sadly, it was as overcast there as it was many hours later here on the US west coast. The family is quite used to me forcing them to all the wonderful historic sights! Hope your knee is doing well.
 
@NightQuilter Glad you enjoyed your trip! Kissing the Barney stone is definitely something you only do once:snork: ! Yes the winter solstice at Newgrange was a bit disappointing this year but it was nice they were live streaming it, people watched from all over the world.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had several trips planned in 2020 including a 3 week trip island hopping in Hawaii. Trips to visit the kids in Spain, are delayed indefinitely - whomp, whomp, wah.

When we traveled the last few years, we had to do the On and Off tour buses. On the bus, oooo lets go there, off the bus, oh I'm tired, on the bus, rinse and repeat. Paris and Malaga were fun and will have to be revisited so that I can walk with bionic knees.
 
We were planning our Ireland trip for summer or fall of 2020 and COVID squashed that! I know many friends that have went and absolutely loved Ireland!

I am sure Covid is going to blow up more after all the Christmas gatherings. Pretty sure that I have it. If not, I have bronchitis. My kids families and my husband and I are now quarantined.

I should have one sentence about my recovery! It is coming along, slowly but surely! How’s that?
 
@benne68 your flexibility is impressive! Your surgery was a week after mine and on Christmas Day my granddaughter (8) tried to get me to sit in a position she calls “criss cross applesauce” and I had to tell her that I would need two bionic knees to do that.

Like so many of you I have delayed travel due to painful knees; after my next TKR, I want to go everywhere. (And Ireland is definitely on my list. What a magically beautiful country!) My last international travel was a three-generation girls’ trip to Japan in 2019. We walked between 7 and 12 miles every day for 10 days and my legs were so painfully swollen when I returned that my orthopedist sent me for immediate imaging!
 
I don't think I will ever be able to do "criss cross applesauce" ever again. My right knee won't bend that far and my left certainly won't either.

I can't believe 2 years ago I was able to walk 15,000+ steps a day in Vegas! Boy did my left knee go downhill after that. I will be able to do it again, I'm sure!
 
Hi all. Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit -- was too busy enjoying extended family we haven't been able to see since COVID began. It's been a lovely week!

Wishing all a very happy new year. Here's hoping 2022 is bright and better for all.


:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
@ SusieQ... I just saw on another thread, that your husband does have Covid....keeping you all in my prayers that the rest of your family stays OK, and that he is not too sick with it, and recovers soon. ❤️
 
Benne, I just saw your post on the family & lots of visiting.....Wow! That sounds Wonderful! We are hoping for a family reunion, possibly here in the Denver area, we are most centrally located. Our family isn’t that big, but, lots of grown nieces & nephews, some “greats”, so, it will be a fairly big, fun group. I look forward to lots of fun, laughter, good food, and Hugs!!. We are definitely a family of huggers. I’m so glad you were able to be with family. Take care, & when you’re home again, get some rest, & just savor all those memories.... good way to ring in 2022!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom