sunsetbiking
senior
- Joined
- Sep 10, 2013
- Messages
- 318
- Age
- 59
- Location
- Detroit Area - Michigan
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
@Hip Hip Hooray! my left leg had a LTKR in 2012 and I have had issues with ROM and not being able to bend this knee on and off for 4 years. I have done PT several times for this knee. Before I had my LTHR this leg felt like it needed to be stretched so bad and I felt if I could just bend my knee that feeling would go away. While I was under the OS did a mild manipulation of the knee and got it to bend to 90 degrees, I did have some extra pain after surgery.
I do feel like I am getting better and during the day I am able to do some house work and I only take my oxycodone before bed. I do ice during the day and at night. I really do think the extra pain at night is because of my limited range of motion in my knee and not being able to stretch the muscles.
I do go back to the surgeon on the 16th and I will discuss this issue with him again if it's still an issue, I am really hoping this will resolve itself.
I do feel like I am getting better and during the day I am able to do some house work and I only take my oxycodone before bed. I do ice during the day and at night. I really do think the extra pain at night is because of my limited range of motion in my knee and not being able to stretch the muscles.
I do go back to the surgeon on the 16th and I will discuss this issue with him again if it's still an issue, I am really hoping this will resolve itself.