Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

Just an update-- I have an IT Band strain. Doc put me on Celebrex 15mg and gave me some stretches to do.
 
Glad you have a diagnosis and are getting treatment. You’ll be back on track in no time!
 
@Josephine or anyone else that can help!!
Doing mostly fine, but lately when I walk, my knee feels sorta like its loose. It pops out of place when I start to lift it to take a step, then goes back where it belongs when I put weight on it when the foot hits the ground. There is NO pain, just feels strange. What could cause this???
 
What do you mean by it popping out of place?
 
@sistersinhim It feels like when you pull a finger-- how it goes out of place and then snaps back in.. When I lift my leg to take a step, it feels like it goes out of place, and then when I put weight on it, it goes back where it belongs..
 
It could be that your muscles and tendons are still healing and will continue to tighten up. What did your OS say?
 
It could be that your muscles and tendons are still healing and will continue to tighten up. What did your OS say?

from my doc..."This "popping" is likely your kneecap tracking with your femur component of your knee replacement. It is a good sign that this is not painful for you. As your quadriceps (thigh muscle) continues to recover and get stronger these symptoms of popping in and out should get better. Likely just going to take some more time."
 
Ladies and Gentlemen of this wonderful place, I need more advice!!
The hip on my TKR side is now in extreme pain. Does not matter if I am sitting, standing, or laying down, it's painful. It is worse if I stretch my leg to the front or back or side, instead of having it directly under me. It's not the IT band problem I had before, as the pain is not in the same place-- this new pain is directly in the hip joint!!

I did send my OS assistant an email message inquiring, but do not know how fast I will get any response..

Advice, please??
 
I am going to tag @Josephine, our forum director and nurse to address your concerns.
 
What kind of exercises/activities are you doing?
 
The hip on my TKR side is now in extreme pain.
Show me where using this chart

[Bonesmart.org] ArmyVet's recovery thread<<
 
Thanks @Josephine!! I read your link and others, and it sure sounds exactly like what I have... Now to follow those instructions until I see the doc on the 27th..
 
from my doc..."This "popping" is likely your kneecap tracking with your femur component of your knee replacement. It is a good sign that this is not painful for you. As your quadriceps (thigh muscle) continues to recover and get stronger these symptoms of popping in and out should get better. Likely just going to take some more time."
It sounds as if it could be this:
Clicking/clunking knee joint after surgery
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom