TKR Back for the LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lauramacky

I can almost feel the frustration in your post and your disappointment.

That is the purpose of this site to tell it like it is for each of us - the good, the bad & the ugly.
We've all been there and can understand and are here to support you.

Cathie
 
@Lauramacky I am so sorry I haven't been on your thread, I wasn't getting my alerts! I hope your back quits bothering you. I fully understand the emotions, and most men don't know how to handle them. I hope you are feeling better now! Sometimes you just have to give yourself permission to cry and not feel bad about doing it.
Frustration is a big issue with a lot of people with TKRs.
 
@marmora, @tiredwife thank you both for your warm compassion. It's really hard for me sometimes as I'm very tired of health issues ok is the meds really get me down. The good news is I just got back from PT and I felt they are very good and don't push me to the point of screaming. They got my knee almost straight and worked in stretching my hamstrings three different ways because they are very tight. They also worked on mobilization but very gently. I got on the bike and made a revolution! Actually I was on it for three minutes. :). They said it's not about how fast or hard....just the fact that I'm making the revolutions is enough. It was the first time I made a revolution. I have a bike here and was using it to increase my flexion by almost making a revolution and holding it. They were pleasantly surprised to see I could make it all the way around and so was I.

I'm feeling a bit more encouraged. I eliminated the OxyContin that I was taking at night and am just now taking the Percosets. I have this other medication I'd like to start taking once I can handle reducing the opiates. Ugh...I hate these meds! They mess with my emotions.

I really REALLY appreciate the both of you very much. It felt good to know people care. :). Thank you.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@tiredwife yeah percoset plus OxyContin at night is just too much. Ugh! Glad I took the OxyContin out of the mix. My back feels better thank you. I finally slept decently last night. I set my alarm a few times to take my meds and went right back to sleep each time. Hopefully it stays like this! Thank you. :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky

Yes, taking the OxyContin off your medication list appears to be good for you.
:bicycle1:
Congratulations on the revolution !

Your PTs and their philosophy seems to mirror the BoneSmart way .

Here's to another good night's sleep.

Cathie
 
Congratulations on getting your first revolution! :yes!:
 
@Lovestoread @kneeper @tiredwife I enjoyed the sunshine until a pesky fly wouldn't leave me alone LOL. Hubby mad dinner for me and I hopped on my recumbent to see if I could make some revolutions and I could! The bike isn't on yet so I'm doing zero resistance but I'm happy I can go around front and backward. I'm in bed again with ice and elevating. I hope you all have a good night!
 
I absolutely have found those little no resistance revolutions to be the best thing when a knee gets sticky. Its good to read that you are feeling better. Hope the meds stay straightened out. With this knee I determined really early that with some narcotics the cure is worse than the disease.
 
@Lauramacky Good morning, sounds like you are doing better. Just take it one day at a time. Yippie for being able to do a full revolution on your bike! You are improving!
 
@jeano I'm glad I removed one of my medications. This morning I feel a little less foggy. Thank goodness! I still set my alarm in the middle of the night to take the percoset though. It really helps me get through the night by minimizing the pain.

@tiredwife Yes! i am improving, thank you. Hurray :) I've just been struggling with the fibro on top of everything so it gets hard sometimes. But I can see myself slowly doing more. I hope you have a great morning!
 
Good morning everyone! Last night I slept pretty good! I'm just about ready to get up and start my day with a shower and my exercises then back to elevating. I'm getting into a routine here. It's a gorgeous day but will probably be too warm to sit out on our lovely deck.

I posted a new pic to my photo site. It's a tiny fuschia. I had taken this pic about six weeks ago or so with my new macro lens but never posted it. This fuschia is only about one inch long and is rooted in the ground and not in a hanging basket. The leaves are white and green. I've never seen anything like this actually. It's so teeny tiny and I thought so cute with it's vibrant colors. And by the way...I post these ONLY as fun and absolutely NOT to sell these images. I'm not promoting myself...just sharing my art because it keeps me positive.

broken link removed: https://www.lauramacky.com/Galleries/Things-That-Grow/i-wjTLfm4/A
 
@Lauramacky got to love a macro lens, it brings to light all the tiny things we don't pay attention to. I checked out the new photo - very nice! You have a great day!
 
@tiredwife thank you! I hope you have a good day as well and I'm glad you enjoyed the tiny fuschia. I love the macro lens...you're right, there is a whole tiny world waiting to be discovered. :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom