Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

Loved reading your thread ! I'm halfway through. I'm having BTKR in October. Both knees are shot and getting worse everyday. The worst is not being able to enjoy the things I'm used to doing. I would never have considered BTKR if not for Bonesmart. Thanks for your thread!

Hey there Beach!! I had my surgery last year in October too!! I figure if your fairly active, pretty healthy, and not using a walker or wheelchair there’s probably no reason you can’t do bilateral surgery. I highly recommend it! It’s certainly not a walk in the park, but once you’ve recovered, YOUR DONE! So congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

During recovery I remember being concerned about not getting full extension in my legs. I’d have to go back and check when it actually happened, but it did!! No exercise and certainly not physical therapy had anything to do with it... your body just heals! It really does! So don’t concern yourself over stuff like that when you get to that point. It happens in its own time.

Best wishes to you for a successful surgery and a fast recovery!!
 
Guys I’m sooooo excited and just have to share. I’m going to Germany!! The whole month of August! My daughter is having our first grandson and I’ll hopefully be there at the birth... timing is tricky, little people have a mind of their own when they want to enter the world.

Had I not had this surgery, I’d never have even thought of going. I’m very excited.

Any tips from you travelers out there? I’ll fly from San Francisco to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to Munich. The last flight is 9.5 hours. Sitting. In a plane. Ugh.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

Hugs to you all!!
 
It's great that you are going to Germany to be with your daughter and be there for the birth of her baby.

Here's an article that may help with preparing for your flights:
Flying soon after surgery
 
Hey there Beach!! I had my surgery last year in October too!! I figure if your fairly active, pretty healthy, and not using a walker or wheelchair there’s probably no reason you can’t do bilateral surgery. I highly recommend it! It’s certainly not a walk in the park, but once you’ve recovered, YOUR DONE! So congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

During recovery I remember being concerned about not getting full extension in my legs. I’d have to go back and check when it actually happened, but it did!! No exercise and certainly not physical therapy had anything to do with it... your body just heals! It really does! So don’t concern yourself over stuff like that when you get to that point. It happens in its own time.

Best wishes to you for a successful surgery and a fast recovery!!

LOVE reading this...This is encouraging, glad to hear you're doing so very well!
 
Thank you Beckaroo for your threads here. You have given me so many suggestions and support without you even knowing it I am just ten weeks Bltkr tomorrow. I started back to work, teaching elementary school, last week half days. Your "nap" comments are right on. After just half a day of work, I have come home: iced and took a nap. Boy this is draining. You are also right about time. My swelling has increased as has some of my pain(on my feet more) but it is different than before surgery. Sleeping... My . I just have to again say thank You for giving me hope and confirmation about what I am feeling.
When a second grader asked me this week, "Do your knees still hurt and do magnets stick to them?" I had a great chuckle and told him they were still healing and unfortunately I'm not magnetic
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom