Guest viewing is limited

TKR Approximate 2 year update

@macduf387, we will do great surgeries! Enjoy your walks. If they become too painful, cycling can be easier on the knees.
 
Hi wings, glad you enjoyed the bird gala. Amazed you do not have to go back for five years! That is great. I do have a swan photo for you, which I will post tomorrow.
 
@wings , I can't tell you how happy I am that you've had such a smooth recovery!!! :loveshwr:
Were they ever shocked to see me walking across the grass with no aids and no limp.
I'm two months ahead of you and I can assure you, I was not walking on grass with out a limp at 6 weeks!!! I still have a limp at times!! (More often than I would like!) How are you doing with stairs? - or is the "other knee" getting in the way of progress there? I know mine is.. but.. still working on it! :yes:
 
I've not been online much as my next surgery is next Thursday and I know I will have many days of being online tethered to the recliner. I drove 100 miles to our beach house and spent 3 glorious days there:SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:. Our house there has three levels and stairs are a must. I rode my fat tire beach bike:happydance::happydance::happydance:. I lunched each day with friends. I just had a wonderful time. My knee did swell, so I pampered it for a day, icing and elevating and now it is better than ever, just in time to be the strong knee.

Everyone is so different, with recoveries being full spectrum. I have been so fortunate with this recovery and just wish everyone had an experience like mine or even better. I'm hoping this next surgery is the same.

I've had several nights of sleeping 4-5 hours straight. I'm able to roll over without that ache in my knee.

@Braunzie, my left knee is not 100% all the time. I have my moments of limping, especially when I first stand up.

I was able to do some Christmas shopping. Earliest ever for me - the rest will be online.
 
Thanks :) and hope that Florida vacation is full of fun and sunshine :SUNsmile:!
 
Getting it done early will reduce your need to be on your knee after the second TKR. Let's hope and pray the second goes even better.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck tomorrow! See you on the other side.
 
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow! I'm in awe of those who get their knees done in such quick succession!
 
Waiting to see you on the other side. You know a lot more tricks than the last time!
 
Good luck on your surgery. I hope you are able to recover as quickly and easily as you did before!
 
Sending you loads of love and sending your surgeons, nurses, anesthesists, therapists, and Candy Stripers (volunteers) loads and loads of positive mojo, with healing thoughts for all.
 
Thanks for all the thoughts prayers and well wishes! Your support and care mean a lot! I am getting ready to take my last special shower, then it's off to the hospital.
 
At the hospital now, waiting to get IV started and chat with anesthesia. It won't be long now.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom