@marmora thank you! I have a little bit of an issue with my back yesterday but it seems to have settled down today. And I've noticed I seem to be getting a little better in all that I do in general. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend as well. Thank you for your concern!
@patient 99 thank you for asking. I'm doing pretty well today. I had a little issue with my back last night but it seems to be a bit better today. I think it's because of all these awkward positions I get into in order to elevate my leg! Hope you are doing well too!
@patient 99 i'm doing well today thank you! I think I tried to reply to this comment in another thread by mistake. Whoops lol. Sometimes working with the iPad can be a real pain. I had a little issue with my back last night but it seems to be a little bit better today so that's good. It also seems that I'm doing just a tiny bit more than I did the day before and the day before that, so things are definitely improving. How are you?
@Lauramacky Hubby's hips and back hurt sometimes from sleeping in the recliner throughout the day. He actually spent most of last night in our bed with me. He had a knot in his back I was able to rub out. I made him take a Benadryl and he slept for about 5 hours, waking up once for pain meds. His knee always hurts worse after he has laid or sat still for a long period of time. Then he has to walk it out. Glad you are feeling better!
It sounds like you are making improvements. My back was really sore too early on. You can't move around very well and then with the elevating the back can get a bit
How are the new pain meds working for you? I've learned here they are so individual.
For some people one keeps them awake but knocks out someone else. One makes one person emotional and another not. And then we're just about *all* emotional at one point or another regardless.
@tiredwife and @kneeper. I've thought of Benadryl but I'm already taking a cocktail of meds and I don't dare add another one into the mix.
Morning seems to be infinitely better. Evenings are hard. I can only imagine when regular PT starts! Oy!
I haven't taken the new meds yet. I'm going to try to start including them in my menu of pills tomorrow by replacing one existing Percocet with a new one and see how it goes.
I took some pics the other day and say at the computer to process them today. I was happy working on them. That was fun and took my mins odd things for about three hours. Yay
I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for your support
Hope you are having a Happy Monday - start of a new week and take one step at a time, it is a slow road, but you are not alone on this journey. The BoneSmarties are walking along beside you.
@tiredwife I just posted my link under the crafters thread. Thank you for asking me about it and for the compliment! I love it so much!! Now off to see that thread in more detail. . Oh, and good morning!!
Hi Laura, sorry for the delay in replying. I didn't get your alert. Pleased that you seem to be back on an even keel. Have to say, I preferred your previous avatar - yours is such a pretty face.
I love the photo you posted in the crafters' thread! I'm thinking I might take up crochet again for my upcoming recovery.
PS: About your first knee clunking - my TKR is 2 years 9 months old and it still clunks. So does Josephine's and hers is even older than mine. My OS has checked it and there is nothing wrong with it. While clunking can be an indicator that something is wrong, often it isn't. Ask your OS about it next time you see him.
@Celle. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I had to get my meds settled and I feel better now. I was pretty miserable and I finally realized I need the strong ones because I have fibromyalgia too which makes recovery very painful. My first PT is today! I need to be medicated lol.
I asked the OS about it and he said that there is nothing wrong with the implant after having another set of X-rays which he took and showed me. He said the swelling could be some irritation around the implant and they could go in and remove that but my instinct says NO. I think it's just how I am with my fibro. I swell and everything irritates my skin. I'm ultra sensitive and another surgery on that knee is just out of the question unless it gets worse.
He suggests I wait to rehab the current TKR to see if perhaps that helps take some weight off the other knee. It could be that I've been depending on the replaced knee because my left one was bad. Sounds reasonable
I hope you're doing well! Thank you for your response and again sorry for the delayed reply!
@tiredwife most definitely...thank you for the reminder. All my other appointments will be earlier in the day except this one. Thank goodness! I am hoping this place will be as good as the last one I went to. I will know within a few sessions and if it's not, I will go back to the other place even though it's farther away.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.