Revision TKR ArmyVet's recovery thread<<

I don't get this, and neither do my docs!! I heal extremely fast after the surgery. I get full flexion and extension crazy fast. I stop taking the opioids after 2 weeks. I do what bonesmart has told me- ADL as tolerated.
Recoveries can vary, on the same person, and even on the same leg. You've had this major surgeries 3 years in a row, so your knee will probably need extra time this time around. 3 months is early days, even for most of us who have only had it done once. Full healing takes an average of a year.

Try to relax and let your knee sort itself out. :console2:
 
I don't know where to start today. I'm back on my walker after 5 months. Was having pain on the medial side of my knee and saw the doc, who told me I MAY have sprained my MCL, and put me in a hinged brace again. This was at the beginning of Nov.

Now I can't walk on my knee without screaming!!! I'm not walking much anymore (I had to put my dog down, so no more walking of the dog:bawl:), so other than going out to the car and going grocery shopping, there's pretty much no stress on my knee from walking. I BELIEVE that the new, Stryker Triathlon knee is also LOOSE, just like my first two replacements. I can feel the popping in and out of the implant, and it gets sore almost immediately when I do walk. I am waiting to contact the doctor again, because I don't want him to think I'm going nuts or feeling things that aren't happening. I can feel the looseness in my joint, and it's uncomfortable, to say the least!!!

My situation is different from most, since my ortho is separate from my normal hospital, so I am considering going to my hospital urgent care and skipping my ortho surgeon, who is at another hospital. Being a veteran, I normally get my medical care from the VA, but they sent me to "community care" over 3 years ago due to the backlog with orthopedics. I can still get care at my hospital without going to the other doc/hospital, which is why I am thinking of using the other facility and see if they have other thoughts.

Any thoughts??
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom