TKR Angela’s LTKR Recovery<

4. ROM is 125 and Flexion close to 0
Before I start, this is muddled up.ROM stands for Range of Movement and includes BOTH flexion and extension. So your ROM is 125 degrees flexion and 0 degrees extension or 155/0
 
1. Pain ranges from 3-6. Better when I take meds, worse when I have been sitting (work from home at a desk). No stabbing or throbbing, but aching. Worst pain level is burning and stiffness.
Okay, got that. Hmmm - you're 13 weeks out. That's not good at 13 weeks.
2. Take one in the morning and one in the evening of 5/325 Hydrocodone. (Norco). The script is for 1-2 every six hours or as needed but I have decreased this as its not as awful as it used to be. Also take 200mg Celebrex twice daily.
I suggest you try using Tylenol 1,000mg 4 times a day as 6hrly intervals. It will be much more effective than what you are taking.
3. Slight to no swelling.
Okay
4. ROM is 125 degrees flexion and 0 degrees extension or 155/0
Good - very good!
5. Icing Twice during the day and at night. I leave it on for 60 min or longer at night.
You accomplish little or nothing in 60 minutes. Ice for at least 2 hours2-3 times a day.
6. I elevate in a under desk “hammock” while at my desk for about 30 min at a time about twice during an 8 hour period. Only elevated by recliner chair in the evening but it’s more at my hip level and not really raised up.
Same as before. 30 minutes is pointless.
7. Doing moderate housework, most of the cooking, cleaning and shopping. Pretty active but take time to rest when I get worn out.
Okay


Exercises done at home - 2-3 times a day - I suggest none!
Leg lifts x10 - once you can do these you don't need to do them any more!
Leg slides x10, Flex and point x10, Heel slides x10, Knee bends/stretches x10, Knee flex stretches x10 - these are all variations on flexion exercises and considering your ROM is now 125/0, you have no need to do these any more.

PT is only once every other week now. Only have two more PT appointments likely left according to the therapist - I suggest you stop PT completely.

Bike 6 min - okay
Recumbent Cross Trainer 6 min - not required
Leg presses 3 sets x12 both legs and then one - don's use leg press. It can cause a loosening
Marching on trampoline 1 min, x2 - this is unnecessary
Stair practice with step 3 sets x12 - also this.

I walk dogs 2-3 times a week for 3½ miles - no problem with that!

Summary
1. adjust your pain meds as recommended
2. stop all the exercises - they are what is causing your pain
3. ice and elevate more


If you are concerned about refusing to do therapy, you need to read this Saying no to therapy - am I allowed to?
 
Thanks Josephine. I will try those. Does the exercise explain the sudden onset of numbness spreading across the entire front of the knee and stiffness in the joint where there wasn’t really before? I knew about the numbness that comes from the nerve healing, that could remain or might disappear, but didn’t think it would expand.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Before I start, this is muddled up.ROM stands for Range of Movement and includes BOTH flexion and extension. So your ROM is 125 degrees flexion and 0 degrees extension or 155/0

Thanks for clarifying. I did get them confused.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom