TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

A little confused right now so maybe one of you can assist me. Since my surgery one of the medication I've been taking is oxycodone/acetaminophen 5-325mg. My husband just returned from picking up a refill for me but this time it's a different prescription. This one is for oxycodone 5mg immediate related tabs. Can you please tell me what the difference is with the prescriptions.
 
Is there anything to this immediate release thing on label. Never had these pills before.

So tomorrow it will be 6 weeks since surgery. I decided to attempt a quick trip to Walmart. It went okay and then I felt all flushed and sweating to death. Knew that I had enough so went home. My stamina is just not what it used to be but trying a little at a time.
 
Nancy, baby steps! A little bit at a time.
 
Your stamina will return, but it was one of the last things that returned for me. Even after teaching first grade all day I struggled to swim 3 laps after school was out and that was 8 months after surgery.
 
Make sure that you are eating right before you start to up your activity. Your body needs that to help heal your knee and also to use as energy to do anything else. The new meds just don't have 325mg of Tylenol in them.
 
I'm trying to do baby steps. Just get inpatient. Don't think I push it too much today and my husband was with me as he wouldn't let me go alone. Of course paying for it now. Tomorrow going to try driving in parking lot if I'm up to it.

Suppose to return to work next Thursday, boy that should be a good trick.
 
Baby steps are the way to go. You don't want to take backward steps. I thought there was some way to regain or build my stamina, but I realized it would just take time.
 
Just feels like forever sometimes. Like you can't get to the light at end of tunnel. I think my 6 month old granddaughter will be walking better and before me.
 
It does feel that way sometimes, doesn't it? But just think of how far you've come and you aren't even 2 months out. Taking it in baby steps now pays off in a big way later.
 
@Bebita I hear you on being inpatient and all, I am almost a wk ahead of you and I am hoping in a couple weeks to return to work also. As some of the days go, some days I feel ready others I feel like I am no where near where I need to be yet. But I know from last week, you can make good stride in just a weeks time so I am going to wait till closer to my return to decide if I can get thru a full day or not. I already mentioned to the husband he may be back on cooking supper and stuff as I doubt my energy level will be strong enough to do it all. I've been back driving for a while, and doing most of my household duties and some days I don't get much all done like today, had this catch in my leg, and it seems more swollen so it's elevation and ice for me and hubby is making supper.
 
I'm curious as to what your docs told you about when you could return to work. I wonder how in tune many docs are to the difficulty of recovering from a TKR. Mine did say to request 12 weeks when I wrote my letter to the school board.
 
My doc said I should be okay to go back to work. If I didn't feel up to it he would write me a note keeping me out longer. Don't want to use all my days off as well. I know it's gonna be rough but will give it a shot. I go back to see doc on 23rd of this month which is after I am due to return to work. Keeping fingers crossed.

My knee is swollen off and on everyday so that drives me crazy.
 
I went back at 7 weeks and is very rough, I work 10 hour days, I go in at 6 a.m. I have three ice packs at the office and ice throughout the day, I also bought a ottoman so I can elevate, I have a desk job and try to get up and walk around the office every hour. My knee feels pretty good until around noon, then it starts to swell and get very tight, by the time I get home I am exhausted, I'm very lucky that hubby helps out with dinner, I ice and elevate until bedtime!!!
 
I work from 7:30 -3:30 in the main office of elementary school. I have to purchase some sort of foot stool for my leg while at work. I have a desk job too but do more standing and running around then sitting, I already plan on bringing ice packs with me as well as Tylenol or ibuprofen. My husband has been doing a lot already but I know he will help as much as possible, though he doesn't cook lol.
 
I don't think you'll feel much like cooking in the evening. I'd make a casserole over the weekend and have it for dinner during the week or stop at a drive thru. I had no energy to cook and I went back at 12 weeks, full time 18 weeks.
Your best bet may be a student chair, unless you can find a higher stool to get under your desk.
 
Thanks kerrieb, that's a great idea. He can help me on the weekend to make something that will last a few days. My luck my kids will decide to eat it all so I'll have to let them know.

Besides the fact that my knee is forever swollen and my stamina is next to nothingsome days, I really have not had any type of appetite. I'm just like whatever when it comes to eating. I'll eat but not alot. I know that it affects my stamina as well.
 
When are these scabs going to disappear. The majority of the scabs are gone but there's a section that still has some. My leg is super dry and ashy.

In the beginning of my recovery I had a nice bruise on my ankle. Was told it's normal part of all the healing and stuff. Well it went away for a bit but I just noticed that I once again have the same bruise in the same spot it was before. My husband says it could be a result of when I'm doing stuff or on my leg too much.
 
Question - can someone recommend an over the counter laxative. I have been constipated for the past couple of days. I get sharp pains in stomach. When I attempt to go the bathroom I get very flustered and sweaty feeling like I'm going to throw up yet nothing coming out. Sorry it sounds disgusting.
 
Miralax works very well. You mix it with any liquid( including water) and you usually get overnight results. Try to take stool softeners every day while on the pain meds and make sure you are drinking enough water.
 
Back
Top Bottom