TKR Back for the LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife thank you for remembering and for the good wishes! I'm back and everything seems to be fine. I got my dressing off and my scar is lumpy but I guess that's normal...my last one was lumpy too. It feels good to get that dressing off! They also are prescribing me something else other than Percocet and said that it's not uncommon to feel emotional on that drug. My hubby is our getting it filled. :)

I'm resting today...no exercises. I didn't sleep so well so I'm going to rest up today. Plenty of recorded shows on to keep me busy!

Thank you again for checking. :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@marmora my doc is prescribing something else and said that people often get emotional on Percocet. I forget the name of the drug they are giving me but it's not as strong however it shouldn't have that emotional impact on me. They suggest I try to work it into my existing schedule and go slowly so I still get pain relief. My hubby is out getting it filled. :)

Yes that methane thing was funny eh? The touch screen devices come up with the weirdest words sometimes!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky Glad all went well, and hope the new drug does the job for you! Most scars are lumpy for a little while. At the OS office they said it was because it had been swollen and is going down. The skin is kind of stretched and released. It will go back to normal. Have a good afternoon. Get some rest!
 
@tiredwife thanks much, and thanks for letting me know about the lumps lol. I figured it was fine because the nurse practitioner I saw (and have seen for years) said it looked great but doesn't usually look great to the patients haha.

I have my last in home PT tomorrow. I'm really stiff today. Just relaxing after having done only one set of exercises today. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to when I'm off the meds so in can have a margarita? LOL


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky
Hope the change in medications work for you.
Margarita time sounds good - mine would be a Tall Gin & Tonic over lots of ice !

Take care,
Cathie
 
I'm gone from this board. I do not obviously know how to nurture. That happens sometimes when someone hasn't had children and has had a screwed up life like I have. I hope everyone's recovery goes well.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky
Hi, I am not sure what you meant in your recent post, about being gone from this board.

Your LTKR was on 12 August 2014, only 17 days ago.

:what: Cathie
 
@Lauramacky

I hope you won't be gone from this board. We'd miss you!

Did someone say something that upset you? Sometimes things look different in print from what the writer intended, as we can't see their face and listen to the tone of their voice.

You're a valuable member of BoneSmart, so please stick around. We care what happens to you. :friends:
 
Sorry everyone for my ultra-sensitivity right now. :( These meds are really doing a number on my emotions. My husband asked me what was wrong and I said I didn't know and that I just wanted to cry. Ugh! I appreciate those of you who reached out both here and via messages. It really means a lot to me. Between the knee, the meds, my fibro and hot flashes...sheesh!

My knee is feeling better today though. My last in home physical therapy appointment was today and I seem to be on track. My extension measured 8° today so I was really happy about that since that's what I struggle with most. I start out patient on the 4th.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lauramacky So very relieved to see you back! You had me worried! Glad your knee is better today! 8 isn't bad at all! Hubby starts his outpatient PT the 2nd. Don't let your PT bully you!
 
@tiredwife thank you :). I started off at 15 so I'm happy with 8. Last knee was really hard to get straight. I think it was two months and I was still at 15-12! And no, I definitely won't let my PT bully me. I feel better not forcing things so much. Once I backed off all those exercises and went to once a day, I feel so much better. One set of exercises does not fit all!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom