Guest viewing is limited

THR AussieMike returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dear friend, much appreciated.

Just don't be a stranger :)
 
Hi Meatfree,

Thank you. Nice to see you are headed in the right direction too.

Take care

Mike
 
Mike, What a wonderful report. I find it interesting I never was given the socks for any of my surgies. Keep up the good work. Tashia
 
If your OS is anything like my OS, he will say something non committal like, "Good question...everyone is different, let pain be your guide, but of course, you would always want to protect your new hip." I see mine next Thursday. I know that being a surgeon he is just interested in the X-ray. I am kind of irritated with my PT right now who is charging my insurance company an arm and a leg for exercises I can do on my own.

This week I'm still hurting, BUT have been accidentally leaving my cane behind. People keep saying I am walking so much better than I used to. As far as energy levels go, I take supplements to help. I have still been only working 5 hours daily. I worked 5 days last week, but that was too much. Will do 4 this week. I do notice little things improving every day. I walk a lot at work and then I hurt. My hip is just a little one month old, but so much better than the old.

It is hard to work rehab in with work. Rehab is more important, yet work so needy. I do believe that God guides me in my choices and helps me discover priorities.

I am just rambling too, but as an old hippie, I am sure you understand. Cheers and oh, by the way, I've been having an evening cocktail since I got off the blood thinner (Fragmin...injectable)
 
Another bird is flying the nest! All the best to you Mike! Thanks for sharing your journey and for helping others along the way. Stop by once in awhile won't you?
 
Mike I wish the best for you and your recovery. I do hope that you drop back now and then to say "Hi" and to tell us how you are doing. Do remember you still need to go slow and if you do I am sure your body will tell you so. I'm so glad I got to get to know you. Don't stay away too long. Take care and stay safe. Tashia :thankyou:
 
Another bird is flying the nest! All the best to you Mike! Thanks for sharing your journey and for helping others along the way. Stop by once in awhile won't you?

Thanks Jaycey for all your care and support during my rehab. Your sage advice has been of great assistance to me. You Angels do an amazing job and I won't forget you.
 
Mike I wish the best for you and your recovery. I do hope that you drop back now and then to say "Hi" and to tell us how you are doing. Do remember you still need to go slow and if you do I am sure your body will tell you so. I'm so glad I got to get to know you. Don't stay away too long. Take care and stay safe. Tashia :thankyou:

Thank you Tashia. You are an amazingly caring person who has always had a kind supportive word for me. I will drop in to say hi and let you know how things are going. I hope your journey goes from strength to strength.

Mike
 
Best of luck to you Mike! Hope you don't have too many 12 hour days. You will be missed here on Bonesmart.
 
Thanks Catherine. My best wishes to you also. Bonesmart is such an amazing community.
 
Hi Mike, I knew you wouldn't leave us for long my dear friend :angel:
 
Hey Poppet,

I need advice. I went to work yesterday morning feeling off colour. I had only used Panadol from the night before rather than the 5mg Targin that had been my practise. As the morning went on I had a strong headache and felt feverish. I hung in as I had a consultant doing a vital workshop and he needed support. At 1.30pm I went home. Felt terrible all day and night. Is this just co-incidence or perhaps related to not taking Targin and Endone.

Mike
 
Hi Mike, did you stop taking both of them immediately or taper off?
 
Well my understanding is that 5mg is the lowest dose possible. Doses of Endone the day after surgery were 40mg and things have tapered from there. But this was the first time I had stopped them completely.
 
Hi Mike,

Targin has a half life of 3 hours, so each 3 hours the amount of drug in your system in reduced by 50%

Endone has a half life of 3-6 hours, I always work on the upper limit of half life elimination with these drugs because they are so strong. So in the case of Endone it would be 6 hours.

You mentioned that you felt feverish and had a strong headache, yesterday, has that gone today (Friday) ?

I would suggest it is a reaction to ceasing the strong pain meds, I recall when I stopped the oxycontin, I had a similar reaction.

Just make sure you have no temp, but I think it is the two strong meds going through their half life cycle elimination process.

Take it easy buddy.. :)
 
Not at work - very little sleep. Your advice is what I thought was going on. I still felt poorly at 9am and finally took 5mg Targin again. What should I do now?
 
Rest my friend... I think as you are offline, hopefully you are having a nap.

Maybe you are not quite ready to come off the Targin yet... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom