THR BeBe finally!!!

Hi again everyone!
I'm sitting in the recliner icing. Spent a little time weeding in the flower beds today.
Hands and knees crawling around. Up and down, working over the thigh muscles.
My form of PT and mental health boost.
I still have the hockey pucks and some weird odd discomfort with that, but the weeding kind of works to stretch my low back and rump muscles. As long as I am slow and careful, seems to be tolerable.
Walking any longish distance aggravates my bursitis/ITB thing. Especially walking back up my driveway - hill.
We will see how I feel tomorrow.
Now waiting for DH to bring home pizza!
Daughter and her animals are heading to the new apartment this afternoon, and she starts new job tomorrow.
It is quiet here now...but I am sure going to miss her and the "grand-dog" and kitties.
She came 8 days after my second surgery. It's been kind of a whirlwind for hip surgery recovery.

Friday was my 8th week since the second surgery.
#2 left hip is feeling better and #1 right hip still touchy.
Hope you all have a good week!
 
Hi BeBe....yup, I decided stretching is the go-to solution for the bum/thigh ache too. I think I must be sitting for too long, so will have to make sure I keep getting up and walking round, and am also starting a couple of piriformis exercises too.... need to get this sorted as when no 2 is done I'll be doing a lot of sitting again.....would be good to have one well-behaved hip! For some reason my ITB can get pretty painful (especially at the knee insertion) for no reason at all....hoping the hip op will miraculously improve it, tho can't see why it should!

Good luck for your daughter on her first day....I've just had two of my kids start new jobs in the last week and I swear it's more stressful for me than it was for them! Your house will feel very empty without them for a while....I find having my youngest coming up to stay (she lives a plane ride away so don't see her too often)is a mixed blessing.....lovely when she's here but then there's that 'empty nest' feeling when she goes back.
 
Hi @anny !
Oh yes! I know stretching is the answer but until I get this hockey puck feeling sorted I am way leary of the ITB and piriformis stretches.
The hockey hips honestly feel like those would put me into dislocate land. Right - 1st is actually worse.
I have good ROM as far as I am willing to chance it. Probably a mixed blessing with the hypermobile issues I have. OS said keep up the precautions for 12-16 weeks because of it. But I crawl around pulling weeds ok.
Go figure.
Then I still have my moms dislocation nightmare running through my head...

I called the OS last week and have an appointment for a look see about hip #1.
The bursitis is acting up a lot now too. I had it before surgery, it finally settled with the second surgery evening my legs out, but now as I'm more active --it is back.
And back with the knee pain too. Frustration!
The OS nurse I spoke with said do nothing and see if pain goes away between now and appointment on 28th.
No nsaids, so I doubt he will consider a bursitis injection.

I get it about the kids and stress. I'm happy my daughter is back in PA and not in Iowa anymore!!
16 hour car ride is too far! Although I moved farther away from my family as a young woman.
We just want them to be situated and as content and happy as possible. No easy task!

You don't have long to wait now for your surgery! Sept 11? Wow that's coming up!
Even though I am having a glitchy time of it just now, I am still content with having them both done this year. Didn't really have a choice though.
But also realize I waited way too long. Hindsite. And that may have a lot to do with my glitchy recovery.
 
:wave:Hope today is a good day. Only two months, almost... for number two so and less than 6 months for your body to deal with two major surgeries.
Don't be getting antsy on us now..:unsure:
Stay a patient patient...don't want you having chronic problems.
Sending healing hugs:loveshwr:
 
@Mojo333
Good morning and thanks for the waves and hugs!
I am such the impatient patient !!
Low key, no physical labor planned for today.
Hitting the drawing board for some design work.
You have a good day too!
 
Good Morning, BeBe
I hope you're not too sore from weeding the garden yesterday.
How nice that your daughter was able to be there for most of your recovery so far on Hip 2. I'm sure you were sad to see her leave. You'll get used to the quiet again, but it is hard at first.
Hopefully you'll have time to catch up on some rest and icing :fingersx:
Wishing you a good week! :friends:
@BeBe
 
Hi @BeBe.
Wondering how your appointment went and if your knee is feeling any better?
Hope you are hanging in there!
Hope your day is sweet !:flwrysmile:
 
I hope you're doing well, BeBe
Sending best wishes for a great rest of the week and holiday weekend.
Sit back and put your feet up and do a little grillin and chillin.
That's what's on my agenda for the Last Hurrah of Summer. What about you?
Hugs
@BeBe
 
Hi BeBe....with you there on the stretches.....anything that tells me to stretch my op leg across.....:flabber: MIDLINE:dubious: and my mind reels back in horror.....what compliant recovery patients we were, doing everything we were told.....now it's hard wired and we can't ignore restrictions!! What you said about the weeding....that's probably the way to go, do it sneakily while your mind is on something else.....my husband would love it if I did weeding as 'therapy' :yes!: Luckily I will have a good excuse to stay away from it for a bit longer, tho it's creeping up on me a little faster than I'd like! I still find myself saying leftie isn't painful.....because the odd twinge in the day, and almost constant 'toothache' that regularly wakes me up at night isn't REAL pain is it? Doh, need to find that spirit of acceptance still :whistle:

Looking forward to getting it over with, then we can compare notes....hope you continue to improve, even if progress is snail-like....polish up that patience halo :heehee:
 
@BeBe.

The hard marble is not in the incision. It’s at the very top of incision, off to side 1/4 inch.
It’s like a small rock. Lol. Best description I can think of. :)
Hope your week is going better.
 
@Mojo333 @Layla @Kikki @anny

Finally getting back to BS. Had a busy week and I'm still moving slow so...
My OS appt was last week to evaluate my right hip.
He says X-ray looks good and we can now see some bone growth around implant.
However at 5 months out it didn't look like that much more bone around that stem. My opinion.

He feels I'm overdoing activity. He believes my spine/sacral issues are leading cause of pain.
Wants me to see spine surgeon.
He also mentioned I may have "sprained" my hip when I sprained my ankle. Yes his word.
As in torqued the joint capsule?!? :shocked:
Apparently this can happen? And takes forever to heal? Great.

Next week I'm starting again with a chiropractor for my low back, ITB issues. This guy utilizes
massage and stretching too so can't hurt.
Not sure I can deal with a spine surgeon at this point.

Hope you all are having a good week!
 
Happy to hear X-rays look good, BeBe
Sprained hip, oh no! Long healing time, that's too bad.
I hope the chiropractor is able to help with your pain issues next week.
Keep us posted and have a good week.
@BeBe
 
He also mentioned I may have "sprained" my hip when I sprained my ankle. Yes his word.
As in torqued the joint capsule?!? :shocked:
Makes sense to me...ice it up friend.
I also need to follow up some SI pain though hips are splendid -but just not sure I want to know right now if is a problem.:umm:
Illogical.
 
@Mojo333
Ice! I've been icing that hip/leg/rump for what seems like years! For sure the past 18 months...
Guess I should have been a bit skeptical of the OS claims that the pain was due to the hip joint,
and would be gone after surgery. Alliviated maybe. Gone no.
No grinding hip pain is gone but it seems I can feel every part of that right joint capsule
and it feels swollen and angry.
Right hip is completely different, hockey puck is there but not as touchy.
And yes I do have SI joint issues on right.
Hoping chiropractor can help this time around.
I hate the thought of more Prolotherapy, even though that helped last time.
 
I also am thinking of chiropractor...Josephine is a fan!
What kind of prolotherapy?
Need to google it or scroll back through your thread?
 
@Mojo333

Platelet rich plasma prolotherapy. It tightens tendons and ligaments.
They take blood from you and spin out the plasma, mix it with a little lidocaine,
and reinject it into all tendon and ligament attachments to bones/joints.
I have had several versions of this over the years starting with fluoroscopy guided, 1-2 sticks.
To the last doc who did around 40 at one time, not guided. Every tendon waist down -even foot arches.:yikes:
Sports medicine doc.

I had that done twice -- a month apart. Quite painful and spendy. Felt like a car accident for a few weeks.
Wouldn't wish it on an enemy but it did help. Quite a bit in fact.

I have hypermobile joints (EDS) and the prolotherapy seemed to "tighten me up" -
bought me a few years before THR.
I had this done as a precursor to stem cells, which I did NOT do as my joints were to far gone for to do SCT.
 
Felt like a car accident for a few weeks.
Wouldn't wish it on an enemy but it did help. Quite a bit in fact.
Um...okay. :good-bad:
Don't know whether you talked me in or out of that?:shrug:
 
Yeah I know. @Mojo333
After I had the first course I couldn't believe I would ever go through it again, but after a couple weeks I could tell it had helped and the doc recommended 3 courses.
I only did two and it was really helpful for my SI pain, R ankle and L hip. Oh and my feet! Tightened arches.

Tomorrow I see the chiropractor for spine issues.
 
Let us know how it goes BeBe.
I have some SI pain from time to time but as much as I end up doing at work...think the lifting heavy items is the culprit.
Try not to do it..but if I don't have the help....?
Hope you aren't in the flood areas in your state.
Apparently we are looking for a hurricane coming our way this week:doh:
 
Good luck at chiropractor today, BeBe.
Let us know how it goes. Hope you find some relief.
Best wishes for a good week. :)
@BeBe
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom