Guest viewing is limited

TKR Aug 20 hard work.

Has anyone had dental work done before the 3 months were up.? I am having problem with a tooth and iam only 7 weeks. They say you should at least wait 3 months before seeing a dentist. Anyone know?
 
Yes, I talked to my orthopedic surgeon, told him what needs to be done, and asked him how he wants it handled. He told me how and when to proceed from there.
 
Did he tell you that you could or wait till the 3 months
 
Did he tell you that you could or wait till the 3 months
I have an appointment on Monday to get my teeth cleaned and a filling replaced that fell out the day after surgery. I have these procedures cleared both with my OS and my dentist. I am going to wait for the rest. Have you talked to your OS about it? My dentist required that. He will be giving me a big dose of antibiotics.

Getting dental work done during these early weeks was a Big Deal to my OS. He very much wanted and needed to know about my dental problems and to be involved in the decision making about them.
 
Last edited:
I drove today. Yay.not far but I did it. Today is a better day.
:yay::happydance::flwrysmile::wowspring:That's terrific!! For many of us (including me) being able to drive again is such a huge step in returning to normal life. :)

My OS cleared me for driving again on September 30th. Like you, I haven't been driving far, but I have been driving maybe 1-2 miles every day and what a great morale boost!
 
I am probably the only one who wasn’t in any hurry to drive. :heehee: It was 11 weeks before I drove, and that was only because I had to. And I wasn’t crazy about it.

We are all so different!
 
When I was cleared to drive after my first TKR, I was so happy until the day it rained. The rain started while I was doing a quick errand in a store; I came out and deployed my umbrella. Then I got to the car. Trying to get into the driver's side while holding the umbrella and gently hoisting my right leg inside was comical - or perhaps tragic. After multiple attempts with increasingly crazy contortions, I finally made it. The umbrella was a wreck. My hair and clothing were soaked. Glancing at the car to my left, I saw two children laughing uncontrollably. No other choice right then but to join them.
 
I'm so glad driving went well. I'm going to try a short drive myself today. Fingers crossed.
 
Well last night I was a little swollen but glad I could drive.it hurt a little to bend while driving but it will get better. Only went a few miles that’s it.
 
That’s a huge accomplishment! :happydance:
 
Congratulations on conquering foot over foot! I had managed to do this going up the stairs before TKR #2. But now I'm back to the beginning only with a different good and bad foot.
 
Foot over foot is a HUGE accomplishment! Well done!
 
How long does this sensitivity last. I can not wear anything on that knee. Nothing at all.
 
@judgar My first knee had some sensitivity. I was advised to touch it with a variety of textures - I used velvet, smooth cotton, a towel, denim and whatever else I could grab. It was really uncomfortable at first; I could only do it for a few seconds. But slowly I could do it longer and longer until most of the sensitivity was gone.
 
Congrats on the stairs! Another sign of progress. It is easy to feel this recovery is taking forever. Celebrate all those milestones. :egypdance:
 
how often does anyone use the recumbent bike. just rocking back and forth
 
I normally used mine just once a day. Sometimes during the night I'd wait up in pain and get on the bike for only about 5 minutes and the pain lessened enough to go back to sleep. Let your knee be your guide for how often it wants you to use the bike. Your knee is different from anyone else's, so listen to it and not to what others do. You both will be much happier! This whole recovery is an individual one.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom