Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

I could always seem to eat a scrambled egg.
 
I will do hard boiled eggs right now but I just can't do the scrambled or yolk kind.

Ok first time out sitting on the couch comfortably. Yay so happy I don't have to fill trapped in my room anymore. Now to sit back and enjoy gone with the wind. My favorite movie Have my leg up and elevated. With the ice.
 
I had no appetite after my TKR, but after the infection surgery I craved chocolate covered pretzels. I asked my friend to bring a few packages from my favorite chocolatier to give to the nurses and aides. Someone lost out because I kept one package for myself. I lost quite a bit of weight too, but unfortunately I think some of it came back. My OS did want me on a high protein diet to help the soft tissue heal.
 
There's vitamins in the vegetables you eat too. I lost my appetite and was very sick from the pain meds and lost 25 lbs.eventually my appetite came back with a vengeance...I gained it all back!! The milk in your Cheerios has protein in it pluse cheese, eggs and fish. So all of those will give you the protein you need.

As far as sleeping through the night it is very difficult. I think it's a combination of napping during the day ( it's needed) and the fact that when it's quiet at night there is nothing to distract you from the achiness. I still have some problems with it too. Tylenol pm is Tylenol plus Benadryl so if you have Tylenol you only have to pick up some Benadryl. It's actually cheaper to buy the generics of both of them!! I hope you are able to get some more sleep at night soon! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
 
I don't think I would have made it this far without peanut butter crakers. Crazy how your appetite comes & goes. What taste good yesterday sounds yucky today.

@Vangheluwec good to hear you made it to the sofa. You should begin to see improvements every 2-3 days.

Hubby cooks professionally......guess he is a keeper:loll:
 
Yes he is define you a keeper. Lol he's good to me and provides good for our little family.
That's so true about what's good today isn't tomorrow.
I'm finally starting to feel as if their is an end to all of this. Every day something gets better.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
glad you're encouraged today. happy thanksgiving.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.
I've had a good day today my pain was down low and swelling wasn't bothering me. I managed to spend most of my day out in the living room with everyone. Now I'm feeling the pain a bit from all the extra activity and swelling is up some it's not to bad maybe about a 5. But it was worth it to spend the day with everyone. Now to elevate and ice it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was finally able to fall asleep at about 11pm like a normal person. I woke up a little after 1am only to feel as if I had slept a full night. At least I feel rested for a change. I guess all the extra activity today wore me out.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is a roller coaster ride for sure. Take it easy today after a busy one yesterday.
 
Your daughter would also make a great helper with ornaments. I had m girls start with fairly up breakable ones. My tree looked a little funny sometimes because the ornaments were all on the tree only to the height they could reach. Now my youngest still comes and puts up the tree. She's taller Han I am and can reach all the way to the top of our 7 ft tree.
 
I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I agree, it was nice to spend time with family and not be relegated to the bed to ice and elevate. I will wait a few days for the tree - my daughter and husband usually decorate the tree and I do the mantles and the outside. My job is to unwrap all the ornaments and put the hooks on them. I think I can handle that much this year!
 
My niece and nephew put my tree up the year I had my TKR. I was released from the hospital after the infection on a snowy Dec. 6th. As my sister pulled into my driveway my niece and nephew could be seen through the picture window decorating the tree they had just put together. It was a wonderful surprise I will never forget in the midst of a very scary time in my life. Great news (and bad) I was well enough to take ornaments off the tree in January, though someone else carried the tree to the basement.
You'll have great memories even if you watch and direct the decorating.
 
I was putting hooks on everything. My mom set up the tree and her and my daughter decorated it. But that and the last visit from pt was today for discharge took a lot out of me. It looks great with the new color scheme this year. Only thing I have to do is make a trip to hobby lobby for the bow at the top and the matching ribbon. Now I'm relaxing and not doing anything except ice and elevate. I forgot my meds at 10am so just took those. Even with missing a dose my pain is only about a 5.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom