TKR Approximate 2 year update

Glad to hear you are up and walking on a more stable knee even if due to your "wacky" leg :wink: the leg isn't as straight as you hoped. Remember the mantras and keep us posted. :flwrysmile:
 
catching up on your thread --

wow-- they certainly had your right leg bandaged from top to bottom! I'm sure that the OS did the very best he could for you. And it seems like you're getting good support both at home and here on the board, particularly from people who've been dealing with orthodics, wedges, bicycles, etc. You really are one amazing woman, @wings, never forget that! Those Texas beaches won't know what hit them come summer!
 
Hey Sarah Jane, thanks for stopping by.

Today is one week. One very long week. I'm a good example of how different two knees can be with same patient, same doctor and relative close proximity surgery times.

I can now realize how truly blessed I was with my first surgery and recovery. This one is different and has brought me to tears because of pain and the unknown recovery. I just might have turned a corner today; there might be light at the end of this tunnel. I'm feeling hope and that is so powerful! Bonesmart friends' stories have offered hope. Thank you!

Once again I'm fortunate with my OP PT - strong emotional support, mantras that are the same as Bonesmart. I'm hoping other kneepers are doing well. I just have not felt well enough to be on the forum - but hopefully that is changing. Going to read some threads!

Thanks again for the support and well-wishes!
 
{{{Bless your heart!}}} You've been through a lot. Glad you can finally see s glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel. Just remember, sometimes that tunnel has crooks and turns in it. Your #2 knee really makes you appreciate #1, doesn't it? I wish you sunny days and smooth sailing for the remainder of the week!
 
Hi @wings twin I can't believe it's been a week. I too have had an interesting week I am so glad you are through to the other side and despite the wacky knee I am sure you are going to do great. I am sorry you are having more pain I hope you get that under control soon. It's such a blessing to know that we have so much support on the forum. You rest up now praying the light at the end of the tunnel gets bigger and bigger. Have a great day tomorrow. :flwrysmile::roseshwr:
We will finish on top together. :cheers: Btw I too will find out my Mir results on right knee next week when they take this staples out. Yikes I too may get right knee done before end of the year:flabber::flabber::flabber:
Take care now.
 
@wings - I just realized yesterday I hadn't touched base with you in a while. (Haven't been on BS as much as I used to be.. "life happens".. ) Went to get caught up on your thread, and am sorry your are having some complications you didn't anticipate. Sounds like you're still going to be better off than you were pre-surgery with your knee.. It will just take time to realize that.. Sending you lots of prayers and virtual hugs.. (sorry I haven't "been there" for you in a while.. :sad:) Hang in there, my friend! Feel free to ping me if you want to talk off line.. I would love to be a personal sounding board for you.. Remember.... I'm still looking for the patience ATM! :console2:)
 
Just recently checked back in on Bone Smart. I wanted to say hello to everyone and post an update to my knee recovery thread. For some reason my original thread is locked. My left knee replacement was so easy and just a picture perfect recovery. My right knee was very different. It was a long, difficult recovery, but in the end a very successful knee replacement. Two knees, same surgeon, two months apart -- very different recoveries. The end result, I have two beautifully functioning knees.

As you can see in my signature, I am currently recovering from TRHR. Three years ago, I never thought I would be having so many major surgeries this close together. I am just so thankful joint replacement is available. My left hip is failing as well, but hopefully replacement is months away.

I am looking forward to a bike ride soon! :) My favorite bike recently isn't really a bike, but a low to the ground recumbent tricycle -- so much fun.
 
Welcome back. I'm glad your knees are doing so well.

Best wishes for a successful recovery from your THR.
 
@wings nice to hear you are doing so good! Encouraging to those of us who are early in this journey! Crazy how all replacements are different, like kids!! I also ride a recumbent (2 wheels) but still "bent" and can't wait to be able to ride again! Heck I will be glad to be able to do a full rotation! For now I am trying to be patient and just let things heal!
 
Thanks for coming back and letting us know how good it can be in a couple of years after tkrs!
 
@wings
You'll notice that I have unlocked your original recovery thread and merged this 2-year update with it.
I think your good report at 2 years out will add an encouraging finish to it.

Having only this thread will give a complete history of your recovery, should you ever wish to look back on it.
Thank you for letting us know how well your knees are doing now. I hope your new hip will be as good.
 
@tcdc135
I see your surgery was recent. Be patient, that first rotation will come. I can still remember my excitement when I made a revolution. My PT had me doing reverse/forward rocking. Reverse was easier for me.

Hi Clipless :wave: great seeing you!

Btw, my new hip is awesome!!!! Feels great. Still weak from the surgery, but walking without aids, driving and no pain meds.

It's been a long journey but life is great!
 
Hi Wings!
Great report! I was right there along with you on the first TKR round! All the best for the THR! You'll soon be ready for that bike!
 
Hey Helen,
You're right. We were part of a band of sisters back in 2015. Just caught up on your recovery thread for knee #2. Glad to see you are doing well.

My experience has been the knees just get better and better with time. Mine have reached a point now that I think is perfect. I would have never believed that to be possible following my second TKR.

I looked back at my recovery thread, specifically the photo of my bandaged angled right leg post op. It seemed beyond reasonable expectation to hope for a functioning pain free knee ever.

At the time, I could not bring myself to post on Bone Smart any longer because I did not want to be a negative influence for those considering surgery. It took a year to rehab. I was so disappointed initially because my first knee was such a breeze.

My hip recovery has been very easy, even though I was more functionally disabled with my hip than I was with either knee.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom