Guest viewing is limited

THR AussieMike returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning my Angels,

Thank you all for the teakettle and advice. Its 8.15am and I am feeling half decent now. I contacted the office and advised them I wont be in. Perhaps its a 24 hour bug. In any case, I will follow orders and rest, drink fluids and go to the doctor if I start to feel any sign of sweating for dizziness.

Thanks again

Mike
 
Oh dear, poor Mike. Well I do hope you still have 24hr 'flu' in Oz, as it's little more than a fond memory in this country. Most last 2-3 weeks over here now. P'raps I should come over and do a little nursing!

[Bonesmart.org] AussieMike returns
 
Hi Mike, just stopping by to see how you are doing. Hope things a progress and you are fighting the bug! Take care!
 
Hiya Mike, typed my message really quickly to you this morning on my iPad .... No idea where the 'teakettle' came from... Blame auto fill, gremlins even though it is turned off.. Or maybe user errror!

Do hope you are feeling better, have been sending you healing vibes all day :)

Hang in there mate, hopefully it is viral and does not turn bacterial.

Hugs
 
Hi Mike, just stopping by to see how you are doing. Hope things a progress and you are fighting the bug! Take care!

Hi Jaycey,

Its been a tough day. I hope I am near the end of this bug now. If not I will be at the GP's in the morning. Thanks for your concern.

Mike
 
Hiya Mike, typed my message really quickly to you this morning on my iPad .... No idea where the 'teakettle' came from... Blame auto fill, gremlins even though it is turned off.. Or maybe user errror!

Do hope you are feeling better, have been sending you healing vibes all day :)

Hang in there mate, hopefully it is viral and does not turn bacterial.

Hugs

Hi Poppet

I liked the teakettle reference. Thought it had to be some south coast expression so I ran with it...

Your healing vibes are helping. Thank you.

Hugs

Mike
 
Oh, I am so pleased you are feeling a little better.

I contracted a urinary tract infection within weeks post surgery.. So I know the concern.. None of us like getting infections when we have a prostheses..

I loved Jo's offer to come down and nurse you :)
 
What can I say Poppet, Jo is just an international treasure. She is welcome anytime.
 
Absolutely, I have been trying to convince Jo to come down under for ages..

Mike, not that you have anything to worry, sounds like a 24 hour virus (I hope).. but here is an article from the library regarding late onset infections.. Worth reading , if you haven't already..

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...tion-also-known-as-late-onset-infection.4868/

Goodnight my friend, I have had a very hard couple of days at work.. Too much sitting, not enough moving.. so early night.. Hugs
 
Evening Mike
hope by now you are feeling much better by now i am due to start back to work next week and as i lok after young children the are very good at spreading bugs. I am lucky as dont seen to catch too many. I must remember to book my flu jab :yikes:
Take care
:angel:
 
Good morning Millie

Thanks for checking in on me. Congratulations on the results of your 6 week checkup. I am looking forward to mine next week. Like you I am not one to catch bugs at my place of work. This year the level of illness in my office has been unusually high. In any case, as per normal for me I do recover very quickly from these things. Whilst a little tired I am feeling much better today and will return to the workplace.

Do get that flu jab if it normally works for you. We offer it for free to our staff and about half of those who take advantage of this end up with the flu. Best of luck with your physio work. Could you keep me informed on how it goes as I am considering if it is something I should opt for?

Kind regards

Mike
 
To all those Bonesmart Angels located on the US east coast, or have friends and family there, my heart goes out to you. I cannot imagine the city of New York in darkness and without a subway system.

The pictures of destruction from the island nation of Haiti are just shocking. For the poorest nation on earth to recover from this will take a long, long time. It would be nice to think that the US cruise ship companies who profit from visiting Port au Prince will open their hearts and wallets to them.
 
Hi Mike.
We are offered the flu jab free from our GP. You have to be in certain groups to qualify. As i look after young children and have Hip replacements i fall into 2 group. I have always had it and so far have never had flu.
However a friend of mine had the jab and has ended up in bed with a diffrent strain for 3 weeks.
Not sure when Physio will start or for how long but will keep you updated.
We are lucky as get all the treatment paid for under the NHS so dont have to worry about the bills mounting up for treatment we have :)
 
Today marks 5 weeks post op. I notice that the pain that I feel now is quite different from two weeks ago. The incision pain is all but gone. I am not conscious of the incision when I sit on a firm chair. The groin pain is gone. I found that the solution to groin pain is to simply walk more. The same can be said for the pain in the abductor muscle (inside leg) and the IT band (outside thigh). Walking fixes a lot of stuff.

What walking hasn't fixed is the tightness in the lower back and the referred pain in the lower leg. There is a deal more healing to be done I expect before this is behind me. Mind you there is more freedom of movement in my lower back, just not as much as is normal.

What is interesting are the aches and pains I have noticed over the past week. Many people who know me have commented positively on my improved posture. I stand straighter and taller. (This is huge boost to the ego of a short man.) I am also standing with my shoulders back and chest out like it used to be when I was strong and fit. This is causing some aches and pains in my middle back as it adjusts to this new stance. The other thing I notice is a bit of pain in the sternum (breast bone). Now I don't expect many people will have this one. The pain is a stretch of the staples on the inside of the chest insert to close my chest after heart surgery. I have not felt that sensation in over 10 years. All in all, I am liking my new aches and pain as the represent progress and healing...
 
Hi Mike, that balancing of the posture and the way you carry yourself is something that surprises lots of hippies. When we limp around in pain for any length of time things get out of balance. Muscles atrophy and the pelvis tilts. All that is freed up post op. Aches and pains are very common but as you say they are a sign things are settling to a balanced state.

Hope you kicked that flu bug!
 
Mike, glad you are feeling better from your flu thing. Your mention of the lower backache makes me realize that mine has almost entirely disappeared. It pops up if I sit in certain chairs for too long. Trial and error to find which chairs, but once I know, I either avoid them, or get up to stretch more frequently, or use a cushion to see if it helps. I was having a lot of backache around 4-10 weeks....definitely has eased off in weeks 11-16. If you do start some physio, that should help too.

Sharon
 
Glad the bug was just a short nasty one and you've not been laid low for weeks. I had another PT assessment today and they are going to work on my gluts as they have gone very weak all the effort is being done by my back and thighs years of lugging heavy dive equipment means my back is strong so I've not had aches as such just stiffness. I now ache in my gluts as the PT worked the muscles I had forgotten about. I am also taller by almost an inch (one of the reasons in my case they wanted to do bilateral) but because I'm also walking upright it feels a huge difference to before.
 
Hi Mike, Friday evening... I have been keeping watch and haven't seen a post from you for a couple of days, so was concerned... How are you going buddy?

Hugs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom