Am I ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Freaky freak great you are so organized ahead of time. Yay!
@chaseyboy we took our tree down today and carried it out. Good grief, I had to get on the ground using a turkey baster to get the remaining water out of the treeholder. Oh I hurt getting up. Whew!
@Dmcfad2 I so agree with you on seeing your reflection in the store window..... I couldn't believe how hunched over I am when I walk. Just didn't realize at all. Yuck!
 
Freaky freak...You certainly have your plate full. So many details to all of this. I hope your son has a speedy recovery. My son was over for dinner tonite. He keeps saying so are you doing this Mom...I reply yes...well when he says... already knowing the date..he just wants me to say it..lol March 10 I say...so then he says and? We all just laughed. I say the date but i'm nervous when I say it....Still seems like its sooo far away, yet I know its not....On top of that the day the day of your surgery I have to have 3 teeth pulled:snork::sigh: to prepare for dental implants...OMG......toothless and limping....lol..But i'm trying to stay positive...not much else we can do right??? Whew is right!!!!! :sigh:
 
charmed-life...Hello lady!!! Nice to meet you Hope you are recovering well....How do you feel...Are you glad you had the surgery? Can you tell I'm a newbie??? Just a bundle of nerves...:)
 
@chaseyboy OMG teeth, too! :sick: March 10 there you go! You will be a month before me, and can teach me all the tricks.
 
OMg teeth to:snork: MajorHeidi....Hope you had a nice weekend.....I would wait but I have been putting this off..to long...lol. All I wanted to do was to replace an older bridge.....of course its never that simple.....Some days i feel like screaming...WHY ME...but then I see I'm not alone:friends:..just some days you feel as though you are, but I have family as you probably do....they will see us through this right.....:yes!:
 
Yes I'm glad I had the surgery even though still some pain and restrictions for a couple more weeks.
 
@chaseyboy I giggled when I saw your toothless. I have 9 of my natural teeth left (bottom center) so can relate! Upper denture and partial in the bottom. I think I hate giving up my teeth before surgery worse than anything else. Now that is vain! Toothless, hip less, and humorless sometimes, that is me.lol... Cannot believe I am down to the last week, woohoo, it's been a long time coming!
 
Hello all. Very depressing day for me, and by no means am I a depressed person. I just feel like crying to all you guys because you know the pain.:boohoo: I can relate to a world getting smaller.Just when I think its a good day it always ends in pain. Just so sick of this ... Went to pt today. Oh my goodness. He says your quads are tight YEAH THINK...lol I haven't used them in awhile. It was a painful session. I almost feel like I could use a cane. Hate the thoughts of that though. MMM Just one of those days..it will pass. Just wish I was looking forward to a nice long trip instead of surgery. I've waited all this time for four weeks vacation..haha some vacation this will be. This is when thoughts of cancelling surgery floods my head, but I want to be better... oh well, I think the heating pad is calling me ...lol Thanks for listening.:SUNsmile:
 
@chaseyboy - I can totally relate to the way you feel - BUT it is not forever and you will be so much better when you have the THR as you well know. I have now been off work and on crutches full time for 6 weeks today so I know about depression and the pain.... Hang in there friend:friends: As one saying says - "It will be alright in the end - if it's not alright - it's not the end":)
 
Oh my! It's so nice to have people to talk to. I lost several teeth before surgery too. It's very distressing!

I'm sorry about all the pain. I'm about 4 1/2 months into recovery for right TKR. My new knee is good and solid, and for that I am thankful. My bad knee needs replacing so it flares up now and then to remind me how painful it can be.

All the best to all of you!
Betty


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@chaseyboy PT can be painful right. My hip flexor is tight in bad hip and opposite knee is so weak when they put the thing under the knee to do short quad/knee raises it hurts like the dickens. My PT has me doing 20 squats or maybe I should say 'psuedo squats' . I can only go down a couple inches. But, she swears if I continue these painful exercises I will strengthen both my knees and hips and recovery will be easier. I sure hope so.
 
fulafoto...I love that quote...It is so true. Feel like a big baby when I read your on crutches ...Its just you know....you feel like you will never be the same again?? Right? I so took for granted when I could run up steps..things like that..mmm who knew..It was always somebody else, now its us. Even with all this awful pain I'm still scared of surgery. All those thoughts that this is it. What if something doesn't go right. We only have the bones we are born with...lol...Do you think that way? I'm sure its normal. I just wish those thoughts would leave my head. When is your surgery>? I get a little lost on these threads.. have to go back so I can keep track of my new friends. Keep me posted friend.:console2:
 
MajorHeidi....Hello girl...I know pt will make us stronger. ITS JUST SO HARD. I feel like an old loser trying to do it..and to think 3 years ago I went to gym all the time and had fun. I am going to get better...I just have to keep reminding myself of that....Keep doing those squats!!!!!:dancy:
 
Today I got my pre-admission hospital forms in the mail to fill out, making the upcoming surgery that much more real. Tomorrow is the MRI on my right hip. I am hoping it will give me some clarity as to which hip to do. It is still the more painful hip, but has less arthritis, according to the x-ray from last April. I have still been having pretty good days and am still waffling on whether to do this surgery. I actually jogged a little on the treadmill today. I haven't done that in 8 months. Geeze.
 
@Dmcfad2 @chaseyboy Hi! and Hi to all!
Debbie, hope you do get some clarity on the choice of which hip needs it more. Grrrrr......

I talked to a wife of an OS today. She told me that the people who are able to keep working out and/or
doing PT exercises religiously come thru with easier muscle recovery. Hope that's right.
I am trying.....
There is a PT exercise where they put a bolster thing under your knee area. then you raise your lower leg up.
That is so hard for me for some reason. Regular leg lifts straight up are not a problem. Weird, but I guess its
a different muscle involved. Those squats are hard. ugh.
 
Freaky freak LOl glad you can relate....to the tooth story...good grief. I really should wait but my dentist said due to a slight infection I should get it done. Gosh, well i figure i won't really be smiling much.....or will I...? LOL I just figure do everything at once. Maybe I can get a face lift while under the anesthesia :heehee: And no your not vain....I AM ,,,,,,:loll:I don't know if they tell me to keep smiling ...i may not...although i am getting a temporary plate made...thank goodness, but i probably won't be allowed to wear them in the hospital. What has happened to us???? I always took such good care of myself......and look where I'm at:gaah: but as my husband says,,,it ain't no beauty contest LOLLLLLLLLLL:sigh:
 
Debbie...you jogged???? That's awesome...Well see what the MRI says...your the only one that can decide this.:shrug:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom