@Lauramacky Think of all the cool photos you can get! You will have to let us see more! When I had my old Pentax camera I had a macro lens, loved it. I took one of the underside of a mushroom that turned out pretty good.
@Lauramacky Darn, because of you I am craving a better camera now! Oh well, pay of hubby's surgeries first, and the camper. It will come. Think of all the neat bug photos you can do! I have also seen some really good photos of close ups of eye irises. So many possibilities. When we lived in California I had a friend and her and I would take off for a whole day just taking photos. Loved it.
The cravings never end @tiredwife! I keep saying I don't need more lenses but then I get into something else and realize how there are better lenses than what I started out with. Slowly I've been replacing them. My next lens I'd love to get is a 17-55mm 2.8. That's such a great landscape lens...and for other things too. Then I'd like to get a 500mm wildlife lens. The longest lens I have is a 300mm and that's really not a wildlife lens. It's a great lens but not long enough, and with our back deck and going to the ocean, I'd love to have a wildlife lens to get some great shots of birds! Yes I'm addicted. So a camper eh? We thought about renting a motorhome and going across the country to see national parks plus go to some neat baseball fields. We LOVE baseball. Go Giants! :P
@Lauramacky We got a camper and in a couple of years we will sale our house and take a very slow trip out to Oregon to retire on the coast. We will be traveling with our 4 house cats, so we will only go around 200 miles a day and spend two nights at each camp ground. I would like to have a nice camera by then. In college I took photography and loved working in the dark room, with computers and modern cameras you can even do more amazing things. You have a great day!
That sounds fun. Where are you? Oregon is nice. A camera would be a must making a trip like that! Think of the memories you'd have and beautiful images. Have a great day too!
@Lauramacky We are about 60 miles east of Kansas City Missouri. We fell in love with the Oregon coast one time while passing through. Although my fuji fun pix camera is okay, I would really like a good camera again. I think that would be a good reason to get one.
@tiredwife morning . Just got back from PT. I had to ask him if it was normal to not do very much. This was after he kept saying if I had any questions to just ask. Well I did....he talks 50% of the time when he could be working on my scar or showing me stretches, etc. My last PT made the most of every minute I was there. I'm kind of wondering if I should switch.
I woke up at two a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. So I'm going to wait for one more session before I make a decision. I'm only at a 10 straight and 105 bend. He said that's good for only one month out but I don't know. I don't feel as confident with this guy because of all his chattering and no work. lol. But it could be my lack of sleep.
@Lauramacky Usually hubby starts on the semirecumbant bike 6 to 10 minutes, steps on a wedge and leans into the wall 30 seconds 3 times. Then stretching on the practice stairs, and walking up and down the stairs. Slide down the wall with a ball between his knees about 10 times, walks the little track for 6 minutes. Now they have him going up and down a ladder to get him ready for work. They throw in a few other exercises once in a while. You can let your PT talk, just do your thing while he talks, you don't have to wait on him. Start with the bike though because it loosens the knee up some.
@tiredwife omg... He does a lot! There is no way I could do that much even next week. Mostly because I have fibromyalgia and also my muscle tone in my legs isn't the best. He did say that I was doing on the good side of things as far as measurements and all that. I just hope that it's true LOL. I just turned on the TV and there is a dog show on.... Makes me smile!
@Lauramacky Hubby had really strong legs before the surgeries, it made a big difference. I think if you can do a few minutes on the bike and walking up and down the steps a couple of times and do some stretches and bends you would do fine. You just need to go ahead and do something while the PT is yapping.
@tiredwife oh your hubby is so lucky! I fear I will be at this for awhile. And maybe my PT is right the way he's handling things. I'm so sore today and he barely did anything to me. Oh well....hopefully in a couple months I'll be better.
I'm not quite sure what to do. Im beside myself with pain. My fibro has kicked in big time. I'm medicated properly and am scheduled but it's not even the knee. It's everything else. My body is so hyper sensitive I'm just miserable. By here are times I wonder why I'm even on the planet to tell you the truth. Time to listen to my podcasts. Sorry I'm not the cheery voice. I'm normally an upbeat person but I feel like I'm in hell on earth :(
I hear you on the fibro. I swear my muscles were worse than the knee in some ways for the first month. 105 is great bend for 4 weeks. Just do a few exercises every day and get as much rest and ice as you can. I used the heating pad a lot on my back and leg muscles (away from the knee) too.
@kneeper oh I'm sorry to hear you have fibro too. :( I hear you on the muscles. It is just horrible! I do the exact same thing with the heating pad. And definitely away from the knee. And you're right, the fibro is worse than the knee most of the time!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.