Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Half of them are lying.
Half the other half are exaggerating.
With the exception of a few who have meteoric recoveries believe me you are in the right zone.
I still find "long" walks somewhat challenging but I am happy for the things I now can do.
Never mind anyone else.
Well done you.
Joe......
 
Since I woke at 4:15 Am for no good reason-I read through your whole thread-you have been through quit a lot this year! I agree with Irish Joe. You have two hips recovering-time takes time.

I had my lthr 14 months ago and feel I should be further, but I have a right hip going south. Also at 62 I won’t do the same as others. However, I can work everyday, clean the house when I care to. And let’s face it, at least in U.S.-most people don’t walk as much as us with hip replacements!

Don’t compare yourself to others-just work on your own recovery! Love reading your posts!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good morning, @MyAussieGirl ! I’m sure you’ve read enough posts on here to know we should NEVER, EVER compare our recoveries to someone else’s as we are all different and we were all in different stages of OA when we had our surgeries so recoveries are going to be all over the place. Being able to walk a mile at only a month out sounds pretty darn good to me. Plus I bet it is more than a mile on those days you go out shopping and checking out everything in the stores :heehee: Don’t forget to add that mileage on there, too! Keep in mind that this is your second replacement in the last few months so that makes a difference.

It is nice you have a fireplace for those cold evenings. Fireplaces don’t do well to heat the whole house but they sure feel good when you sit in front of them! I don’t think we’ve ever had a fireplace but we’ve had a wood stove and that is great heat, too. A bit messy and extra work lugging wood but so very warm. We’ve also had a pellet stove and those are just as warm as the wood stove but less messy. Still extra work but nice and toasty. Enjoy your weekend and stay warm!!
 
:hi:Hi @MyAussieGirl
You're right, we aren't supposed to compare. We all recover at different rates, for different reasons.
Are you taking into consideration the fact that YOU had two major surgeries within 5 months?!!
Walking a mile in addition to all the running around you and hubby seem to due on a daily basis, plus stuff around the house should be enough exercise at only 5 1/2 weeks post op.
When you read this, hopefully your mood and soreness are both gone after a good sleep.
Today is church day when I know you busy yourself with switching out your handbag,
curling your hair and picking out a pretty outfit. Then off to church where you get / give
some love to all of your supporters there.
Today will be great! :loveshwr:
 
About to get ready for our last donation pickup for food bank for the week. Hopefully all volunteers will show up as I'm planning on supervising only. Got some worrying aches...need a break.
They just turned up the peanuts at my sisters house and the fields smell like yummy peanuts and damp brown dirt. Like planting flowers, love that fresh dirt smell. Love to have a perfume that smells like,fresh dirt, lol.
Will get some for parching and see if they turned up any Indian artifacts in the process...oops! Walking in fresh plowed dirt not exactly like giving legs/hips a break. We will see.
Hope your day is as sweet as you are, MAG.
 
I am bummed I know you'll tell me I should not compare but some people who had surgery around the same time or later are doing so well they bike ...walk miles.... I walk about a mile plus and do errands and housewife stuff. I feel like I am failing... I am sore today and a bit down with me
No, please don't compare yourself to others. Each of us are unique and you are doing awesome in my books. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks @Irish Joe I LOVED your post and loled. It made me lol as once I told my family doctor I didn't get how people I talk to at McDonald's we're eating cookies sundaes etc...they were diabetic too and had great test results...me I sit and peel breading off chicken McNuggets and my blood sugars were so so. She looked at me and said my name then said...did you ever stop to think they are lying? I didn't and it never hit me some could exaggerate
 
Hugs @MammaT what a sweet person and loon to read my whole thread it's huge. Thank you!!! I agree you're right but I am in aw on some of what they do....still I know don't compare. It has been a crazy busy year. Now not so much. I may ask for PT more for structure and stretch exercises ... you're a doll thank you so much :wave::loveshwr:
 
GrannyC @GrannyC I loled at my shopping I don't know if stop and go walking counts but if it does well 20 miles some days :loll:

I get frustrated I want to be doing all others do and then some...that I am 62, diabetic etc.


I don't know it should matter to me but silly that it is I had hoped hip 2 would be as easy as 1 plus I was in PT ...
Thanks :thankyou::hiking: ... second smiley is just cause he is cute
 
Layla .....ohhhh @Layla wait till later when you read on my church visit.

I know I know don't compare and you're very right...still it's hard thinking big deal I did dishes, wash and made dinner but X rode a bike 10 miles and walked 3 plus did this and that....grrrrr

More later
 
I thought peanuts grew from trees not the ground yummy I love nuts in fact I am one ..... seriously I never knew it's how they come about. Cashews rocks. I love the smell of grass ...dirt's ok but grass newly mown ...mmmmmm !!!! Love you get some rest

@Mojo333
 
Oh I know on one level you're 100 per cent right @cpollock it just frustrated me to no end. Not that I don't want well for them but want more for moi :kittymilk:
 
Finally a note on today. At church I made it just inside the door and I heard Umm Miss... I didn't know it was to me....Thank God Jenna ran up to me said low...I'm going to pull your dress down in back ... OMG!!! Thank God it was a family I feel IS family :heehee:

BTW @GrannyC gotta love my fireplace any method will do but a real fire ohhhh lala
 
Maybe some folks (IJ and your doc) are onto some of these liar, liar pants on fire types.....
We can make up our own stories MAG.....
So today I walked 25 miles, then went on a 4 hour bike ride and topped it off with 50 laps in our indoor pool.
So what did you and Tom do today? :rotfl:
 
You beat me! @MyAussieGirl
For today anyway.....there's always tomorrow!
I'm going nigh, nigh now :sleeep:
Hope you have a good sleep and sweet dreams tonight :loveshwr:
 
I hear you. I'm Four months out and still sore at times. Not bad but I can whine if I want to. Then I read someone's post and they say there one week out. Left the hospital skipping. Have no problem kicking over there Harley Davidson with a dead battery,going skiing tomorrow. And then back to work at the circus trapeze.
:bigfish:
 
I have always been somewhat of a daredevil, risk taker, and have the attention span of a gnat. I know you've heard me say this before, but my X-ray's are framed, looking at me from my bureau. I just figured after all this expense- financial, physical, mental, and emotional...I can give it all time to get as fixed as it can get before pushing so hard.
So much of my aches I believe are a result of body readjusting from the years of bad hips.
As Irish Joe said once, 90% better if that's what it ends up at will be good enough in comparison.
 
Of all the nuts....lol. here's the fields of peanuts. They will send a combine type peanut picker to take them off bushes. Grow like potatoes.
[Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom