THR Back again! this time for a LTHR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get some confidence about a better plan for the children the 2nd time around....
Since you have been through it once, now you know how to better prepare. I have confidence that it will go much smoother for you the second time around.

You are younger than I am and we are too young to just sit on the side lines and act like we are 80, even though there are days when my body does feel 80! :heehee:
 
8 more days until surgery! Last night was a difficult night, I felt so well before I went to bed, I didn't take any pain meds. I wont do that again! Tossed and turned and up several times because of the pain. :mcoffee:
 
Hi @Popcorn1234 fellow Michigander! - My surgeon is Dr. Michael Mott he is out of Henry Ford Downtown, he also works out of Henry Ford West Bloomfield.

I read you original thread back when you had your first hip replacement, so sorry you had so much trouble. I also see you are back after having an injection and needing the other hip and a knee done.

I had my first hip replaced the same year you did and I had my knee replaced in 2012. I am having issues with my ROM on my knee so while the surgeon is doing the hip replacement he is going to do a manipulation to hopefully break up some scare tissue.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my last weekend before my surgery on Thursday, I feel like I need to do a bunch of stuff to prepare. I think I have everything done that needs to get done. The motivation to do the physical things that my mind wants to do is overturned by hip, Lol!
 
I saw my surgeon for my pre-op appointment. Surgery is this Thursday, even though I have been through it 2 times before, I am still anxious.
In the short almost three years between my last hip replacement and this hip replacement, they have changed a few things, such as the type of blood thinner after surgery. They do aspirin now, I am really happy about that, I really disliked having to give myself injections. The nurse also said there would be 2 weeks of in home therapy and most likely there would not be any out patient therapy. Mostly cause the hip doesn't need as much therapy and of course the insurance companies trying to keep their costs down. I am also happy about that change as well.

Well I'm off to take care of some things, Happy Monday everyone!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the waiting is the hardest part of it all and the last few days leading up to surgery. I can only take Tylenol and my hip has been hurting so much more the past two days. Only 2 more full days and 3 nights before surgery, I can do this!
 
@sunsetbiking Good luck on your surgery. It will so be worth it on the other side. I was in more pain a few days prior to my surgery as well. But the night before, I was good.
Looking forward to reading your recovery thread!
 
I'm sure you have everything under control - just try and relax now and look ahead to better times. You're nearly at your goal now :flwrysmile:
 
@sunsetbiking good luck tomorrow. You will be just fine. Just think, tomorrow at this time you will be in recovery and one the road to getting your life back. Prayers coming your way':prayer::angel:
 
Good luck @sunsetbiking!

Soon you will be recovering and telling us all how it's done!


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom