Guest viewing is limited

TKR Becca's TKR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Becca,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend and are doing well. Good luck with your OS visit tomorrow. I hope he answers all your questions to your satisfaction and he gives you better pain medication.

Have a wonderful evening!

Maria
 
Good report, Becca. I love your idea of posting something positive each day. At the beginning of the year, our family started a "blessings" calendar. Each of us had to write down one thing that we were thankful for. It was a good way to stay focused and look at all of the blessings in our lives. We lasted until about spring break. Maybe we should bring it back! We had some great family time today. One of the things I am thankful for is that our teenagers are so easy to get along with and like to be with us. We played several games of 'Settlers of Catan' and did some boating together. Then this evening played some bean bag toss (parents win 2-0) and enjoyed a beautiful evening outside. Makes a person forget how much the knee is throbbing, which I must admit it has been doing most of the day. My fault as I am not taking too much for pain anymore. I end up forgetting.

Best to you at your appointment. Hope you can sleep tonight.
 
Hi, y'all!

Ohhh! :sleep: I slept like a baby last night! Feels so good!
I know it is early yet but I had to share a real milestone I was able to achieve last night.:dancy:
We have many stairs in my house and I have been practicing to try and be able to climb them in a more normal way that the one leg up, other leg up, both on the same stair tread method I have used since surgery. That really gets so old...:headbang:

With some preparation and stretching and much faith in the new knee, I was able to go up an entire flight of stairs normally. I did use the rails and it was definitely not normal speed but I am so proud! Celebration!:cheers:

I understand going down is somewhat more difficult and I managed about 1/2 flight of those. I did not continue because I was too afraid I would be really sore today. (I'm not! :yahoo: )
Happy Monday to you!
 
Celebrate! :egypdance: That is a milestone. And each trip up and down will get better. You have a good Monday as well.
 
Trip to the OS for 6 week check was uneventful. Knee is recuperating to expectations, not quite at the 115 he wanted but slowly moving in that direction. Interestingly, OS said no pain meds after 6 weeks is the norm but gave me a 30 pill refill. I guess I am not allowed to have pain now.:headbang: I hope to not need any more or I will have to go elsewhere. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Today has been a good day for my knee but I have walked a lot, and sat in uncomfortable chairs for longer than I would have liked and have been made to feel like a drug addict. :hissy: Other than that, it was a great day! A little sunshine between the rain, climbed more stairs more easily than yesterday and the retail therapy I participated in on Friday arrived on the front porch early this afternoon. :flwrysmile: It is time for me to elevate and ice and relax. Have a nice evening!
 
Uneventful is good, isn't it? Please don't let your OS have too much emotional/mental power over you!
 
Ready
No, my husband and I have been laughing about it all afternoon.:heehee:
 
Becca,
Bravo on your :sleep: I still wake myself up in pain every night. My knee gets stiff when I don't move it :yikes:
I have 2 more in home pt. then out-patient for 1month 2 times a week.
I'm sure you are not a drug addict :shrug: so don't worry about it :umm: keep up the good work & go easy on the stairs.
Thinking of you....
Diana :friends:
 
During those tough days of rehab it's awfully tough to see the progress, and we are always harder on ourselves or don't feel the progress is there. But confirmation from the medical experts reveals the hard work, persistence and determination pays off! Super news for you today in your follow up with your OS! :dancy:

Keep up the good work!
 
Fellow Knee People!

I have had an almost normal day (with slower walking, of course). I went shopping and "piddling" with a friend and we hit four stores in four different shopping strips. And we had a nice lunch! I was out of the house for 6 wonderful hours and when I got home (I drove), I carried up my purchases from the basement in 2 trips, all on my own.:yahoo: Of course, now I am elevated and icing but I don't feel that bad! Not tired, and leg isn't more swollen now than when I left home this morning. (My thigh seems to like to stay swollen, go figure) but everything else is okay. Oh, maybe I will make it through this TKR after all.
Yea! Hooray! :flwrysmile: :dancy: :egypdance: :spin: :yay: :yes: :yes!: :flwrysmile:

Have a great afternoon!
Becca
 
[Bonesmart.org] Becca's TKR Recovery
Good to hear you had such a great day and a real spirit booster!
 
I am glad you had such a great day out. It is so encouraging. It's good to hear you so positive. Hope the activity today doesn't bite you tomorrow.
 
Ready
I am glad you had such a great day out. It is so encouraging. It's good to hear you so positive. Hope the activity today doesn't bite you tomorrow.
If it doesn't, PT will. :rolleyes: I'll let you know but I feel pretty good right now! :spin:
 
Ready

I feel great today and suffered no effects from my amazing outing yesterday!

:flwrysmile:
 
Good to hear! And how was your sleep? Mine has been troubled, but hopefully it will improve.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom