Guest viewing is limited

THR AussieMike returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep you are right of course Poppet. If things kept going the way they were I would have insisted on some appropriate action. however, perhaps her decision was wise. I have had a few hours sleep and awoke to find not a need to empty my bladder only. So until I have another bowel movement I will reserve judgement.
 
Sounds like a plan Mike :)

Nite, nite.... Hugs
 
Sat 1:45am I awoke again to a room full of snoring men. Its the only downside of having a shared room. Otherwise I much prefer to have the company and the opportunity to share our experiences.

During my stay here I have made a new friend in David. He's nice guy some 5 years younger than me. We have shared stories of our life experiences and found we had similar challenges over the years. Further I had the opportunity to meet David's wife Cindy and found that they both like the game of cricket. So as have a membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground, I invited them both to join Ronelle and me for an evening at a limited overs game in the new season. Its an opportunity that David would not have otherwise get and in turn my life is enriched by sharing with them their enjoyment of the member's environment and the excitement of the game.

So if you are thinking of taking a private room, which I could have selected, think about the opportunities to meet new people in a shared ward.
 
:umm: .... nah, still rather go for the private room!
 
To each their own Josephine. Call me a risk taker if you will, but I will rather risk being inconvenienced by noisy or inconsiderate people for the chance to meet interesting considerate ones...
 
Well its 5.20am on day five of recovery and my early morning bathroom visit proved that things have not improved and I need to seek some medicine to relive diarrhea. Any suggestions of what I should request?
 
Imodium comes to mind, it is a medication quite frequently prescribed by GP's here in OZ here in OZ. But I am sure the medico's will have something on hand.

I would also ask about getting an electrolyte replacement drink if you have had a severe reaction.. You would be familiar with Gatorade perhaps?

Love that you have made a new friend in David.. There are pluses and minuses sharing a room.. Me, I still prefer my privacy.. Thankfully I was in the land of nod when I was in ICU, hubby tells me it was very busy, people coming and going.. Apparently, I was their longest visitor at that time.
 
Hi Poppet

Yes Imodium was what came to my mind. I suppose the shared ward has been great for me as it has been a smooth sail through recovery. But you my friend had a nightmare run and I can understand why private room or ICU works best in that circumstance.

They tell me the weather for this long weekend is wet and miserable. Do you have plans for this weekend?

Cheers

Mike
 
After a four hour wait, the ambulance transport guys arrived to move me to my rehabilitation hospital called Hunters Hill Private Hospital. So this chapter of my rehabilitation ends with me feeling like I have made good progress. I am able to walk for 10 minutes around the wards using 2 crutches with a normal gait. My pain is under control and I am now every careful to follow the routine of drugs that work for me. My next hospital has a well regarded program including hydrotherapy. See you in my new thread...
 
It's Saturday afternoon and I am settling in at my rehabilitation center. It comes highly recommended as being well administered with a good program including hydrotherapy sessions. So after five days in post op I feel ready to work consistently to achieve the results I want.

It's worth recording here what I am looking to achieve over the next two weeks here.

1. Effective sleep and rest patterns that assist recovery.
2. A good lean diet to support a 1 kg per week weight loss
3. Consistent training efforts in sessions with the trainers
4. Additional sessions where it is sensible to improve strength and flexibility
 
Hi Mike

That is fantastic, another step on your journey of recovery :)

Just a bit of forum housekeeping... We will have to merge the two threads you have now in the post op side, as the forum rule is to only have one, so that we can follow the continuity of a member's recovery...

You won't lose any of your posts from either and as soon as a Mod comes on, it is easy for them to do it - not a problem :) I don't have privileges to do that functionality :)

I have taken the liberty to have the other one merged with this one.. Let us know if you are ok with this thread title going forward......
 
hi Poppet,

The thread title is fine going forward. Sorry to cause the problem in the first place.

Cheers

Mike
 
AussieMike;

You could never be a problem Mike, you are such a delight to have on the forum, I hope you stay awhile :)
 
Thanks Poppet,

I am no hurry to run away. I have been thinking it will be good for me to document my journey for Bonesmart including my return to a good level of cardio-vascular fitness and reaching my target body weight when I am able to exercise more actively. This will of course require me to do things as a sensible role model for the people who come after me. Hope you guys think that would be a worthwhile thing to do.

Mike
 
Hi Mike,

I think that is a fantastic idea!

We would be thrilled and very grateful for the time you would devote to such a task. It would be a great contribution... Already, your pre op list is being shared with members. Thank you..:)

I have tagged Jo :)

Josephine;
 
[Bonesmart.org] AussieMike returns
 
Hi Mike, I used my own recovery thread for the same reason - to track my journey and be able to look back on those days when I thought things were not moving ahead. Glad you are sticking around. It is indeed very helpful for those following you in the process to read your input.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom