THR BeBe finally!!!

@Mojo333
Are you on high ground? I hear coastal is evacuating? Honey just stay safe and dry!!
Important paperwork, pets, loved ones and your favorite jeans and boots! Then skedattle!
I've been through multiple tornados and floods and hurricane spin offs from Sandy and a few others.
This house is purposely on high ground but the rain has been nonstop.
No chance of flooding here but sometimes it seems like we will blow off the mountain!
You just stay safe ya hear!!

@Layla
Chiropractor read my spine MRI report and decided to focus on ITB bursitis areas.
He utilizes the Graston technique. Myofacial release of muscle adhesions via scraping over muscles with
various blunt knife tools. Jury is still out on this as useful.
He spent time on my right incision which is about the only area on my R side that doesn't hurt...!
( and now it does ) thankfully he did not go at the point of hip where the bursitis lives.
This doesn't seem like something to do at this stage?
Another appointment Friday.
I don't think he wants to attempt SI joint issues. @Mojo333
I'm not sure what helps SI stuff, other than those injections?
Multiple OS told me hip surgery would...
 
Keeping an eye on this hurricane...okay, Let me rephrase...I'm watching it.
I'm inland some from Savannah so as it tracks now...I'm thinking we are going to dodge this one.
We are just out of coastal flooding range mostly so last year's just put us without power with lots of trees down.
My mother lives in coastal lower SC but she isn't totally convinced to evacuate yet so...

The only time my SI joint bothers me is when I'm laying down so worse comes to worse I just won't do that.:)
Hope you have a good week:SUNsmile:
 
Mojo...didn’t you say your Mum lived in Beaufort? Ironic that the wind scale is Beaufort.
 
I'm sorry you're still struggling, BeBe.
I hope you find something to bring you relief soon.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort.
@BeBe
 
All the best for your appointment tomorrow...will be thinking of you!
:angel:
 
Sending some love your way with a warm hug :friends:
Best wishes for tomorrow's appt. Let us know how it goes.
@BeBe
 
@BeBe hope all goes well at your appointment and it turns out to be an easy treatment.....must certainly be testing your patience!

I'm watching CNN's reporting on your hurricane Florence now ......really hope none of the US Bonesmarties are in the area.....scary to see what is happening round the world, NZ has a saying that was much used during the time of our earthquake in Christchurch in 2011.....so Kia Kaha (Stay Strong) America!
 
Hi @BeBe
Wondering how it's going for you this week...
And luck with the chiropractor last Friday?
I hope you're finding some relief. Sending a comforting hug :console2:
 
@Layla
I'm hanging in! You're sweet to ask!
I've had three Chiropractor appts and he continues to utilize the Grafton Technique- not a fan...
However I do not feel any improvement from this with the IT band Bursitis pain. Seems to aggravate it actually.
I asked for a low back adjustment and this was not done. Only superficial massage. Quite namby-pamby.

So I asked again, what is the next step if I do not get pain relief from your techniques and he confirmed
steroid injections to SI, bursa, and spine.
Injections are not something I want to do just now as I feel the newest hip is trying to lay down bone and the steroids will jeopardize the bone healing. Same with the Nsaids my OS recommended. I want to give my newest hip at least another month before I take NSAIDS

I feel quite frustrated because I now realize my first hip has an issue.
Second hip is the way THR are supposed to feel like. Three months tomorrow and its my "good" hip. No pain. Feels strong.
First hip is not right. Yes I have spine/muscle issues but the actual hip capsule feels painful to me.
Maybe the bursitis?
6 months for the first hip in a couple days!
 
Aww, BeBe...
I'm so sorry to hear you continue to struggle with this.
It's has to be so disappointing. I understand your hesitation with the injections
and concerns about NSAIDS. I hope this is something that can resolve over time. I can imagine
your frustration with the inability to move forward. All I can do is offer prayer for your comfort and
healing. Big hugs to you. Please keep us posted, we care.
@BeBe
 
I don't know what to suggest but hope it gets figured.
I was so hoping you'd get some relief.
I have some SI issues but not sure what I want to do about it as hips are Good!
Keep thinking chiropractor but worried someone will do something to screw my hips up.
Keep the faith BeBe!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
It's the behavin hip's Anniversary. And it deserves some love.:loveshwr:
Hope it's twin catches up with the program and starts behaving also.
May your day be all you want it to be.
@BeBe
 
@Layla @Mojo333
Thanks guys!
I'm staying as active as I can tolerate and am so thankful L hip is doing well.
No one wants this first hip to settle down more than I do!
A friend recommended a different Doc, a DO not MD (osteopathic doc) who does adjustments.
Plus everything MDs do.
I feel like I need more tools in a toolbox than this current chiropractor can manage at this point.
Nice guy but three appointments and I am no different.
Would you guys start back with NSAIDS at this point?
My OS said to try it. That first hip is mucho inflamed. But I decided to wait till my L hip is 4 months.
He had me on naproxen (low dose) at 3 weeks post op with first hip which I took until second surgery.
 
oh bummer BeBe....bursitis and ITB are irritatingly difficult to get rid of! I'd hoped that my iTB pain at the knee would miraculously disappear with this last op, but it's still hanging around (yes, I believe in fairies too :heehee::sigh:) Reckon we joint replacement warriors are singlehandedly keeping physios/PTs in employment! Hope you can get some relief soon....seems such a long time since that first hip was done.....far too long for you still to be in that sort of pain :sad:
 
I think that you would be fine to try to see if anti-inflammatory will help this far out.
Hope you can get some relief!
Wish I could find an osteopath in my area as I have some SI joint pain that I would like to see if therapy could help with but don't want just anyone monkeying with my hips!
Haven't found one yet but please let us know how that goes!
Have a good week @BeBe
 
I've never been to an osteopath but want to do some research on that. You've spiked my curiosity.
I've been on a quest to find an internist I like over the past several years. I had one I loved above all others and she stepped away to raise a child, next one re-located, next became a hospitalist and so on. So frustrating :hairpulling:
I only ever had male doctors my entire life, but once I started seeing women, I don't care to go back to a male. Nothing against men, there is just a different more relatable comfort level involved.

I sure hope you find someone who can help you obtain relief, dear BeBe.
Please stay in touch, we're here and we care.
Hugs and warm wishes for good week.
@BeBe
 
Where's the BeBe?
Missing you, wondering how you're doing. Making any headway?
I hope you have a nice weekend! :friends:
@BeBe
 
{{{ @Layla @Mojo333 @anny }}} and anyone else who wanders by BeBeland.

Stopped the chiropractor as he didn't want to adjust low back- only use the muscle scraping grafton technique which was not helpful for the ITBand issues.
I chose to start up with naproxen (Aleve) again. Just really could not tolerate the pain levels
despite 3 gms of Tylenol daily. Was still having spiking 6-7 out of 10 pain which settled to 3-4 with Aleve

For past 2weeks I have been fostering a rescue puppy for my daughter. Anyone want a puppy? I'll deliver.
This has kept me active but not overdoing. Which I am careful of actually. Lots of WeeWee walks...

My daughter was home today to take over puppy and I decided to try
a little weeding in the garden. It's a rock garden and I can stand or sit to weed.
All went well until while standing leaning forward I slipped my right leg back and badly
hyperextended I guess my still inflamed R hip. The sore Psoas muscle pulled badly. Just sharp and hot.
I cried.
Only my BeBe was with me. And my phone.
Yes stupid.
Yes I'm icing. Now R leg feels weak and painful with weight bearing and psoas muscle pain is
overshadowing IT bursitis and SI joint, which are still vying for top billing.
My surgeon will say:
Rest
Ice
Aleve
I'll see you in a year.

I'm open to prayer and suggestions?
My gardening is my mental health outlet but at this point I have to abandon.
I might add this is all the first hip. Second hip laughs at first hip...
 
I'm so sorry, BeBe - I can't imagine you abandoning your garden, and the fact that you'd mention it indicates how low you must be feeling right now! Please don't give up hope - in the dark times, that's all we have sometimes.

I know this is going to sound like I'm being facetious, but have you thought about bonsai?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom