Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

The steristrips can take a bit of time to come off by themselves. If they are starting to loosen some will start to fall off soon. They will not all come off at once. The scar will take longer to heal. The skin will be closed nut it mat look red or purple and it will gradually fade to your natural skin color. That will take several months or more. Everyone heals at a different rate.
 
Ok. I just can't wait to see it I've been waiting 2 weeks. But thank you. Hopefully they start falling off soon because they are a little itchy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Itchiness usually means everything is healing well. You can ask your PT to look at them. They can let you know how much longer they might be on. Otherwise when you go back to OS they will take them off.
 
Mine started to come off after a week, especially with a shower.
 
As you're only two weeks post op, don't be surprised if your OS re-applies fresh steri-strips. If so, you'll be free of them by four weeks post op.
 
I still have them. I don't see him until about the 10th. But I'm leaving them in place till they fall off on their own. I read a few things online and the longer their on the better the scar looks. Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Mine started to come off after a week, especially with a shower.
The showers have helped them loosen. But I don't let the water run constantly on them I have the shower hose down and use the bench.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My OS said they'll come off when they're ready. Does it hurt to have the water run over it? I wasn't allowed to wash or soap the incision, but I was allowed to let water run over it. I believe I had one or two steri strips left by week 3.
 
It doesn't hurt I don't rub it I more pat it to wash it. He told me I could was with soap and water last week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just let water run over it when I had the steri strips on and then gently pat dry.
 
I trimmed the curled edges so they did not snag my sweatpants & shorts.
 
I usually just pay it to. But it does grab on my pajamas when I'm sliding in and out of bed I might try to trim the edges later.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My steri strips kind of disappeared one day after I got tired of peeling them off my bathtub floor and fishing them out of the drain. :cool:
 
Lol if they start sticking to everything I'm sure they will disappear.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's not a big deal if they fall off. At this point the skin is nicely closed and will not split open
 
Ok great now I get the stomach bug. Just what I need


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok a lot more pain this morning because I couldn't hold the meds down. Hopefully the ones I Just took will kick in soon


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'll pass on those. I'm doing better today. I think it may have been because I took one of my migraine meds and it just interacted with everything else I'm taking.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom