Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Hoppy Nanny it's 9 weeks tomorrow, I just had to check the calender ...I keep forgetting, thats not long really. It feels like 6 months since I was at work and had 2 new hips. They are great but my, the aches etc are pretty naff.

I accidently won on ebay a few pedometers, this happened during one of the no sleep nights .... so I am now obsessed with how many steps I am walking. It's been handy as I can tell when I have over done it by the amount of steps. It used to be 2500 in a day, if I did 3000 steps it hurt the next day, now my average is about 3800 and creeping up to 4000, then some days 5000....then I hurt, so cut down. It works out 1.5 miles a day, but this is just walking around the house doing things. I haven't used sticks since week 3, so maybe I did too much a bit too soon, but I wasn't limping, so carried on. I have just stopped using them when I leave the house.

Today, being stubborn, I took the dog out for a 1.5 mile walk and the rest, was again, walking in the house and garden. This is the most I have done in a day, let's hope I don't hurt tonight !!

I didn't do the 3 miles all in one go though, it was a gradual throughout the day mileage, so hopefully I will be ok.

Whoops I have waffled !!

Thanks for your message x
 
Hi @Suzette
Good luck with work tomorrow! Do act confident even if you do not feel it and talk about the problems as short term issues that will soon be gone. Knowing all of the backstabbing going on will make it difficult but you have coped with a lot worse. Wishing you lots of sleep now as the morning will come round soon enough. Lets us know how it goes x
 
Thanks @copsham, it was strange this morning, I was in such a rubbish depressed mood after the OS thing, I took the dog out, and no one was about except us, and...the sun was shining. I thought of you stuck in doors with your foot and hip and then I thought, stuff it, I am not going to sit/stand/walk feeling sorry for myself anymore, there's loads of people worse off , but with a different type of health issue, like @donor friend with cancer.

So now, albeit, a bit sore and achy, (and still awake!!) I am ready to rock and roll at work, I will be confident, I may have to say that I can not drive for 4 hours a day and then stand doing seminars for 6 hours as well, but I will start to try and get back to normal. I am a little concerned that my new work role is covering the North, from Birmingham up to Liverpool and possibly further. The boss doesn't know I know that bit.....

My new shiny hip hinges are fine and my soft tissues will get there in the end...patience is required, of which I have none, and with a bit of help from the chiropractor, hopefully.

I seriously need to get this sleep pattern sorted!!! I do hope you can sleep and that all your bones are healing nicely under that plaster cast and you too can get back to being 'normal'

I will let you know how things go.
Xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Suzette some days a dose of perspective helps.....other days we just gotta muddle through. Perhaps the work folks will surprise you and support you??? I hope that for @Tweefishy as well. If not....carry on with head high and hips moving forward. We love you and send hugs and support! !!
 
@Suzette Hi, Sounds like you're going to do just fine. Sometimes it's good to see what happens face to face than hearing second hand office gossip. Grab that Bull by the Horns and give it a good (Nuggie). Maybe a Leginism! Ha. Remember, You are BI-Bionic!!! Good Luck!
 
It's 6pm Eastern and 11 pm in UK
Sure hope we hear from you ???
On our mind all day, hoping your 1st day back was OK (even said a few prayers for you)
 
Hi everyone :loveshwr: thank you all so much for your messages. It's now nearly 12.30am and I am just trying to wind my brain down.

Week 9
So I took the dog for a walk and then hung around home for a while having toast and marmite and a cup of tea...then off I went. I was very well behaved and did not talk about my hips unless I was specifically asked....which funny enough, no body asked, assume they may have been warned not to......In fact it was a little weird as no one was talking at all !!

It was ok though as I had popped in the week before when the boss wasn't there and saw everyone any way.

Eventually after trying to remember my computer log in I got down to catching up with my work. The boss then asked how things were, so said ok and am going to the chiropractor Friday. That was it for another hour.

Had to change my seat to my pre op one, as found it uncomfortable on a normal office chair.

I was using an ergonomic kneeling seat pre op, which believe it or not was really comfortable, even though you would think there would be too much pressure on the hip joints. So I used it again today and my right hip felt ok

[Bonesmart.org] Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery
So I was only there 2.5 hrs, discused a project with colleagues then was told I would be training nurses and GP's in a prison on how to use their medical records clinical systems, trouble is I don't know the software. Test number one, is how to put across carefully that although I saw the prison software 4 yrs ago. That was ...4 yrs ago and it has been re written since then.... answer, well you can learn it on the job...Gulp. Am seriously hoping I do not have to do this training :gaah:.

So asked if she wanted to discuss my phased return to work and job role and was told no, not today.....then as I was leaving I was told that I can come in when I want to and just to turn up and we would have a chat on Thursday.

I felt a bit hyped up when I left as I had behaved myself, did not show my scars or talk hips and worked solidly for the whole time I was there... I felt I was one step ahead of the 'game' and all went well. I now feel relieved that this first phased bit is over and done with, so we can now move forward ...just need to sort this prison training out so it doesn't look like I am refusing to do something.

Plus going into a male prison is fairly intimidating , so need to be really prepared for that....:yikes:

So @copsham @donor @lalo @Legin and @AndyH99 @Tweefishy @forestje @Michegon thank you again and I was thinking of my BS friends the whole time I was there, sort of lurking in my mind :yay: thank you xoxox

Ps my internet keeps going off :groan:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I love the rose. I am going to use that on my screen, its beautiful. Thank you so much. Xoxo I am so glad its over and I feel comfortable about maybe popping in for a while tomorrow too. Except the apple tree has tonnes of apples on it and I need to get them picked so I can make fresh apple juice....mmmm :wink:

Thank you again loads of love xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How did your meeting go at work? Congrats on 3 miles!!!! Holy cow you are doing great!!!!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Well done @Suzette,
Although nothing happened it sounded quite an ordeal. I would be trying to double guess everything in your work place. Boss not seeing you til thursday - whats the motive? Can go in when you want - what's the motive? I am glad you did so well though.

Careful with those apples - no injuries please! X
 
@Suzette Congrats on getting day 1 over, from what you type it sounds like treating it like just another day at the office was a good approach. The next challenge is showing them that you're eager to get back going and making a difference to the company, that will really make them wonder. You may find the classic line "Whilst I was off I was thinking, have you considered ...." rather useful.

@copsham You're right, a certain amount of analytical cynicism is a very useful thing in such a situation and thinking it through in such a manner can really change the dynamics of a conversation.

Have a great day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad your first day back went well @Suzette
Seems like you've a good strategy in place for coping with it.....hope it continues this way! Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Brilliant report and you are very fortunate to have such thoughtful superiors. I'm sure young will be fine with the prison thingmabob just tell them you know a chap who has haggis and knows how to use it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin For some reason that has given me an attack of the giggles - lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom