Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

That's some great sleep you're able to get at one time!
 
I'm so glad I got a milestone down. How many more are their lol. My next one I want is to completely straighten it or be able to walk with no limp.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vangheluwec just caught up
On your post
You are doing great
You will get better rom every day and less pain
One other milestone is sleeping that long
I'm sure most will tell u it took months

I couldn't sleep all night till 3 months
It's hard to sleep with the leg elevate

Keep up the good work
 
Sounds like you are making very good progress! Good sleep and PT. Hope you have another good rest tonight.
 
Thank you. I'm hoping I sleep good tonight again if not I can always nap tomorrow. Not like I can do anything else I'm trapped at home. I am happy with progress I am making and I'll get a little better everyday. Good luck with your guys progress.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well didn't get a full nights sleep. But it's not from pain I got like 4 hrs and then woke up. Ugh definitely going to need a nap today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was up all night and not due to my knee. Nap through the day whenever you can.
 
Just woke up for work. Got 5 hours which is,not enough for me. Couldn't fall asleep due to achiness.
 
After my tkr at first I would get 2 hours in a row at most I just woke up ..no pain or discomfort.
It took 3 1/2 months to finally sleep all night (6-7 hours for me)
Hope we all get restful pain free nights:zzz::alarm::sleep::sleep::sleep:
 
That would be great to get sleep like that every night. I'm only 2 weeks out an am getting s decent amount each night so I can't complain.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So many of us have a disturbance in our sleep patterns after this surgery. I guess one way to make up for lost night-time sleep is to take naps. Sleep whenever you can, wherever you can.
 
Well doing my pt exercises today I was not able to lift my leg. Is it normal to do it one day and not be able to do it the next?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes. Two steps forward and one step back is quite common. Don't worry about it.
Tomorrow is another day!
 
Thank you. Wanted to make sure it's just weird I go to bed last night and can lift it but not today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You've found the dreaded roller coaster ride we've all been on. Ups and downs but we eventually get to the end of the ride.
 
As long as I make to the end and I'm better I'll be happy. The pain is not as bad as it was so that's a good thing. It's just when I walk it feels like my knee is floating or something I don't know how to explain it. Maybe as if that area is empty.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So doing good today. Pain is just a dull ache type I've only taking 1 percocete every 4 hours or so instead of 2. It still feels stiff and was unable to lift it myself. I have a stinging feeling in the bottom left side of my knee. Tomorrow I'll be home alone for about 4 hours. I haven't done more than an hour or so. My mom has to go into town and my husband works. Just hoping all goes well during that time. I will keep my phone with me at all times invade I get up and fall. ( hopefully I don't) because I know I won't be able to get up off the floor.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are doing very well if you can & have reduced pain meds.

PT will get your strength back in time. Just do what you can it's only two weeks post op.
 
I know I am I'm not letting it get me down to much. I work on it 3x a day. It will get better when I start outpatient on the 30th. I'm still early in recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
When are the steri strips going to fall off ?
[Bonesmart.org] Beginning my recovery.
they are only loose at the edges and are starting to drive me nuts. Is it better to leave them on and fall off themselves. I want to see what the scar looks like.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom