You can check with OS but I found them very uncomfortable and took them off as soon as I returned home from the hospital. It is controversial whether they help against blood clots or not. If there comfortable then continue wearing them.
My husband noticed that oneof my incision spots is a little open. All the steri strips came off last week. That part is very painful. Should I put a bandaid of it. I just cleaned it and dried it good.
You could put a sterile bandaid over it once it is cleaned and dried. Do not put anything such as a lotion or cream on it though. That includes antibiotic creams.
Unfortunately, we learn the hard way when we've done too much. I had not even gone out of the house at one month. You are so much more active than I was. Please slow down and let your knee heal. We have the activity chart on here, and it's a really good guide. I hope you have a super night and good day tomorrow!
I am struggling to figure out where to post. I am four days postop for tkr. I was in the hospital only two nights. Now I am having a terrible time with the pain meds. I am so sick to my stomach I can not eat or drink anything. It just won't stay down. So therefore I can't take any meds for the pain. I can't even keep Tylenol down. I am so sick with my stomach I can't concentrate on my knee. Please help:(
You need to create your on thread so we all can concentrate on trying to help you. You need to get something for nausea from your doctor. In the meantime have someone get you some anti-motion sickness pills. They helped me a lot, too.
@kathyrose ... our staff has created a recovery thread for you and moved posts to it. This is where you should be posting with your concerns for your TKR. Click on the link in the previous sentence and you will go directly to your new thread.
Also, it will help you to read a little in our How To Use This Forum area (link is under the Help & Info tab at the top of the page) about how to post, start threads and find a thread you'd like to go to.
There are medications for nausea, so call your doctor's office immediately so you can get back on your pain medication. You're going to need it.
Well called the os this morning regarding the pain, to obtain a refill etc. He is not in the office today so I have to wait until tomorrow. Hoping for some relief.
There are 2 doctors there. I told them what the problem was and nurse said that my doctor doesn't come in on Mondays but occasionally stops by. I would hope that they would tell other doctor who works there.
Very frustrated right now. Hurting a tad less than yesterday but that's just a tad
@Bebita I hope your starting to feel better. So many people are so patience, that is something I tend to lack. If I don't feel good I expect answers, think after all we've been thru the least that our OS can do for us is be there or have someone on call to be there when were having issues. Sounds like you haven't felt good for a few days, I hope tomorrow you push to find out why your not feeling good. I'll watch for future postings on how your doing.
Usually far from being patient. So this patient thing is not normal for me. Over the past couple of days I have been having pain in my shin. I don't know if that is part of the healing process or not
You can have pain in your shin. As my OS told me he hammered some metal into that bone so of course it will just for a while. You'll find during your recovery that you will get different aches and pains. It is normal for that to happen.
I know my knee has gone through a lot but I guess that I never really thought this much. Was really hoping that once I hit the 1 month everything would be a lot less painful. Wishful thinking on my part. I know I have to more patience with my healing process but sometimes that is very hard.
It is hard, but if you keep your activity level down and ice/elevate the same amount of time you're up and about the pain should be controllable. At 4 weeks I was back in the hospital with an infection, but before it I was still resting and elevating most of the day. Even at 2 months my knee was unhappy about anytime spent down with my foot on the floor, swelling and pain always followed.
I'm supposed to go back to work in about 16 days to get things ready before the start of the new school year. Hoping I can pull that off.
My husband went to doctor office this morning to pick up refill of my pain medication. Was told as far as swelling or shin pain to just take ibuprofen, ice and elevation. It will get better with time. Seriously, nothing for lack of sleep etc. Doctor doesn't want patients to become dependant on the pain meds. I understandthat but it's not like it's 6 months to a year later and I'm begging for pain medication. It's only a little over a month. My husband picked up the medication as well as some pm Tylenol for evening if needed. I plan on letting doctor have a piece of my mind regarding all of this.
As of right now, leg swollen and stiff feeling. I have ice on it and took some ibuprofen. Hoping to take nap since I was up most of the night.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.