Guest viewing is limited

THR AussieMike returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad everything went well. Rest now. Go slow.
 
Hey Tashia

You will be pleased to know my doctor is more conservative than others. So today is just bed exercise and if that is okay just stand up.

Love my ice, love my nurses but most of all I love my angels on Bonesmart.

Mike
 
Sorry Mike, only putting in a 6.75 hr day today... So that does not even cover me, hours wise, let alone you...

Minute to Mike's workplace
Sorry, but Mike won't be at work today.. he is busy having too much fun!
Signed: Anomynous!

Great that your OS is taking it slow.... Slow & steady wins the race with THR recovery.
 
Hey Poppet

You are starting to get my sense of humour!! The email I sent to all staff had a subject line "Mike wil not be in today as he is having breakfast in bed."

So this afternoon it was planned for me to scoot to the edge of the bed and then stand up. Well it didn't go quite as expected. Pain levels for sitting on the edge of the bed were a 9. (Normally I tolerate pain well.) I stood with help of the walking frame and the pain levels when even further. We grabbed a dish as I thought I was going to be sick. The nurse said my face turned grey and I started to shake. We got me down on the bed as quickly as I could.

I asked for ice packs for my left glute and left hip flexor. In addition they gave me 15mg Endone. Forty minutes later the pain is still at a 7. So we determined to just rest for the remainder of the day and try again tomorrow. Pain is coming from the left glute and the left hip flexor.

Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike
 
Hey Mike, welcome to the other side. My thoughts about your pain is it is totally normal. The trick now is to get your pain meds cocktail just right. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right mix. Just keep asking if you are in pain. Staff want you pain controlled just as much as you do! Take care!
 
Mike, Please remember each time you have something done its a new experience. I found that getting pain under control was sometimes a difficult but with the doctors and nurses it was done. Patience is needed and plenty of ice. Once I got the right pain medication I took it around the clock. I'm sure you have already heard this but it is so important. I do hope you get lots of sleep. Take care. Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Hey there Mike, great to read your recovery is going smoothly. You sound very bright and bubbly 24hrs after surgery, wonderful. I look forward to reading of your progress and with such a good start I have a feeling it will be smooth sailing, you have such a positive attitude and great sense of humour.
cheers Sue
 
Day Two Post Op

My OS increased my pain management medicine (Endone) to 15mg per dose. It does provide me with some restful sleep. Latter in the morning, I will attempt to sit on the side of the bed and if I can handle the pain, the PT will assist me to stand up. So will what the day brings


Mike
 
Glad to hear you made it through o.k. Mike. I too had nausea after the surgery - I could handle everything else but the nausea. If it keeps up - try and eat crackers before any meds - it helped me. Good luck to you!
 
Mike, there will be NO PAIN when you stand up. Remember? the OA is now toast!
 
Thanks Josephine. I agree the OA is toast and I had it for breakfast. Will be up and about very soon. Looking to have a shave and shower then dress in my designer PJ's. It going to be a great day!!
 
Mike, I was hoping to hear that you are in no pain. That is so important. Please insist on it. I hope to hear that it is under control. :console2: Tashia :bicycle1: Tashia off sending healing vibes over internet.
 
What a great day I have had!!

At about 10am I was able to stand and walk with a walking frame for the first time. So I was able shower and shave and dress in my own clothes. I was then able to sit in a chair for lunch with four of my staff joining me for about 30 mins. At 2pm I had a physio session using my walker and doing a few simple stretching exercises. Resting up now with ice

I feel so well informed of what to expect and the important things to do that make the journey easier. Thanks to all the Bonesmart Angels for all that knowledge..
 
Great update Mike! You are doing very well. So glad you are up and about giving that new hip a try!
 
Hiya Mike, so pleased I didnt join you for breakfast.. Not keen on OA on toast! Can you order Kippers for tomorrow please..

Still at work, you know those meetings they love to schedule between 5 & 6 pm!

So thrilled your recovery is going so well... Although, with all us angels in the OR, how could it not!

Hugs
 
I am so glad you are doing so well. And sounds like you have the pain under control. Now remember to get lots of rest. Sleep well. :yes: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Ah great stuff mike, I'm glad all went well..you'll be recovered before you know it x
 
Mike...Great to hear you are up and around. Now you just have to remember not to overdo it! (I am finding it is so easy to do just that!) Melanie
 
Good morning Mike

What time is brekkie at your place ?

Hugs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom